Trip Report 10 days goes too fast in Disney World! July Trip Report

So.. I debated back and forth on whether or not I should write a trip report! Bringing back all my Disney memories is bittersweet, I wish I was still there! However, I do not want to forget anything about my wonderful, amazing trip so here goes! Hope you enjoy :)

I went to Disney from July 14-23, got stuck in Orlando so we didn't really leave until the 24th, with my best friend. This is my fourth trip to Disney and this was her probably 14th, haha. We had never been on vacation together, but we are inseparable at home, so we knew we'd have no problems!! I'm an Ariel lover, Disney World obsessed fan, who comes on these forums WAY TOO MUCH :) My name's Nicole and the girl with the brown hair is my best friend! :) Her favorite princess is Aurora, and is pretty upset there isn't a sleeping beauty ride, or show, or really anything in Disney World! We had tons of plans, we wanted to do the cupcake challenge, where you eat a different cupcake everyday, we wanted to drink around the world, we had a ton of things on our must do lists. Disney here we come!

Day One:

Our flight to Disney was at 6:00 AM from Newark so we had to be at the airport around 4 AM! We TRIED to go to sleep early, but all our adrenaline and excitement made that impossible! Finally around 10 PM we fell asleep, and set our alarms for 3:15 AM to go to the airport. When my alarm went off, I was a little cranky and wondered why we picked such an early flight, but then the excitement of going to Disney World crept up, and I was fully awake.

imagejpg1_zps02b4467e.jpg

I'm the blonde!

Our flight there was super fast, and we arrived at 8:40 AM. We planned this right! We'd have a full day!! Off it was to find the magical express, did I mention, my friend and I are directionally challenged.
We went all the way downstairs and saw a bunch of Disney cruise buses only to find out we were on the wrong side of the airport, the magical express in on the B side just so everyone knows :) Back up the stairs and off to the other side we went.

We found the magical express area right away, and since it was early, it wasn't crowded at all! I remember when I went to Disney in November the lines being super long, but the lines were really short when we arrived! We hopped right on the bus, and we were off! Driving through the Walt Disney World sign gave me goosebumps, I could not believe I was really here! My level of excitement increased with each big purple sign with Mickey ears on top we passed.

imagejpg1_zpsee2f59b2.jpg

Stop one was Old Key West Resort, stop two was Saratoga Springs, and stop three was our new home, Port Orleans French Quarter! I had never stayed here before, but just seeing the signs saying "Welcome Home" made me all teary-eyed. I'm such a Disney sap.

We checked in immediately, there was no lines at all, and since I had done the online check in, our room was ready! We were in building 4, room 4309, near the bus stop and food court. We had a garden view, and the room was so pretty! We couldn't have asked for a better room!

We quickly unpacked our carry-ons since our luggage hadn't arrived yet, and then began exploring! We each packed all our headwear in our carry-ons, so for our very first day we decided to wear matching minnie-ears. While we unpacked, we watched Stacey! What kind of Disney trip is it if you don't watch her must dos! Unt pretzel, unt beer!

We walked along the Sassagoula River, checked out the pool area, and checked out the food court. This resort is BEAUTIFUL. It's small and easy to get around, and the landscapers were even the friendliest people. They offered to take our picture in front of the fountain. Thanks again!

After we made our way full circle around our resort, it was off to Magic Kingdom! It was around 1130 AM when we hopped on the first Disney bus to the parks! Hearing the themed music, where the horns are blaring to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom, made me instantly emotional! We put our key to world card up to the new Mickey turnstiles, watched Mickey light up green, and were inside! AHHHH!!!

We hurriedly picked up our photopass and continued on. That first walk down main street is still a blur in my mind. As soon as I saw that castle, I realized I was truly here, my happiest place on earth. The tears started welling up in my eyes, I could not believe it! After months of visiting these forums and looking at everyone's pictures, it was finally my turn! I was so happy and overwhelmed and then BAM the "move it, shake it, celebrate it" parade started going on. I swear it's like they were celebrating our arrival :) We both were laughing and dancing, and waving at every character that passed by. It was the best entrance I've ever had.

We couldn't decide what we wanted to do first, we had no plan! So we started wandering! We took as many photopass pictures and we could, and then decided to head to new fantasyland. We both had last visited in 2011, so we were excited! On the way, we saw a Tiana, and there wasn't a line, so we had to meet her right away! She was extremely nice, and really pretty!

New fantasyland did not live up to my expectations, I guess because the huge mine train is in the middle of everything. It kind of takes away from the whole immersive experience. I think I may have rathered they open everything up at once, instead of in stages. Don't get me wrong, all the detailing in this area of the park is one the reasons I love Disney World so much.. they truly go that extra mile.

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We waited to cross the river, no ferry for us today! We waved to the passerbys and waited for our raft to come ashore. The Liberty Belle is so incredibly beautiful! It reminds me of going down the shore. There's a boat like this in Point Pleasant Beach, where you can take a dinner cruise. This would be such a cool idea for Disney! It's so pretty! Reminds me of the good old days, the ones that existed before my time!
DSC06985_zpsfeab7d87.jpg

I absolutely love the water wheel in the back. Such a great touch. :)

Hopped aboard, Injun Joe.. standing room only! It was getting pretty hot, and it was nice to catch a breeze as we floated across the water. I don't know how the cast members drive these things! They have to bang them right up against the other dock. The driver would yell "Bump!" right as we got up close. It was kind of thrilling, LOL! In about one minute, we were there. Man that's a long ride!! :p

I've never been over here, so it was all new and exciting. I wouldn't say it's something I'll do every time I go to the park, but it was refreshing to get a break from the crowds and just enjoy the simple things. It was a nice change of pace.

It was like a nature trail in the Magic Kingdom! Such a nice little get away. We acted in our goofy ways, just relishing in the magic. Disney really does bring out the little kid in all of us. It was also kind of cooler over here, I guess because of all the shade. We were able to branch out, and not worry about crowds. If you ever need a break, go to Tom Sawyer's island!

We then went into this mine tunnel. It was really long and scary! We were walking for a while and then some guy started messing with us and did this really creepy laugh! We started running from him, and it just made him act out more! He was pretty funny. I can see children being frightened of this, I was afraid and I'm 25! It's dark in there!

Soon it was time to ride Splash Mountain, so we headed back to the dock. We had to wait a couple minutes for our lavish raft ride to return, but soon we were waving good-bye to Tom Sawyer and his island. Another new thing off my checklist! One day I will do everything I want, one day! I wanna stay at every resort, eat at every restaurant, and experience every attraction. OCD much? Yes, I know. :)

Bye Tom Sawyer!! ;)

DisSplash

Tom Sawyer Island looks pretty neat, and like you said, seems like a nice little breather from the park crowds. We've never done it either, but my DH wants to try it this year (first year with no strollers!). 1 week and we'll be there!! We cannot wait and your TR is getting me even more amped up about it!
I love the Crystal Palace too -- but this year I got an ADR for the Cinderella Breakfast in the Castle instead! I cannot wait to go inside that place!
Looking forward to your day 6-10!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Here we come Splash! Ah I love you, I could ride this ride over and over and over and over.. okay you get the point. I love the music and the themeing.. I wish I could someday see Song of the South. I heard you can sometimes buy the movie on ebay.. guess I will have to check. Again we kept our eyes open for the broken chicken, but we never succeeded. I think whoever posted that was just messing with me! It was a nice change of pace to actually enjoy the ride this time, last time we were running late for Be Our Guest! We took in all the sights and sounds, they did an AWESOME job on this refurbishment. If they keep refurbishing everything to it's original glory, I will be one happy girl. Splash Mountain is now good, now go to Everest and fix that yeti! I miss that yeti!!
DSC07005_zpsda546e01.jpg

I love the last chance to exit sign.. it's really hypes up what's to come! I enjoy when your on the log with people who have never ridden before and they have no idea where the drop is. I love all log flumes, but Splash could never be put in that category. It's so much more!

We got the first row again, I was thrilled. My friend, not so much! Here we are waiting for our log to come!

And we're off!

I love taking pictures on the rides. I wish I was brave enough to video, but I haven't come that far yet. Maybe one day when I have a better camera!

We experienced a bit of a back up this go around, log bumper cars! It always gets really nerve-wrecking at these points, how does the next log know when to go? What if we go down the hill too early?! OH the insanity!!

Are all you chickens working? Yes, yes you are. My favorite scene of the ride :)

Have a Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Day!! Guess I should have gotten the next sign. Whoops!!

Here we are, braving that front row! Love the guy biting his nails. LOL

Got off Splash and rode Big Thunder Mountain.. I wish there was a picture on this! It really is the wildest ride in the wilderness, that thing whips you around! We then wandered out way to the Haunted Mansion, stopping here and there when we wanted! It's nice to just go with the flow, and go where the day takes you! People usually are so rushed on their Disney vacation, sometimes it's nice to go at a more relaxed pace. Next time I go, I will have a few day where I have no ADRs, because this kind of messing with trying to be spontaneous!

Oh no there it is! Help me I'm scared!! The ghosts are out to get me!

I love the CMs outfits for the haunted mansion, they might be one of my favorites. I also love how in character they are! They may tie with Tower of Terror attraction CMs. Both are great and really add to the whole experience.

Yay!! I got a picture with nobody in it! This was a tough feat for me. Mission accomplished! :)

We took the graveyard route, I don't know if it wasn't open in November 2011 or if I just didn't realize it was, but I wanted to see what it was about! I like that they are adding more interactive queues, it doesn't feel like you are even waiting in line! Time goes faster and you are occupied. Good job, Disney. I definitley think they should add more interactive queues to popular attractions. I keep hearing Peter Pan is next on the list, and that would be a much needed addition. That line is always astronomically long!

I love twins, grew up obsessing over Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, so my friend made sure to snap a pic of me with these twins! Hopefully one day I'll be blessed with my very own twins! But that's farrrrrrrr down the road. I still consider myself a kid for now. :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Continued through the haunted mansion queue, took a lot of pictures! If you get a chance to go through, I'd do it! It was fun! And not just for little kids, for big kids too! :)

Here's a view from line!
DSC07031_zps9f7af416.jpg

You can touch the different instruments, and it will make music. Pretty neat if you ask me! Of course I had to touch every one!

Such good photo ops in the queue!

This doesn't look like a good way to go!

I love reading the tombstones, they are interesting. So creative.

Rode the haunted mansion, it was longer than I remembered! My favorite is at the end when the hitchhiking ghosts ride with you! I also love the Victorian ballroom scene, with the ghosts dancing and twirling in circles, it's so visually pleasing! I could watch that scene for hours. If I'm ever a ghost, I'll go join them dancing. Had no real plans after, so we decided to walk towards the castle. We were thinking of heading over to Tomorrowland, we still had yet to make it to that section of the park!

We got sidetracked, because we found the meet and greet for Merida! I loved the movie brave, and I love the concept of the tomboy princess.. we had to meet her! Plus, we were on a mission to meet every Disney princess! Another one down!

Her meet and greet is very well themed. I think this used to be where the old story time with Belle was, when she would just come read a story to you in her blue dress. It was decorated just like the film. I loved it! They had a section where little kids could shoot a bow and arrow, a CM would show them how and then they got a turn. I wish I could have had a turn. :( Haha guess we can't always get what we want!

She was super sweet, I think she was just glad to be able to talk to "adults", instead of little kids for a change. I think we were the only older people in that line! She loved my tiara, and complimented my friend's minnie ears and bow. She told us that she should have given her mother a bow when she got turned into a bear; she said she probably wouldn't have been as grouchy. I love when they get into conversation with you. Even though I know Merida is not a real person, it's nice to get into the story with them and pretend. It's kind how I feel about Santa Claus. I still want to believe!

She spoke just like Merida. It's amazing how they get all the details just right. I loved her voice! I could have listened to her talk for hours.

Left Merida, and decided I was hungry. I know I had an all you can eat breakfast buffet hours before, but I worked up an appetite with all that excitement! We headed back to New Fantasyland..

I got a pork shank from Gaston's Tavern and a Lefou's brew again. This drink is totally refreshing in the heat! The pork shank was good.. I just wanted some mashed potatoes or something on the side. I love my carbs, lol. It was a lot of meat, but it was really good! I guess you just have to really be in the mood for straight up meat! We waited around to see if Gaston would come out, we really wanted to meet him!

Gaston never came out so we went into Bonjour! Village gifts to do some shopping. I asked the CM working if Gaston was expected any time soon, and he told me he was off hunting today. This is what I love about Disney. Even the cashiers are in on the story. Gaston is simply not off, he's off hunting. Ahh the magic, I can't even! Guess we'd have to come back here again! We had to find Gaston one day! Oh, and I finally found my cuddly friend. :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Next up was the teacups! I was nervous since I just ate a pork shank, but it turned out to be fine! We had to wait about 10 minutes for our cup to be ready, but soon it was our turn to spin away! I didn't notice anything new at this ride, guess the refurb was just for the mechanical stuff. This ride is a classic, and I like just sitting and letting whoever you ride with do the spinning!

DSC07047_zps5653093e.jpg

I was laughing my head off, it was so fun! Don't ever be afraid to try any attraction, sometimes the ones you least expect give you the greatest amount of joy. I loved the teacups! Whirling around the magic kingdom, what could be better?!

Walked over to Tomorrowland and watched the laugh floor... it was funny as usual! My friend and I must have been the only ones to send in jokes because they used them both one right after another! My joke was where do baby ghosts go when their parents go to work? They go to dayscare. HAHAHA.. corny I know! The audience thought so as well LOL. I love that show. "That guy" was so funny. Unfortunately, we didn't get on the screen at all! Oh well maybe next time!

Next we rode Stitch, and it was legit us and a Brazilian tour group. I know that ride isn't the greatest as is, but they screamed THE WHOLE TIME! You really couldn't hear anything! It was dark and I had no idea what part of the attraction we had made it to so I started freaking out a little as well! I was screaming along with them. They also don't know how to walk all the way to the end of the aisle, filling in all available seating. The CMs were really annoyed, but they always handle things so well! We tried to sit off to side, but it was a little impossible. If it was a better attraction, I would have been upset, but since it was just Stitch I didn't mind too much! Note to self, when a whole tour group goes together, wait for the next one.

It started drizzling at this point, and we both were pretty beat, we decided to head back home to POFQ. We had dinner reservations in a few hours at the Polynesian but my stomach was still a little bit hungry, and I didn't think I could last.

Tried my first hotdog in the world from Casey's!

I order a chili cheese dog, and while it was a little pricey, it was BIG. And it was GOOD. So glad I made the decision to get it! You only regret what you didn't do... remember that!

After my savory pre-dinner meal.. wow I eat alot.. it was off to the bus stop! And I brought my new cuddly friend....

..The beast! I love him! And ever since we had dinner at his beautiful castle, and he came out and bowed, I was in love. I finally had someone to share my bed with at night. Muhaha! The couple behind me in the picture were so cute! Look at the man laughing! My friend kept saying how she hated that I bought the beast out of all the stuffed animals! I kept arguing that he was adorable and the little man behind me agreed! He had an Irish accent and to hear him talk about how he found the beast to be quite handsome just made my day! I love making friends in the world!

Another exciting day in the Magic Kingdom was coming to a close, but the day was not over yet! We had ADRs at Kona in the Polynesian, a new place for both of us! We went to rest our tired feet before we continued on our adventures.

:)

pumpkin7

Next up was the teacups! I was nervous since I just ate a pork shank, but it turned out to be fine! We had to wait about 10 minutes for our cup to be ready, but soon it was our turn to spin away! I didn't notice anything new at this ride, guess the refurb was just for the mechanical stuff. This ride is a classic, and I like just sitting and letting whoever you ride with do the spinning!

DSC07047_zps5653093e.jpg

I was laughing my head off, it was so fun! Don't ever be afraid to try any attraction, sometimes the ones you least expect give you the greatest amount of joy. I loved the teacups! Whirling around the magic kingdom, what could be better?!

Walked over to Tomorrowland and watched the laugh floor... it was funny as usual! My friend and I must have been the only ones to send in jokes because they used them both one right after another! My joke was where do baby ghosts go when their parents go to work? They go to dayscare. HAHAHA.. corny I know! The audience thought so as well LOL. I love that show. "That guy" was so funny. Unfortunately, we didn't get on the screen at all! Oh well maybe next time!

Next we rode Stitch, and it was legit us and a Brazilian tour group. I know that ride isn't the greatest as is, but they screamed THE WHOLE TIME! You really couldn't hear anything! It was dark and I had no idea what part of the attraction we had made it to so I started freaking out a little as well! I was screaming along with them. They also don't know how to walk all the way to the end of the aisle, filling in all available seating. The CMs were really annoyed, but they always handle things so well! We tried to sit off to side, but it was a little impossible. If it was a better attraction, I would have been upset, but since it was just Stitch I didn't mind too much! Note to self, when a whole tour group goes together, wait for the next one.

It started drizzling at this point, and we both were pretty beat, we decided to head back home to POFQ. We had dinner reservations in a few hours at the Polynesian but my stomach was still a little bit hungry, and I didn't think I could last.

Tried my first hotdog in the world from Casey's!

I order a chili cheese dog, and while it was a little pricey, it was BIG. And it was GOOD. So glad I made the decision to get it! You only regret what you didn't do... remember that!

After my savory pre-dinner meal.. wow I eat alot.. it was off to the bus stop! And I brought my new cuddly friend....

..The beast! I love him! And ever since we had dinner at his beautiful castle, and he came out and bowed, I was in love. I finally had someone to share my bed with at night. Muhaha! The couple behind me in the picture were so cute! Look at the man laughing! My friend kept saying how she hated that I bought the beast out of all the stuffed animals! I kept arguing that he was adorable and the little man behind me agreed! He had an Irish accent and to hear him talk about how he found the beast to be quite handsome just made my day! I love making friends in the world!

Another exciting day in the Magic Kingdom was coming to a close, but the day was not over yet! We had ADRs at Kona in the Polynesian, a new place for both of us! We went to rest our tired feet before we continued on our adventures.

:)

OMG Beast! My hubby has bought the same one from the UK Disney Store for an anniversary gift! Ahhh I love himmmm!!

Mollie_Minnie

Disney really is a magical place!! I wish I had a sister!! I'm so jealous!! Lol

You may not have a sister but you have a great friend to share your magical moments with! :) Love all your headwear! Last year I had brought a lot of headbands with me and got lot of compliments about them throughout the trip. I had one with a diamond starfish and all the princesses really liked this one, especially Ariel! At akershus restaurant, Ariel wanted to trade her headwear wih mine, it was quite funny!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
You may not have a sister but you have a great friend to share your magical moments with! :) Love all your headwear! Last year I had brought a lot of headbands with me and got lot of compliments about them throughout the trip. I had one with a diamond starfish and all the princesses really liked this one, especially Ariel! At akershus restaurant, Ariel wanted to trade her headwear wih mine, it was quite funny!

Ahhh do you have a picture?? That sounds really pretty!! Ariel's my fave!!

janelove956

We waited to cross the river, no ferry for us today! We waved to the passerbys and waited for our raft to come ashore. The Liberty Belle is so incredibly beautiful! It reminds me of going down the shore. There's a boat like this in Point Pleasant Beach, where you can take a dinner cruise. This would be such a cool idea for Disney! It's so pretty! Reminds me of the good old days, the ones that existed before my time!
DSC06985_zpsfeab7d87.jpg

I absolutely love the water wheel in the back. Such a great touch. :)

Hopped aboard, Injun Joe.. standing room only! It was getting pretty hot, and it was nice to catch a breeze as we floated across the water. I don't know how the cast members drive these things! They have to bang them right up against the other dock. The driver would yell "Bump!" right as we got up close. It was kind of thrilling, LOL! In about one minute, we were there. Man that's a long ride!! :p

I've never been over here, so it was all new and exciting. I wouldn't say it's something I'll do every time I go to the park, but it was refreshing to get a break from the crowds and just enjoy the simple things. It was a nice change of pace.

It was like a nature trail in the Magic Kingdom! Such a nice little get away. We acted in our goofy ways, just relishing in the magic. Disney really does bring out the little kid in all of us. It was also kind of cooler over here, I guess because of all the shade. We were able to branch out, and not worry about crowds. If you ever need a break, go to Tom Sawyer's island!

We then went into this mine tunnel. It was really long and scary! We were walking for a while and then some guy started messing with us and did this really creepy laugh! We started running from him, and it just made him act out more! He was pretty funny. I can see children being frightened of this, I was afraid and I'm 25! It's dark in there!

Soon it was time to ride Splash Mountain, so we headed back to the dock. We had to wait a couple minutes for our lavish raft ride to return, but soon we were waving good-bye to Tom Sawyer and his island. Another new thing off my checklist! One day I will do everything I want, one day! I wanna stay at every resort, eat at every restaurant, and experience every attraction. OCD much? Yes, I know. :)

Bye Tom Sawyer!! ;)
Lol I totally have the same dream of staying at every place, experiencing every restaurant, show, etc :)

jenluvswdw

Loving your report!!! You girls are awesome! I like how you pick the head piece and outfit to go with the park for the day. Great idea! Can't wait for more, especially Kona. My DH and I have a date there for our next visit in a few days. Hope it is good. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom