100 Years of Magic - Who was there?

Spyne

Original Poster
Well, I obviously wasn't with my last trip being 2000 during the Millennium Celebration. But I've read about the celebration and it did sound like fun. I would of loved to of been there during it, seeing as I look up to Walt Disney as an icon.

But for those who were there during the celebration, did you like it? What did you think of the four new parades, Discover the Stories behind the Magic Kiosks, Walt Disney: One Man's Dream, the big Sorcerer Mickey hat at the Studios and whatever else came into the celebration. Did you think it was a good and worthy celebration? Please share your experiences!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I think it was a worthy celebration - minus the "tapestry of dreams" parade. That was a mere shell of the old Tapestry of Nations.

ldsprincess

i was there! but i was a bit younger so i don't remember what all they did special. i do, however, remember that the napkins at our resort had the cool little 100 logo on them! i guess that doesn't really help...i was like 12, so it was just another fun filled trip to disney world! i guess i didn't really notice special promotions or new attractions back then...oops!

Epcot82Guy

I actually started working at Epcot in June of that year. I liked TOD, but, in my defense, I never saw TON. I thought it was a great idea. Overall, I thought the celebration was good, but it wasn't enough to overcome many of the flaws and decisions at the parks at the time. I would have loved to have seen something new done with each of the parks and Walt. But, overall, job well done.

I still have a set of the four posters, and I will frame them for my condo or office soon.

SirNim

Millennium Celebration > 100 Years of Magic

OMD exhibit most appropriate. +
Hat. +
Permanence of the Hat. -
Parades. - (I don't plan my days around the parades, they don't draw me into the parks, rather be riding an e-ticket over and over while the parade's going on)
Special website with which you won a free pin with every purchase of one of those special light-up pins. +
I guess that's about it. Millennium Celebration was, overall, way better.

Figment82

The Millennium Celebration was much more exciting, in my opinion, but it was great to see the spotlight shown on Walt Disney. I think a lot of people tend to forget where it all started, and it was a great chance to put everything in perspective. I especially loved the addition of Walt quotes to the parades and the One Man's Dream attraction (which I am so glad they decided to keep open).

cloe111479

100 yrs of Magic

I was working in Adventureland Merchandise at the time of the 100 yrs of Magic. I think my best memory was the first date of the celebration, they did all of the parades officially for the first time. My friend Hilary and I got off of work early enough and saw all 3 parades for the first time. We did not see the Magic Kingdom one b/c a few nights prior when the park closed early, they did a cast preview of it. (It also was a practice for the cast members in the parade). I have to say all the time I was there I always disliked the Epcot parade. (even prior to working there). It just seemed to have no point (but remember this is coming from a New Orleans girl that like to have her parades with a lot of action, and beads!)

bgraham34

Its funny my wife and i were just looking at pictures last night of our first trip to Disney together. We had a great time. BUt last year was our best trip together to the Disney Parks ever.

bassman

i was there.

i loved it.

the addition of the hat to MGM was cool,and i like how they have kept it.

the new rides and stuff was cool too.

i was dissapointed with the "tapestry of dreams" parade though,i prefered the "tapestry of nations" more.

all in all the 100 years of magic celebration was great,it wasnt over the top.

Jesùs_Carioca

I remember a big cake....and i mean the HUUUUUUUUUUUUGEST CAKE IN THE WORLD that they cut as a special PR event for Walt and his 100 years at the park. It had his face on it.

there we go:

ArtDisCake174.jpg

I wasn't there...but my uncle was. He told me stories of all the fun 100 year press events and even let me in on one, and how amazing they were.

The beauty of this celebration though... was that it was the time that they commemoratively opened "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream" at Disney's MGM Studios. Recently...very Recently...that attraction has ever so quickly climbed to the top of my list as i begin to appreciate Uncle Walt more and more....and more and more and more and more and more! He was an amazing man...and i'm happy to say that i remember when he turned 100.

100 Acre HS

I remember a big cake....and i mean the HUUUUUUUUUUUUGEST CAKE IN THE WORLD that they cut as a special PR event for Walt and his 100 years at the park. It had his face on it.

there we go:

ArtDisCake174.jpg

I wasn't there...but my uncle was. He told me stories of all the fun 100 year press events and even let me in on one, and how amazing they were.

The beauty of this celebration though... was that it was the time that they commemoratively opened "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream" at Disney's MGM Studios. Recently...very Recently...that attraction has ever so quickly climbed to the top of my list as i begin to appreciate Uncle Walt more and more....and more and more and more and more and more! He was an amazing man...and i'm happy to say that i remember when he turned 100.
I carried a piece of that cake out:D

Budahman

100 Years Celebration was awesome, but I just loved and fell in love the WDW bigtime during the Millennium Celebration.
I got my BIGTIME Disney bug during the 25th Celebration.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think all celebrations are officially a blur in my mind...

I want milestones marked, like Epcot's 25th, but not long drawn out "celebrations." Open rides, shows, do an event.. but don't subject me to 18 months of marketing with the same color scheme.

BeckyBella

100 Years of Magic...not a big fan of the MK parade, but liked the others. (although I have to agree that ToN was better than ToD). The hat was fun, but not so much of a long-term fan. One of the little things that I liked was that chefs through the 'World created desserts based on Walt's known preferences and favorites. One of those extra little Disney touches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom