Trip Report 10 days goes too fast in Disney World! July Trip Report

So.. I debated back and forth on whether or not I should write a trip report! Bringing back all my Disney memories is bittersweet, I wish I was still there! However, I do not want to forget anything about my wonderful, amazing trip so here goes! Hope you enjoy :)

I went to Disney from July 14-23, got stuck in Orlando so we didn't really leave until the 24th, with my best friend. This is my fourth trip to Disney and this was her probably 14th, haha. We had never been on vacation together, but we are inseparable at home, so we knew we'd have no problems!! I'm an Ariel lover, Disney World obsessed fan, who comes on these forums WAY TOO MUCH :) My name's Nicole and the girl with the brown hair is my best friend! :) Her favorite princess is Aurora, and is pretty upset there isn't a sleeping beauty ride, or show, or really anything in Disney World! We had tons of plans, we wanted to do the cupcake challenge, where you eat a different cupcake everyday, we wanted to drink around the world, we had a ton of things on our must do lists. Disney here we come!

Day One:

Our flight to Disney was at 6:00 AM from Newark so we had to be at the airport around 4 AM! We TRIED to go to sleep early, but all our adrenaline and excitement made that impossible! Finally around 10 PM we fell asleep, and set our alarms for 3:15 AM to go to the airport. When my alarm went off, I was a little cranky and wondered why we picked such an early flight, but then the excitement of going to Disney World crept up, and I was fully awake.

imagejpg1_zps02b4467e.jpg

I'm the blonde!

Our flight there was super fast, and we arrived at 8:40 AM. We planned this right! We'd have a full day!! Off it was to find the magical express, did I mention, my friend and I are directionally challenged.
We went all the way downstairs and saw a bunch of Disney cruise buses only to find out we were on the wrong side of the airport, the magical express in on the B side just so everyone knows :) Back up the stairs and off to the other side we went.

We found the magical express area right away, and since it was early, it wasn't crowded at all! I remember when I went to Disney in November the lines being super long, but the lines were really short when we arrived! We hopped right on the bus, and we were off! Driving through the Walt Disney World sign gave me goosebumps, I could not believe I was really here! My level of excitement increased with each big purple sign with Mickey ears on top we passed.

imagejpg1_zpsee2f59b2.jpg

Stop one was Old Key West Resort, stop two was Saratoga Springs, and stop three was our new home, Port Orleans French Quarter! I had never stayed here before, but just seeing the signs saying "Welcome Home" made me all teary-eyed. I'm such a Disney sap.

We checked in immediately, there was no lines at all, and since I had done the online check in, our room was ready! We were in building 4, room 4309, near the bus stop and food court. We had a garden view, and the room was so pretty! We couldn't have asked for a better room!

We quickly unpacked our carry-ons since our luggage hadn't arrived yet, and then began exploring! We each packed all our headwear in our carry-ons, so for our very first day we decided to wear matching minnie-ears. While we unpacked, we watched Stacey! What kind of Disney trip is it if you don't watch her must dos! Unt pretzel, unt beer!

We walked along the Sassagoula River, checked out the pool area, and checked out the food court. This resort is BEAUTIFUL. It's small and easy to get around, and the landscapers were even the friendliest people. They offered to take our picture in front of the fountain. Thanks again!

After we made our way full circle around our resort, it was off to Magic Kingdom! It was around 1130 AM when we hopped on the first Disney bus to the parks! Hearing the themed music, where the horns are blaring to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom, made me instantly emotional! We put our key to world card up to the new Mickey turnstiles, watched Mickey light up green, and were inside! AHHHH!!!

We hurriedly picked up our photopass and continued on. That first walk down main street is still a blur in my mind. As soon as I saw that castle, I realized I was truly here, my happiest place on earth. The tears started welling up in my eyes, I could not believe it! After months of visiting these forums and looking at everyone's pictures, it was finally my turn! I was so happy and overwhelmed and then BAM the "move it, shake it, celebrate it" parade started going on. I swear it's like they were celebrating our arrival :) We both were laughing and dancing, and waving at every character that passed by. It was the best entrance I've ever had.

We couldn't decide what we wanted to do first, we had no plan! So we started wandering! We took as many photopass pictures and we could, and then decided to head to new fantasyland. We both had last visited in 2011, so we were excited! On the way, we saw a Tiana, and there wasn't a line, so we had to meet her right away! She was extremely nice, and really pretty!

New fantasyland did not live up to my expectations, I guess because the huge mine train is in the middle of everything. It kind of takes away from the whole immersive experience. I think I may have rathered they open everything up at once, instead of in stages. Don't get me wrong, all the detailing in this area of the park is one the reasons I love Disney World so much.. they truly go that extra mile.

Last edited:

jabbamfhutt1

I love this report. I am at Disney World right now with my daughter and I still want to read yours. We stayed at POFQ for a few days and then went to Animal Kingdom Lodge for the last few days.

I keep talking about your report to my daughter. It is actually making our trip better as we are doing some of the same things you got to do. Thanks for sharing and you are literally adding magic to our trip too!

And we had to take our pictures by the Lone Ranger poster outside MK too -- thanks for the idea and you can come with us anytime you want. :)

Disney80

Looooooooved your trip report :inlove:

Sooooo sad that it's over :(:confused::cry:

Thank you for your reports and pics. Makes me miss WDW even more (that last trip of mine back in 2008 sure is far)...

Hopefully I'll be able to return the favor soon and write my own trip report...

Mollie_Minnie

I will keep my fingers crossed that you get to go to Disney!!! I'm sorry I can't keep writing.. I wish I could of had 5 more days in the world and then this report could continue! I just need to go back for a longer time period next time :)

I have the week I want!!! It is going to be a family trip (my parents who last WDW trip was in 1996 and my sister) My sister doesn't know yet that I have the week we wanted, but my parents do. I told her a little lie so I could surprise her, she thinks the vacation choice is at the end of the month. So tomorrow we are all going to the «restaurant» together...but instead we will bring her to the travel agency so we can book our vacation!!! SURPRISE!!! :) I'm soooo happy!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I love this report. I am at Disney World right now with my daughter and I still want to read yours. We stayed at POFQ for a few days and then went to Animal Kingdom Lodge for the last few days.

I keep talking about your report to my daughter. It is actually making our trip better as we are doing some of the same things you got to do. Thanks for sharing and you are literally adding magic to our trip too!

And we had to take our pictures by the Lone Ranger poster outside MK too -- thanks for the idea and you can come with us anytime you want. :)

Isn't POFQ the greatest?! It's such a quiet small resort. It really does begin to feel like home. My dream is to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge one day. At least I got to go there for dinner! I'm extremely jealous of you! :)

I'm so glad my report has added magic to your trip. Your post gave me goosebumps! Anytime a fellow Disney lover can pass on the magic, it's a wonderful thing. I wish more people lived the Disney lifestyle. I read numerous trip reports before I left, and it's interesting to see all the things you wouldn't otherwise think to do! Word of mouth is definitley the best form of marketing, and I'm always passing along positive messages regarding Disney!

So glad you are having and awesome time, and I may just take you up on that next visit!

:)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Looooooooved your trip report :inlove:

Sooooo sad that it's over :(:confused::cry:

Thank you for your reports and pics. Makes me miss WDW even more (that last trip of mine back in 2008 sure is far)...

Hopefully I'll be able to return the favor soon and write my own trip report...

I will cross my fingers for you! I went in 2006 and then not again until 2011.. it was a long break! I hope you get to return home to the world soon. I really hate not knowing when my next trip will be, but hopefully it's soon!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I have the week I want!!! It is going to be a family trip (my parents who last WDW trip was in 1996 and my sister) My sister doesn't know yet that I have the week we wanted, but my parents do. I told her a little lie so I could surprise her, she thinks the vacation choice is at the end of the month. So tomorrow we are all going to the «restaurant» together...but instead we will bring her to the travel agency so we can book our vacation!!! SURPRISE!!! :) I'm soooo happy!

AHHHH what a great surprise! I would burst into tears of excitement! Have so much fun tomorrow at dinner, and at your trip to the world! All the days leading up to the trip seem to be just as exciting as being there! I'm so excited for you.. and jealous! Your sister is going to be on cloud 9!! :):):):)

Mollie_Minnie

AHHHH what a great surprise! I would burst into tears of excitement! Have so much fun tomorrow at dinner, and at your trip to the world! All the days leading up to the trip seem to be just as exciting as being there! I'm so excited for you.. and jealous! Your sister is going to be on cloud 9!! :):):):)

Lol I did and I still burst into tears of excitement every time I think about it. My sister is sooo cute cause she has no clue about it. I'm so nervous that I would not fall asleep. I'll have a long day at work tomorrow. Everyone at my job know about it. I found a Mickey and Minnie Christmas card and wrote (in french) something like this: since your birthday is coming soon we wanted to offer you something special and magical. Let's celebrate a dream come true. Mickey & Minnie xox. An then we will give her a box where she will find tickets for Mickey's very merry Christmas party! At this time we will be arriving at the travel agency! :) (I'm sorry about all the talking but I'm just so excited and need to spread my happiness!!!)

pumpkin7

I think so too. LOL! I'm even more depressed now that my trip and trip report are all over.. it's all memories now :( :( :(

Well if it makes you feel any better, at least you got to stay on site. I've seen your pics of staying on site, and now I wish I had of stayed on site! I have no memories of staying on site. It saddens me. Next time, I'm staying at AoA or POP!

Lexi

Like everyone else, I absolutely loved your trip report, and upgraded to photopass+ because of your pictures!! My boyfriend and I were in disney for 10 days on our last trip, and and felt it was just a day too long, but I think our timing might of had something to do with that. We were there December 25 - January 3rd. Christmas in Disney amazing, New Years in Disney not so much! Our next trip is coming up in 33 days :D and after that trip we are booking our first disney cruise for the following October, I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am for that. It took serving my bf a few (dozen) beers and sitting him down to watch the Destination America episode of Disney Cruise Lines...he fell in love and I got the okay to book the trip, it doesn't hurt that disney is one of the only cruise lines that allows you to bring a carry-on suitcase full of booze lol.

Goofnut1980

LOVE all of these pics.... makes me feel like I am at home!!!!

EDIT: I don't you posted many pics at all... what a waste of my time to read... Nothing to look at at all!!! lol

LizC

Best trip report ever! I really enjoyed reading this one, thanks so much for sharing. :) I am leaving for the world in 38 days, and I didn't think it was possible, but you actually have me MORE excited! I will be going to so many of the same restaurants as you, so I'm glad to see you loved them all.

Don't tell but you and your friend are making me wish I was going with a girlfriend instead of my husband! ;)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Lol I did and I still burst into tears of excitement every time I think about it. My sister is sooo cute cause she has no clue about it. I'm so nervous that I would not fall asleep. I'll have a long day at work tomorrow. Everyone at my job know about it. I found a Mickey and Minnie Christmas card and wrote (in french) something like this: since your birthday is coming soon we wanted to offer you something special and magical. Let's celebrate a dream come true. Mickey & Minnie xox. An then we will give her a box where she will find tickets for Mickey's very merry Christmas party! At this time we will be arriving at the travel agency! :) (I'm sorry about all the talking but I'm just so excited and need to spread my happiness!!!)

I'm so excited for you! You have to tell me how it went!!!!!! You will have an amazing time! And the Christmas Party.. I'm so jealous!!!! I hear it's awesome! :) :) :) :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Well if it makes you feel any better, at least you got to stay on site. I've seen your pics of staying on site, and now I wish I had of stayed on site! I have no memories of staying on site. It saddens me. Next time, I'm staying at AoA or POP!

You will def have to try on site next time! I'm sure where ever you stay in Disney is AMAZING (you're in Disney for crying out loud! lol) but on site allows you to fully immerse yourself in that bubble. Going back to real life is extremely tough, just to warn you!!! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Like everyone else, I absolutely loved your trip report, and upgraded to photopass+ because of your pictures!! My boyfriend and I were in disney for 10 days on our last trip, and and felt it was just a day too long, but I think our timing might of had something to do with that. We were there December 25 - January 3rd. Christmas in Disney amazing, New Years in Disney not so much! Our next trip is coming up in 33 days :D and after that trip we are booking our first disney cruise for the following October, I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am for that. It took serving my bf a few (dozen) beers and sitting him down to watch the Destination America episode of Disney Cruise Lines...he fell in love and I got the okay to book the trip, it doesn't hurt that disney is one of the only cruise lines that allows you to bring a carry-on suitcase full of booze lol.

Photopass+ is totally worth it! Especially with the two of you, it really is convenient! And you get all the ride photos, and dinner photos if you go to any ADRs where they take pictures. It was a great deal! I'm excited for your upcoming trip, and I hope I get to go on a Disney cruise next year too! Maybe I'll see ya there :) You have done a better job on convincing your boyfriend, mine is tough! And a carry on full of booze... you just made my day! I can't wait to go for sure now LOL

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
LOVE all of these pics.... makes me feel like I am at home!!!!

EDIT: I don't you posted many pics at all... what a waste of my time to read... Nothing to look at at all!!! lol

Sorry I didn't take a lot of pictures! Muhahah.. I didn't even post all that I took! Shutterfly is going to love me when I print them out. :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Best trip report ever! I really enjoyed reading this one, thanks so much for sharing. :) I am leaving for the world in 38 days, and I didn't think it was possible, but you actually have me MORE excited! I will be going to so many of the same restaurants as you, so I'm glad to see you loved them all.

Don't tell but you and your friend are making me wish I was going with a girlfriend instead of my husband! ;)

Thank you so much for the compliment! You made me smile! I hope you have a great trip, and I'm glad I could add to your excitement! Days leading up to mine, I read trip reports like crazy! It really helps to make the days go faster! Enjoy all the restaurants, I'm so jealous! I wish I could eat at a Disney restaurant whenever I wanted. It stinks to get a craving for something in Orlando, Florida when ya live so far away! Eat some for me :) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom