News “Zootopia” is being created for the Tree of Life theater

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
I wonder if the 'stinging' effect from Bugs Life will remain. They can work a bug/bee into the concert right?
ak_bug.jpg

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Honestly, from a park ops perspective, bringing in more experiences that kids enjoy makes sense for AK. While there are a lot of animals, there aren't many attractions for kids, and even the ones that they can do aren't really geared for them (they're more appropriate for them).

I mourn for the loss of bug representation and what I felt was a slickly-produced show, but at the very least this will be a capacity boost for the park and address a hole, rounding out its line-up in away ITTBAB just couldn't.

aladdin2007

Honestly, from a park ops perspective, bringing in more experiences that kids enjoy makes sense for AK. While there are a lot of animals, there aren't many attractions for kids, and even the ones that they can do aren't really geared for them (they're more appropriate for them).

I mourn for the loss of bug representation and what I felt was a slickly-produced show, but at the very least this will be a capacity boost for the park and address a hole, rounding out its line-up in away ITTBAB just couldn't.
I always thought the park could have used the bugs land thing from cali,,,,it would have made a nice little pocket for kids and families to enjoy.

eddie104

I think this is going to be a decent replacement(crossing fingers) that’s updated for the younger generation.

All I’m asking for is a new animatronic to replace hopper.

Purduevian

This is only a capacity boost if it’s a significantly shorter show.
It would not be a theoretical capacity boost. However, if the show actually starts filling up regularly, it should be an actual capacity boost. Much like the new Country Bears.

On another note, I wonder if Dinosuar (the ride not the whole land) is safe until this opens.

lazyboy97o

It would not be a theoretical capacity boost. However, if the show actually starts filling up regularly, it should be an actual capacity boost. Much like the new Country Bears.

On another note, I wonder if Dinosuar (the ride not the whole land) is safe until this opens.
Capacity is how much something can hold. The capacity of your mug doesn’t decrease because you drank some of your coffee.

Bocabear

Adding in the small Bugsland rides for the youngest of guests would not be a bad idea...but I guess now that Zootopia is evicting them from the theater, they will probably just go away from the park forever.... I feel like the walking trails and Safari...the actual focus of the park is for little kids as well as any age... so there are things for kids to do... Pandora Boat ride is fine for little ones...and the new carousel in the Tropical Americas land will be good... Shame they could not fine room for a small area of kiddy rides... Like the new Tinkerbell thing at Fantasy Springs and the old Bugsland rides... Adding that would please all the people that are always complaining there is nothing for the toddlers....Without costing hundreds of millions of dollars....

Dear Prudence

A new show based on “Zootopia” is being created for the Tree of Life theater at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

The current concept for the new “Zootopia” experience has guests visiting the different biomes you only glimpse in the film, traveling along with Judy Hopps, Nick Wilde and other characters.
No. ☹️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom