$1067.66 later....

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
...we finally got EVERYTHING for our upcoming September 27 - October 4 WDW trip buttoned up!

We've had our typical WDW vacation (with airfare) all paid for for quite a while now. I just didn't feel like I could really start 'celebrating' until I could get a few last "loose ends" tied up.

• The car rental - we always wait until the last minute for this for the best prices..this was a little more last minute than usual... Cost: $144.56
  • Universal - Last yeear we spent 2 days at Universal (staying at WDW but visiting Uni for 2 days - we enjoyed ourselves immensily so we're continuing this new tradition. Cost: $671.94
  • MNSSHP - We never go in September so this was opportunity to try something new this year! Cost: $251.16
Being able to add this kind of fun and convenience onto our already awesome vacation: PRICELESS! ;)

In all seriousness though those 'loose ends' sure are expensive though....phew!

Anyway!! I'm glad we got it done and behind us. Times are tough for everyone these days and we're VERY lucky to be in a position right now to be able to generate the additional income to do these little extras let alone visit WDW at all.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
...we finally got EVERYTHING for our upcoming September 27 - October 4 WDW trip buttoned up!

We've had our typical WDW vacation (with airfare) all paid for for quite a while now. I just didn't feel like I could really start 'celebrating' until I could get a few last "loose ends" tied up.

• The car rental - we always wait until the last minute for this for the best prices..this was a little more last minute than usual... Cost: $144.56
  • Universal - Last yeear we spent 2 days at Universal (staying at WDW but visiting Uni for 2 days - we enjoyed ourselves immensily so we're continuing this new tradition. Cost: $671.94
  • MNSSHP - We never go in September so this was opportunity to try something new this year! Cost: $251.16
Being able to add this kind of fun and convenience onto our already awesome vacation: PRICELESS! ;)

In all seriousness though those 'loose ends' sure are expensive though....phew!

Anyway!! I'm glad we got it done and behind us. Times are tough for everyone these days and we're VERY lucky to be in a position right now to be able to generate the additional income to do these little extras let alone visit WDW at all.

Awesome Shook!

Sounds like a class trip on the way :)

Upvote 0

coachwnh

We did Universal for two days this past summer as well (first time) like you, we came away impressed. Those extras on your WDW trips are great. safe travels and enjoy your trip!!

Upvote 0

Minthorne

• I'm so jealous of your rental car price! We are going New Year's Week this year and I'm holding off getting a car becuase they are running about $475 for the week right now.

I hope you have an amazing time!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

Original Poster
We are going to WDW from 12-21OCT12. We are also going to USO for a day and attending MNSSHP on 18OCT. I really hope you enjoy your trip and please post your review when you return.
I've been contemplating a trip report. I've always wanted to do one, but it's always seemed like a daunting task, especially compared to some of the amazing TRs i've seen around here. My daughter is encouraging me to do it so I think I will enlist her help!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

Original Poster
Nice one Mr Shookie. Love those tags.Now the countdown is really on.And after you read all of Crush Dudes food report and photos,it'll be time to pack those cases.Now remember to pack those elastic waist pants.Just as important as your ponchos.:)
I need elastic waist pants just from reading Crush's food report...let alone when I head down..holy wow!
I'm investing in US\UK Elastic Inc. I'm thinking the stock's going to rise over the next few months with all the purchases from all the foodies around here.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

Original Poster

• I'm so jealous of your rental car price! We are going New Year's Week this year and I'm holding off getting a car becuase they are running about $475 for the week right now.

I hope you have an amazing time!

$ 475! ouch! The first year we went we didn't rent a car...Day 3 riding the Disney buses was enough to change our mind....we high tailed it to Enterprise, paid through the nose right around 400 bucks for 4 days! Ever since then we take care of it ahead of time and I haven't paid more than 150 bucks (for 8 days) in the last 5 years.

The good thing about Car rentals is it's usually better the longer you wait.
HOTWIRE and Priceline are your best bets. I use them almost every year. This year I was able to get a deal right from the rental company and it's for a Standard sized car! We normaly get a compact.

Good luck in getting that price down! I'm a bargain hunter when it comes to our WDW vacations.
The deals are out there you just have to be persistent and know where to go and when to pull the trigger!

Upvote 0

minnielaw

It's a beautiful thing when you open that envelope up and see those babies !! See ya down there, I'm 9/30-10/7 @ Poly
I always thought it would be a riot to see myself in somebodys pics :D My trip overlaps you 2 days so you never know !!

I will be looking for ShookieJones and you, Foolish Mortal! I am staying 9/30 to 10/8 at the Boardwalk Villas. We are having dinner twice at the Polynesian...once at Kona on October 1 and at Ohana on October 5. I will keep my eyes peeled for you guys...not that I have a clue what you look like! :D

I wish that we all had some WDWMagic gear so that we could recognize our fellow posters. My family would be so impressed if someone recognized me!

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

I will be looking for ShookieJones and you, Foolish Mortal! I am staying 9/30 to 10/8 at the Boardwalk Villas. We are having dinner twice at the Polynesian...once at Kona on October 1 and at Ohana on October 5. I will keep my eyes peeled for you guys...not that I have a clue what you look like! :D

I wish that we all had some WDWMagic gear so that we could recognize our fellow posters. My family would be so impressed if someone recognized me!

I'll be the guy wearing Hawaiin Disney shirts and more than likely wearing a bright Orange Phila. Flyers hat ! I also have a set of Aersomith wings on my left calf and an Eagle carrying the American flag on one side of my right calf with a Leprachaun on the other side. tmi ? Always like meeting fellow WDW Magic peeps. And I do have a WDW Magic button on whatever hat I have on.

Upvote 0

DawnBerg

Seems like quite a few WDWMagic peeps trips are overlapping this year!!! Will certainly be fun to compare all the pics after and see who we caught in the backgrounds!!! Have a magical trip!! Please forgive all of us peeps who will now be checking out everyones calves :oops: lol

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

I'll be the guy wearing Hawaiin Disney shirts and more than likely wearing a bright Orange Phila. Flyers hat ! I also have a set of Aersomith wings on my left calf and an Eagle carrying the American flag on one side of my right calf with a Leprachaun on the other side. tmi ? Always like meeting fellow WDW Magic peeps. And I do have a WDW Magic button on whatever hat I have on.

Flyers?!? Oh no... Bruins all the way!! haha.. And I will also have my WDWmagic button on as well as carrying a camera bag and a tri-pod. I'll be on the lookout for everyone!!!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

Original Poster
You better write a trip report!! I w ant to look for myself in the background of your pics!!! :D

I'm thinking MSSHP we're going to run into each other. We're not big dress up type of people add a 16 year old girl to the mix and litttle to no chance we could do it...but I think we may have convinced her to do an Avengers T-shirt theme, but now we're fighting over who will be Iron Man.

I am planning on writing a trip report - let's see if I can handle it.

Let's see if we can't get you some WDW street cred!

I just purchased a WDW Magic shirt from CafePress should be here in plenty of time..I just realized I can't wear it everyday so I guess I better go back and order a pin ;) for my backpack.

I will try to remember to PM all you guys my cell number so you can text me if you think you see me!
It will be great getting a bunch of "Shookie is that you?" texts everytime you guys see or hear a loud italian guy
genuflecting in the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom