10/1 40th Anniversary Plans?

WDWFigment

Also, for anyone who is not a D23 member, spend the $15 this month and pick up the issue at Barnes & Noble. You won't be sorry!

boufa

Meg's going to lead a mob through the park carrying torches, burning the place down.

"You want WDW in the news? I'll get it in the news! 40 years was long enough!"

I thought that maybe the mob would go from place to place fixing lightbulbs.

Slugger

I heard 2 rumors about the Magic Kingdom for the 40th.. I have no idea if they are true or not, but I would love for atleast one of them to be true.

The first rumor was that they will give out new nametags to CMs. I would love a new nametag to be able to wear.

The second rumor was that all the original attractions from 1971 that are still there will go back and use retro costumes. I would love to see this happen since I would be able to wear a retro costume, but I doubt that it will happen.

The first one seems more plausible than the second though.

We'll be there on the 1st too, eating breakfast in the castle! :sohappy: I am hoping that with food and wine and the marathon, that the MK won't be extremely crowded! Wishful thinking, I know...

Kamikaze

Yeah, likely just a small ceremony.
I'll be there with the WDW Celebrations thing and plan to eat a special 40th anniversary Dole Whip on 10/1.:slurp:

Maybe I'll go and ask everyone who buys a Dole Whip that day if they are Lee.

ISTCrew20

There is more pressure for a MK 40th celebration than there was for an Epcot 25th, and even that ended up with some very fine day-of celebrations.

At the very least, I am expecting a re-dedication and a special fireworks display that night.

tikiman

Tikiman, any idea what the Poly celebration will involve? And what time of day it might occur? We'll be there as resort guests and may modify our touring plans to return to the Poly earlier on 10/1.

Thanks!

I was contacted at the beginning of the year to see if I could find people that have been going since the beginning or who were there opening day. Officially the Polynesian’s opening ceremony was on the 24th and they sometimes do something on that day but they are planning something for the 1st, but they won’t tell me much more. Someone there mentioned something about bringing in dancers and stuff so I plan on hanging out all day at the resort to see what happens. I would guess it would be sometime midday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom