10 Things Not to Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouseman720

you are deffently right. When I was newto the messge boards all I got was "don't ask that question", "it has been disgusted already", "come up with a new post", and even yes "just stop posting". I understand that a lot of you have been on this site a lot long then most of us, but that doesn't mean that you need to be rude and nasty to us. yes there are things that people post that just make you want to jump through the computer and smack then, but hey, give them a break. I know there where a lot of questions that I had when I frist came to this site that i had no idea that other poeple would have been interestd in. yes I have finally learned to do ym homework before posting a thread. But you you old timers on the site give them a break. just either send then to a thread that already exsists or tell them whatthey want to know. thats all, don't be me and rude thats how you scare people away. I don't think thats what this site was ment for.

doc_holiday3500

CommandoDisney said:
thats kind of a rough request to make. especially since ive asked some of those questions when i first got here. no matter what ure never gonna be able to make everyone happy here. people tell you to look up old threads before starting a new one on the same topic but then get yelled at for bringing up an old thread. whatever, its a discussion board, so discuss what you want. yeah its annoying when you see a guy with 2 posts ask "i heard they are opening a new park soon, when is that supposed to happen?" because of course all the veterans here now the answer. its kinda like when you need to go to customer service for some store or company or something and they are very rude and talk down to you, its like how was i supposed to know? basically we just gotta remember the new guys and remember they dont know their way around yet. they just want advice and answers from people who they know, know a lot more than themselves. thats the whole reason why i came to this board in the first place, you all amaze me with your incredible knowledge!:)

:sohappy: :sohappy: Couldn't have said it better myself!!

brich

slappy magoo said:
They call this a (and I'll say it slow) D I S C U S S I O N F O R U M....
Note, the first word is discussion.

Actually, the way you spelled it, the first word is either "D" or "D I S C U S S I O N F O R U M."

I kid! I kid because I love! Please don't kick me! Not there!
... the extra space was absorbed by the forum... so, I maintain my spelling is correct and my input spacing was correct, but the site didn't like the extra space and therefore revoked it... Non of which matters. The part that I'm worried about is, I think what your saying is - you love me?!?! :eek:

SGT623

LaughingGravy said:
When there's a topic posted that has been discussed before multiple times that will never be resolved or something I'm not interested in answering, I simply don't read it past the subject line.
The nature of forums is that people will come and go.

Someone new to this forum will likely ask about the value of the dining plan.
That's a legitimate question and depending on changes made to the dining plan, will have a different answer.

To say that topics shouldn't be discussed anymore because someone who has been here a while, or has read everything here to be read, and is now bored by those topics doesn't make any sense.

The friendliness, upbeat attitude and popularity of this forum are great benefits. Let's keep it that way.
To answer a newbies post with something like "do a search, this has been discussed to death" doesn't really help anyone.

Many folks here answer with a link to another thread. That shows consideration, friendliness, and also quietly encourages people that the topic may already be out there and has been discussed. It also bumps a thread if the newbie replies to the thread in the link and keeps something that's possibly been a long discussion going. More information is often better.

You took the words right out of my fingers. :)

slappy magoo

brich said:
... the extra space was absorbed by the forum... so, I maintain my spelling is correct and my input spacing was correct, but the site didn't like the extra space and therefore revoked it... Non of which matters. The part that I'm worried about is, I think what your saying is - you love me?!?! :eek:

Oh, like you haven't been leading me on for months...tease...

Nut4Disney

This is the most ignorant topic I've ever seen on here. Especially coming from someone who has been on this forum for only a little over a year. I've been a member here for over 5 yrs and I see repeat topics constantly. It really doesn't bother me as I understand that there are always new members joining who are unfamiliar with what has been discussed and what hasn't been discussed ad nauseam. I still see topics that were discussed 5 yrs ago, such as "What band should replace Aerosmith on RnR?" or "What are your favorite smells at WDW?". It really isn't that big of a deal. If you don't want to read about it again don't click on the topic. :brick:

LaughingGravy

"my daughter was once on an elevator that plummeted 11 stories with a man dressed as Mickey Mouse but with blood on his shoes humming the Twilight Zone theme"

Wow. Me too. I had no idea how common an occurance that was.

I was in tears laughing when I read that. Thanks!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
LaughingGravy said:
When there's a topic posted that has been discussed before multiple times that will never be resolved or something I'm not interested in answering, I simply don't read it past the subject line.
The nature of forums is that people will come and go.

Someone new to this forum will likely ask about the value of the dining plan.
That's a legitimate question and depending on changes made to the dining plan, will have a different answer.

To say that topics shouldn't be discussed anymore because someone who has been here a while, or has read everything here to be read, and is now bored by those topics doesn't make any sense.

The friendliness, upbeat attitude and popularity of this forum are great benefits. Let's keep it that way.
To answer a newbies post with something like "do a search, this has been discussed to death" doesn't really help anyone.

Many folks here answer with a link to another thread. That shows consideration, friendliness, and also quietly encourages people that the topic may already be out there and has been discussed. It also bumps a thread if the newbie replies to the thread in the link and keeps something that's possibly been a long discussion going. More information is often better.

Well said, I agree. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom