10 Day Check-In

disneycouple07

We have 10 days until checking into our deluxe resort. I'm undecided whether or not to do the check-in process online. What should I do? Any pros/cons?

Yellow Shoes

When you check in online you get to the resort and you packet with resort maps, DVC ads, etc is waiting for you. right?

Is your room already assigned, or does the CM do that part?

I have put my requests into my reservation, but really want a "lesser" room than we paid for. (we paid extra for bunks and don't want 'em.) I think human interaction might help.

Upvote 0

todpatcam

We've booked a preferred room at CBR for the first of Oct 2010.
  • If we use the on-line check-in will that affect the preferred building?
  • Are there better preferred buildings that we should ask for?
  • Last question; can you ask for a building at check-in if you've already checked in online?
Thanks. :shrug:

Upvote 0

norhel

Howdy all! :)

A couple of questions from a first time visitor.
At online check in, what info are you required to give them?
And if you don't check in online, do you have to give the same info when checking in at the hotel? Do you save any time? And do you have the choice to choose a specific room etc?

Thanx!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Howdy all! :)

A couple of questions from a first time visitor.
At online check in, what info are you required to give them?
And if you don't check in online, do you have to give the same info when checking in at the hotel? Do you save any time? And do you have the choice to choose a specific room etc?

Thanx!
First of all if you are a first time visitor to Walt Disney World DO NOT use online check in.

The information you give at online check in is the same as a regular check in. (name, address, credit card number) You can save time but it is not a guarantee. You room assignment is just that, an assignment. They do not give you a choice of where you want to be at check in. You can request a a particular room, section, etc but it is not guaranteed.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
May I ask why I shouldn't do online check in as a first time visitor?
When you do a standard check in the cast member will go over everything in your package which is extensive. They will explain how your key to the world card works, the Disney dining plan (if you have it), resort entitlements, schedules, extra magic hours, etc. You will also have the opportunity to have the cast member answer any questions you might have.

When you do online check in you are handed a folder with your stuff in it and sent on your way.

Upvote 0

G-bone

Just like someone else asked, I made my reservation months ago and just called and had them put my building request on my reservation. I guess my question is will the chances of my building request be better or the same from doing online check in or regular?

Upvote 0

2princesses

We are seasoned WDW visitors, but this will be our first visit as DVC members, do you think we should just do the standard check in? I was thinking we were just going to do the online check in but it just occurred to me that maybe there would be info we need to address being this is our first DVC trip?

Upvote 0

Scooter

My wife and I like to stay in a particular section of The Polynesian Resort when we stay there so we DO NOT use online check-in. We actually prefer a ground floor room near the Ticket and Transportation Center so when we check in, and they want give us a room somewhere else we discuss our needs and requests and usually end up with a room near where we want to be.

I'm not sure you can do this with online check in. Your room is assigned to you cut and dry and that's that.

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

We are seasoned WDW visitors, but this will be our first visit as DVC members, do you think we should just do the standard check in? I was thinking we were just going to do the online check in but it just occurred to me that maybe there would be info we need to address being this is our first DVC trip?

We used standard check in on our first DVC trip and found it helpful. You can review with them the basics (ie when your room gets serviced, trash and what to do if you need more products) and ask any questions you may have. We love DVC and I hope you enjoy your first trip as DVC members!! Where are you staying? (if you don't mind my asking:))

Upvote 0

2princesses

We used standard check in on our first DVC trip and found it helpful. You can review with them the basics (ie when your room gets serviced, trash and what to do if you need more products) and ask any questions you may have. We love DVC and I hope you enjoy your first trip as DVC members!! Where are you staying? (if you don't mind my asking:))

We are staying at the Boardwalk!!! (of course I don't mind you asking) 25 days and counting....I'm so excited I can not wait! It's a surprise trip for our two daughters (2 and 6) we have been thinking DVC is the way to go for some time so we finally made the purchase! Glad to hear you love DVC!

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

That sounds wonderful...oh my gosh your daughters are going to be soooo surprised! I love the Boardwalk, it is in such a great location and the rooms are beautiful! Enjoy :wave:

Upvote 0

jsteph

So my family and I have to Disney a few times over the last 5 years and this is the first time we are staying on property, not including SoG which I think is handled a little differently.

Anyway, we leave in 11 days, we will be staying close to Orlando the night before we check in and was thinking of getting there around 8 am. So we could go ahead and go to the park.

Should we use the online check in or not? We did request building 14 or 15 at POR, since our daughter has a mild form of CP.

We are not counting on our room being ready, but we would also not like to lose the first day to waiting for it to be ready before hitting the park either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

So my family and I have to Disney a few times over the last 5 years and this is the first time we are staying on property, not including SoG which I think is handled a little differently.

Anyway, we leave in 11 days, we will be staying close to Orlando the night before we check in and was thinking of getting there around 8 am. So we could go ahead and go to the park.

Should we use the online check in or not? We did request building 14 or 15 at POR, since our daughter has a mild form of CP.

We are not counting on our room being ready, but we would also not like to lose the first day to waiting for it to be ready before hitting the park either.

Thanks.

Sure, definitely use it! We do it all the time. Basically, you go to the counter and they'll give you your packet and you'll be on your way. Most likely the room won't be ready, but who cares? :lol: Go and have fun and they'll call you when your room is ready.
But, if its your first time staying on property you may want to just check in there do so they can explain some things to you.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Thanks.
No. If this is your first time on property there will be several things in your packet that you have never seen before and you will want to have someone go over it with you to avoid any confusion. While online check in does seem to increase the chances of your room being ready it is not a guarantee. If your room is not ready Disney will store your luggage for you and you can head straight to the parks.

Upvote 0

firekymmie

We have been to Disney 6 times since 2007... I will not use online anymore. For several reasons. When you use standard check in you have more interaction with requests. The last 2 times I used online, we had to wait and one time we were actually put in a king bedroom with 4 people and never got the prefered room we paid for. Than they never bothered to tell me we recieved a creidt for that until i saw my check out papers.of course this could have been normal for AS sports i dont know I will never stay there again. Plus i will put a request in while booking and see where I get... sort of part of the adventure now...:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom