10 years without any wonders

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
I know my first time there was in 2011, but back then I thought it was from World Showcase, but by the time I went back I remembered. Still is sad what has happened to that pavilion.

danyoung56

This was one of my favorite pavilions - I used to spend a lot of time there. I remember they used to fly a Met Life blimp around inside the dome. Cranium Command was one of my favorite attractions at WDW. I also did Body Wars many times, and it never affected me in any way.

A few years ago I jumped the rope and went into an empty pavilion. I got so far as going into the CC theater, where everything was still there, just waiting to be turned on. Very sad.

Rickster7

Went 5 years in a row 2002-2006 and never knew this existed. I will have to look at my old maps of Epcot. Where was or is the pavilion?

P_Radden

Went 5 years in a row 2002-2006 and never knew this existed. I will have to look at my old maps of Epcot. Where was or is the pavilion?
It is located between Universe of Energy and Mission Space:
Untitledsdafgsd.png

You may have not seen it due to all the grown up trees around it these days

DisneyAndADoleWhip

I remember riding Body Wars in 2003 with my dad (I was 7). We couldn't convince anyone else in my family to try it out, but I loved it. I don't remember anything else about the pavilion though.

Princess Leia

I'm not sure if I ever went in. I definitely remember seeing photos and signs for Body Wars in the late 90s, but I don't know if we went inside the pavilion.

It's sad, really. The only things that I remember from Future World in those early Disney years were Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Spaceship Earth and... actually that's it. I don't even know if I was ever on Horizons, The Seas, World of Motion, or the original Imagination. I have vivid memories of the World Showcase though.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I would say Wonders of Life and KC/Food Rocks predated the era where many people universally accepted fitness and wellness. Have these attractions been built and designed for the now, they may have been bigger hits with guests. Now there are several marathons and running events throughout the year, a sponsorship with New Balance, an attempt to provide healthier meal options/snacks etc. Hintity, hint, hint Disney
Maybe Habit Heroes scared off any WoL hopes of a future.

Jeff456

I am always a little disappointed that I can never seem to remember any of the pavilion when it was open, even though I went numerous times whilst it was! It would be good if something could be done with it (apart from using it as locations for festivals like food and wine) as part of the investment that Epcot should be receiving!

Konacha

In the Parks
No
I went during the final time it was open during November 2006 and it was also the only time I went. My family use to go for two weeks during Thanksgiving and the week after Thanksgiving when it was open. When I went to the park as a small kid in the 80s the attraction wasn't built yet and when I went in 2005 (a 17 year break between) it wasn't open. So that November 2006 was the only time I could ever be in there.

The area wasn't anywhere near full. Body Wars was open and my father and I rode it but only got to about 3/4 down when the ride broke down. After that the family hit Cranium Command and we could tell at the time it was really dated but we did get to see the whole thing. Even though it was dated it still was good. The bike things were still covered and I think the Making of Me was showing but I don't remember. I just remember the place felt really empty and there wasn't much to do there. It felt like it was already on its last legs.

Tom Morrow

A few years ago I had the opportunity to explore the entire building. Much of it other than the main dome was creepy and frozen in time, though in no condition to ever run again. The Body Wars simulator bays were empty. The Cranium Command theater was downright creepy, Buzzy, the Hypothalamus, the screens, as far as I can tell the whole stage were still in there. The VIP/conference rooms, themed to carnivals, were still intact at the time as well.

I remember going through the pavilion as a kid, and I loved it. I loved how old school Future World had an emphasis on science museum-type exhibits, with greater focus on the pavilions being pavilions instead of a big ride building with a small handful of post-show games (Test Track, Mission: Space, current Image Works). Seabase Alpha is still mostly intact, but plays secondary to the omnimover ride.

Last edited:

Musicman20

I remember those bikes! My Dad was and is a keen cyclist, and even back then he wanted us to all go on them! Great fun. I can't remember everything about the pavilion but I definitely remember The Making of Me and my parents turning round and saying 'we guess you already know all of that!' and laughed.

Wow, that was some time ago. Early 90s!

One thing I tell people is to save to go to WDW...because the memories I have of it, and continue to build on, are like no other holiday.

Figment Newton

I never went to WOL while still open, even though I know I went to Epcot several times from 2001-07. I did see it once or twice early on as Garden Festival Center and it was weird to see Cranium Command entrance marquee as a stage, Body Wars sign still up and the whole place just seemed odd. Just went to Epcot recently and saw the dome for first time in a while . . . it now definitely looks its age with the paint wearing off the golden dome. When there isn't a Festival, it definitely looks abandoned and decaying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom