100 Acre Wood

Lennyg512

Original Poster
I was just wondering, when is the 100 Acre Wood in the Magic Kingdom supposed to open?
Sorry if this was already posted.

Thank you for your time.

Lynx04

considering Disney has yet to make an official announcement, I am not sure when it will open. Maybe Disney will finially acknowledge it during the 50th press release.

tinkerbella

This area is not really officially anything. It is called the Hundred Acre Wood and will be a meet and greet for characters. Part of the wall has already come down and there are trees and benches and lightposts. But it is not a new land or anything like that. Just a character meet and greet area across from the Winnie the Pooh attraction.

mkepcotmgmak

tinkerbella said:
This area is not really officially anything. It is called the Hundred Acre Wood and will be a meet and greet for characters. Part of the wall has already come down and there are trees and benches and lightposts. But it is not a new land or anything like that. Just a character meet and greet area across from the Winnie the Pooh attraction.

i guess i was hoping to see replicas of pooh's house with Mr. Sanders on it, and Owl's house in a tree, and the other houses too... it would be nice, with music playing.

i'm not a big fan of the pooh characters, but i loved "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" when i was younger, as well as "Welcome to Pooh Corner" - that show was AMAZING! It would be nice to see the gang of characters coming out of pooh's house to do their meet and greets!

i wish there was a land devoted to Dumbo's Circus from the Disney Channel... sniff sniff.... :lookaroun

mkepcotmgmak

TravisMT81 said:
It will just be like another Camp Minnie/Mickey

at least camp minnie-mickey has two attractions though.

speaking of... they really need to widen the pathways around there, because when FOLK let's out, it's a nightmare, especially with people getting strollers!

rentNdisney

mkepcotmgmak said:
i wish there was a land devoted to Dumbo's Circus from the Disney Channel... sniff sniff.... :lookaroun

Holy Moley!! I LOVED that show, and whenever my friends and I take a trip down television memory lane, no one knows what I'm talking about. I never even knew the name up untill now, I just remembered watching Disney Channel when I was about 4 and loving the Dumbo show. Man, that would be flippin' awesome, but alas, why make me happy?

mkepcotmgmak

rentNdisney said:
Holy Moley!! I LOVED that show, and whenever my friends and I take a trip down television memory lane, no one knows what I'm talking about. I never even knew the name up untill now, I just remembered watching Disney Channel when I was about 4 and loving the Dumbo show. Man, that would be flippin' awesome, but alas, why make me happy?

well, it wasn't on for a long enough time for today's kids to know what it is, so it would be a waste on just our generation... kind of...

but that show was awesome!
Sebastian the alley cat, QT - the orangutang, Barnaby (wasn't that the clumsy dog's name?), Lilly, the tight rope walking cat, Fair Dinkem - ringmaster koala, Dumbo of course, and probably more that i'm forgetting......

Piebald

The only positive thing I can tell people who think that there is too much "Pooh" (hehe) in WDW is that possibly with their relocation it will leave their room at the Judge's Tent open for rent! Maybe they will bring back the villains, or just throw in completely random characters.

nibblesandbits

mkepcotmgmak said:
i guess i was hoping to see replicas of pooh's house with Mr. Sanders on it, and Owl's house in a tree, and the other houses too... it would be nice, with music playing.

i'm not a big fan of the pooh characters, but i loved "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" when i was younger, as well as "Welcome to Pooh Corner" - that show was AMAZING! It would be nice to see the gang of characters coming out of pooh's house to do their meet and greets!

I'd think if they didn't build any kind of "sets" then maybe the meet and greet won't eventually become permanant. Just a hope!

drew81

I heard that Christopher Robin might start appearing at the 100 acre wood when it opens. This is not definate, just a rumor. I also heard that he will look quite different from when he used to appear.

DisneySam

Welcome to Pooh Corner and Dumbo's Circus...that was a nice Flash Back for me! I loved those shows!

Where is the new 100 Acre Wood going to be? [Sorry if it has already been said]

nibblesandbits

DisneySam said:
Welcome to Pooh Corner and Dumbo's Circus...that was a nice Flash Back for me! I loved those shows!

Where is the new 100 Acre Wood going to be? [Sorry if it has already been said]
where 20K was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom