News “Zootopia” is being created for the Tree of Life theater

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A new show based on “Zootopia” is being created for the Tree of Life theater at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

The current concept for the new “Zootopia” experience has guests visiting the different biomes you only glimpse in the film, traveling along with Judy Hopps, Nick Wilde and other characters.

etc98

I’d much rather they replace its tough to be a bug with Zootopia than putting it in Dino Land, I’d say this is a win.

Also happy that it seems to focus on the different biomes.

Interested to see how they get us from the roots of the tree of life into the world of Zootopia though, that might be a weird transition

SteamboatJoe

Can we at least get DCA's old Bug's Land where Chester and Hester is in exchange for this? I know the attractions were really basic but that was sort of the point of it. It was also very green and lush.

EDIT: Well....scrap that idea. Encanto and Indy it is I guess.

Last edited:

DisneyOutsider

If they're going to insist on Zootopia in AK, this is probably the best-case scenario in minimizing its effect on the park as a whole.

On the other hand, it's also close the cheapest possible option. Waiting to see if they actually have the guts to greenlight expansions in the face of falling stock prices and shrinking attendance.

doctornick

I think ITTBAB is the best 4D experience Disney has (so much fun watching newbies experience it) and was perfect for DAK for an IP based attraction… but this doesn’t sound bad. Seems like a pretty appropriate use of Zootopia for DAK if you had to do so and it’s hard for me to argue about “changing up” film based attractions periodically for freshness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom