11/8 WDW Photo Update - Mostly Everest

peter11435

Original Poster
I am just back from a quick trip to WDW. The parks were busy for a Monday and Tuesday. Everest is looking great; the village is even more amazing than it was three weeks ago. Christmas decor is all over at MK, and AK but almost non-existent anywhere else. I am not a fan of the MK tree in the rose garden.

No pictures but the Living Seas sign is still intact and nothing new has been done to the exterior there or at Club Cool.

They are still working on the New York City Skyline on Streets of America, and Narnia stuff is showing up in a few places around the studios. The Beverly Sunset neon sign is back along Sunset Blvd.

The MK bus stops have all new signs for each resort, as well as new directional signs. It was late and I did not get any photos but they look great and were much needed. The MK resort area boats are having there lights replaced. Many of the boats now have LED lights lining the top. Right now I am not a fan of the new look but it should be better from a maintenance POV.

Now lets get on to the pictures.

Just click the images to view a much larger version.

MGM studios arch with MGM logo.

Narnia poster on Mickey Ave

New York City Skyline work

Christmas on Main Street

Magic Kingdom Christmas tree

Christmas at Animal Kingdom

More to come....

peter11435

Original Poster

Well thats all for this update. I would just like to add that I will be moving to Orlando later this month. Once I am up there I will be able to provide updates and pictures much more often. Hope you all enjoy.

LSUxStitch

WDWcrazy626 said:
I have a question...were the world trade towers ever in the NYC skyline? if so, at what point did they take them down? Thanks!

I don't recall ever seeing the Towers in the skyline, but I could be wrong.

SpenceMan01

Since when is the MK Christmas tree in the hub? I have VERY fond memories of it being in the Town Square.

Great update peter! :wave:

Captain Chaos

SpenceMan01 said:
Since when is the MK Christmas tree in the hub? I have VERY fond memories of it being in the Town Square.

Great update peter! :wave:

I think it is only in the rose garden for now, until the train station rehab is done.. or until they are finished taping the christmas parade..

chucknstuff

I LOVE LADDER......EXPEDITION LADDER!!!!!!

I AM THE FOLLOWER OF THE LADDER (NOT THE YELLOW ONE BUT THE RED ONE):sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

pat_naughty05

About the Twin Towers in the NYC skyline:

I should imagine not. You see, the Empire State Building was part of MGM's NY skyline replication, right? Well, in NYC the Empire State Building and former location of the Twin Towers (or World Trade Center, if you prefer) are pretty far apart, almost on opposite ends of Manhattan Island. Plus, hasn't the Empire State Building always been the highest point in the MGM NYC skyline? The World Trade Center towers were siginificantly taller than the Empire State Building, so I think that would have shown in the MGM skyline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom