10 night stay 10 days of tickets

Hi Everyone,

I have a question with regard to tickets.

My beloved wife and I will be heading to the World for Christmas this year. We will be arriving late (11pm) Dec. 22 and leaving the afternoon of Jan. 1.

Thus, we will be staying ten nights. We ordered 10 day tickets with park hopper and dining. Our plan is to be in the parks Dec. 23 - Jan. 1.

I have heard that the tickets start to tick down from the first night of stay. Well, we won't be visiting the parks that night. It will be too late. Is that going to be a wasted ticket? Does that mean that I will not have a ticket for January 1?

Should I add another day to my tickets, or do the tickets not start to get used until my first entry into a park?

Thanks,

Johnny

DisneyMarg

Tickets count down from first day of use, not first night of stay. Others can confirm (Belle? JP?). I believe the old tickets may have been based on your stay, but under the Magic Your Way packages (which I'm assuming yours is), the tickets are not automatically tied to the stay. In fact, if you decide not to go to the parks all 10 days, you can add the no expiry option before leaving and save some of your days for a future trip.

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

Tickets are measured from the first time they are used. You will have 14 days to use up the number of days you purchased - unless you add on the no expiration. :xmas:

Upvote 0
Question? When you first use your 10 day ticket do you have the next 13 days after the first use making 14 days or is it the next 14 days after first use making it 15 days? I ask because we are also getting the water park option added to the tickets?

Upvote 0

MaryMcMagic

I don't think that is what the OP is asking. He's asking if his pass starts the 1st day of his arrival. Because he is arriving so late in the PM, if he was paying for admittance into the parks for that day also, money is being wasted. I know the packages used to include "length of stay passes" that did start arrival through departure dates. Now the MYW passes don't start until they are actually USED the first time. Still, he should be sure he's getting the proper amount of days since he doesn't need a pass for the day/night of his arrival...:p

I think I worded that corrrectly...:hammer:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The tickets are good for 14 days from the first day of use whether they use it the first day or the second day of their stay. If they will not be utilizing all 10 days then I would get the 9 day instead.

Pam

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

I can confirm Kingdom Konsultants is correct. Your tickets will expire 14 days from the ticket's first use, regardless of your room reservation dates.

If you check-in on Sunday the 1st, but don't start using your MYW ticket until Wednesday the 4th, then you have the next 13 consecutive days (in this example through Tuesday the 17th) to use the remaining days and entitlement on your ticket. You also can add the no-expiration option within these same 14 days, but before you leave WDW if you want to protect any unused days or entitlements left on your ticket.

Also in theory, you could purchase a 10 day ticket on this year's vacation package, not use any days on the ticket, and bring it back years later. You then will still have 14 days from the Ticket's first use to enjoy all the days and entitlements on your ticket.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

NOLADisneyFan

Original Poster
Thank you all so much! I remember hearing it the way you all said it runs, but I was reading a book on visiting Disney (I love those books) and it got me worried.

I have the right amount of days!

Thanks so much, you all are the best.

Johnny

Upvote 0

Rob562

Also note that at the 10-day ticket level, each additional day is only about $2 (assuming you didn't choose the "non-expiring" option. So if you get a 10-day ticket and only use 9 days, it's not a huge waste like it used to be under the Length of Stay passes...

-Rob

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

DisneyMarg said:
Tickets count down from first day of use, not first night of stay. Others can confirm (Belle? JP?). I believe the old tickets may have been based on your stay, but under the Magic Your Way packages (which I'm assuming yours is), the tickets are not automatically tied to the stay. In fact, if you decide not to go to the parks all 10 days, you can add the no expiry option before leaving and save some of your days for a future trip.
100% correct!!! Tickets start from the first time they are used, not the first night of your stay!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom