100 Greatest one-hit wonders on VH-1

Dawn S

Original Poster
Has anyone else been watching this?? I only watched a little bit of it because I was too disappointed in it. Maybe I'm disillusioned, but I don't consider Ratt & Faith No More to be one-hit wonders. Level with me, am I just being overly loyal to my music, or is VH-1 really off the mark here?

NowInc

Originally posted by Dawn S
Has anyone else been watching this?? I only watched a little bit of it because I was too disappointed in it. Maybe I'm disillusioned, but I don't consider Ratt & Faith No More to be one-hit wonders. Level with me, am I just being overly loyal to my music, or is VH-1 really off the mark here?

Im totally with you in that faith no more comment..they are one of my biggest influences in music (you could totally hear it when you listen to my music)...that first CD was AMAZING..and even tho their later stuff was a bit...weird..they had a huge impact on music and had more than one hit (or does no one else remember falling to pieces?)

Dawn S

Original Poster
Re: Re: 100 Greatest one-hit wonders on VH-1

Originally posted by NowInc

Im totally with you in that faith no more comment..they are one of my biggest influences in music (you could totally hear it when you listen to my music)...that first CD was AMAZING..and even tho their later stuff was a bit...weird..they had a huge impact on music and had more than one hit (or does no one else remember falling to pieces?)

That was the first song that popped into my head, too. They were outstanding artists. Mike Patton is still doing great, but he's trying to do much, so everything is only getting 25% from him. Mr Bungle was awesome!

NowInc

Re: Re: Re: 100 Greatest one-hit wonders on VH-1

That was the first song that popped into my head, too. They were outstanding artists. Mike Patton is still doing great, but he's trying to do much, so everything is only getting 25% from him. Mr Bungle was awesome!

LoL..ever hear the Mr.Bungle version of "hit me baby one more time?....so classic ;)

Dawn S

Original Poster
Yes, I did. I am a Mike Patton fanatic, so I'm pretty familiar with most of it. He's got a GREAT voice!

NowInc

Yes, I did. I am a Mike Patton fanatic, so I'm pretty familiar with most of it. He's got a GREAT voice!

Totally...its a shame he isnt "mainstream" anymore..and probobly never will be again...too many deprived people out there will never know who he is...

..on a side note....did you notice how "commercialized" this one hit wonders list is? They are leaving out waaaaaay too many.

Dawn S

Original Poster
I agree with that, too. Like I said, I only caught about 2 hours worth of it tonight, but I was pretty shocked. Don't they post these on a list at VH1 or something? Would like to see what else I missed to know exactly what they left off.

NowInc

I agree with that, too. Like I said, I only caught about 2 hours worth of it tonight, but I was pretty shocked. Don't they post these on a list at VH1 or something? Would like to see what else I missed to know exactly what they left off.

yeah..they have the list on their site..i saw the whole countdown the other day..shaking my head the entire time...i had commercialized america ;)

Dawn S

Original Poster
Oh, this is horrid!!

Ummm...."Harper Valley PTA"?????

One really good one "I Know What Boys Like"...love that song!

Quiet Riot?????

I'm avoiding the rest of the list...it's just purely stupid. :rolleyes:

NowInc

Oh, this is horrid!!

Ummm...."Harper Valley PTA"?????

One really good one "I Know What Boys Like"...love that song!

Quiet Riot?????

I'm avoiding the rest of the list...it's just purely stupid. :rolleyes:

..and of course it is by no coincidence that these are the same songs available on vH1s "one hit wonders" cds...heh...

...I wouldnt mind the list if it were better arranged..i mean...seriously...#1..although a HUGE one hit wonder..was pale compaired to most of the ones to come from the 80's pop era...

...they are just sooooooo lucky they didnt put depeche mode on that list..id personally go to VH1 HQ and kick some booty

Dawn S

Original Poster

..and of course it is by no coincidence that these are the same songs available on vH1s "one hit wonders" cds...heh...

...I wouldnt mind the list if it were better arranged..i mean...seriously...#1..although a HUGE one hit wonder..was pale compaired to most of the ones to come from the 80's pop era...

...they are just sooooooo lucky they didnt put depeche mode on that list..id personally go to VH1 HQ and kick some booty

Depeche Mode couldn't have even been considered for that! They were way over the one-hit mark. EXCELLENT choice of bands! I'm impressed, Dan! :sohappy:

Dawn S

Original Poster
Originally posted by craziebabie1
No. I don't consider them one hit wonders. Especailly Ratt. What's that all about? However it does make me feel old.:wave:

Chele

Hi Chele!!!!!!!! :wave:

Dan - Chele
Chele - Dan

NowInc

Depeche Mode couldn't have even been considered for that! They were way over the one-hit mark. EXCELLENT choice of bands! I'm impressed, Dan! :sohappy:

Why thank you ;) In fact...right now im replacing prodigy with depeche in my CD player..hehe...Violator..woohoo

Dawn S

Original Poster

Why thank you ;) In fact...right now im replacing prodigy with depeche in my CD player..hehe...Violator..woohoo

EXCELLENT choice!! I could do without Prodigy though. :hurl:

Dawn S

Original Poster
Originally posted by craziebabie1
Hi Dawn. Where are we on this topic? I'm lost.

Dan's sharing his dazzling CD collection & thanking the VH1 Gods that Depeche Mode was not viewed as a "one hit wonder" . :lol:

NowInc

Dan's sharing his dazzling CD collection & thanking the VH1 Gods that Depeche Mode was not viewed as a "one hit wonder" . :lol:

*waves* Hi Chele ! :wave:

...LoL...my CD collection took a massive blow in 97 when i discovered mp3s..but i still have a ton (too many actually) that i dig up every now and again....

Dawn S

Original Poster

*waves* Hi Chele ! :wave:

...LoL...my CD collection took a massive blow in 97 when i discovered mp3s..but i still have a ton (too many actually) that i dig up every now and again....

The night I discovered, Napster, I downloaded so much that I crashed. It was awful. I have so much now (on CD, thank Godess) that I actually cannot think of any other song title to look for. :lol: That is SO sick!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom