Trip Report “Are we outside?” A Disneyland report COMPLETED

The Disney blues have officially set in however we had the best time and made the best memories.

Who: ME! Hubby, Paca, Grandma, Bear, Nene, Jet and Handsome.

Where: Disneyland Hotel
When: Oct 11 to Oct 18
Why: Handsome’s 4th birthday

John park hopper

We left Adventureland behind and headed over to Fantasyland. The teacups were up first. Our trip to WDW the girls hubby and I could all fit in one cup. Not anymore:cry:. Of course the girls wanted their big strong daddy to spin them like crazy 😍.
View attachment 420801
View attachment 420805

The little man and I had a spin of our own. He giggled like mad.
View attachment 420806View attachment 420809
Bear loves Alice in Wonderland. On our first Disneyland trip this ride was being refurbed and she was only 18 months so I didn’t know she would love her so. I’m not going to lie I think this ride is odd but then again so is Alice in Wonderland. View attachment 420812
I see the Tooth Fairy has been busy at your house. My 2 granddaughters are missing teeth also

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I had read before we left that you are not allowed to wield the lightsabers in the park. I knew Handsome was itching to tour GE lightsaber in hand. So we did what any good parents do....

We let him carry it around until he bumped into a storm trooper and a castmember told him to put it away😂.

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
It was time to reunite with girlies so we headed to the Matterhorn. When we arrived Paca and Nene were waiting with a castmember. Nene had left her donut ears on the ride and she was hoping to find them. They were gone.:(.

Text heavy here as I took no pictures. We were all dragging so I said “Let’s hop on the monorail and save our legs.”. We waited 30 minutes in the sun. Handsome was tired so I was holding him. He twirls my hair to fall asleep. He reached up to twirl my hair and knocked my Minnie ears into the Nemo Submarine lagoon below. A patient cast member used an extended claw and fished them out for us. :).
We swam and rested at the Disneyland Hotel for about 2 hours.

amjt660

Premium Member
We had a similar mono rail experience ( probably about 10years ago) where it was going to “save us time and energy” getting back to the DLH
Never again!

Max

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay. My mom fell and broke her hip and wrist so it has been crazy.

We decided to try Naples for dinner. We put our name in about 4:30 and checked out nearby merchandise while we waited. I told the kids this was “looking” shopping only. I only had to say it 15,000,004 times. I give them credit for persistence.

5:00 on the dot our table was ready. We ate upstairs and the whole place was empty.
74F461C1-DE8D-466F-BA78-B17FB7A55111.jpeg
Handsome had fallen asleep while shopping. He’s just like his Dad😂. We ordered way too much pizza!!! I wish I had a picture because I have never seen so much pepperoni on a pizza! My kids love pepperoni but they were making piled up platefuls.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
By the time we finished up is was 6:00pm. All afternoon I had been stacking up fast passes our whole evening was laid out with each fastpass 20 minutes apart. Our first one Guardians on the Galaxy started at 6:20. We entered the park and checked in by 6:25. This was a first for all of us!!! Our kids love Guardians and the hubs and I love anything Marvel. We were so excited.
EF3F9BC8-535E-4359-9BE7-B65F60C19549.jpeg
91C0B657-91EF-40A5-97B6-9AA297C47C71.jpeg
732D5159-184D-4C5E-979A-F21BB77167AF.jpeg
16AFCD38-C19C-453B-8B89-D092ED15DD29.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Our next fastpass was Incredicoaster. Handsome wasn’t tall enough for this one so he rode The Little Mermaid ride with Grandma and Paca. I asked my Ariel loving Jet if she wanted to ride before the Incredicoaster and she said no:cry:.Bear and Nene have a need for speed and Jet had been talking for weeks about going upside down on a roller coaster. To say they were excited was an understatement.
7670E4C2-5E5B-4FEB-A685-1EE34EAC96B7.jpeg
203B0C61-1FD0-4E0F-A55B-FA7BD2A31123.jpeg
AD6A6679-9A96-4477-9ECA-124B7DDEF738.jpeg

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We met back up with Handsome and the grandparents. Handsome was so excited he had the best time and wanted to ride The Little Mermaid with me. The wait was about 30 minutes and we only had 10 minutes left in our Radiator Springs fastpass so I promised buddy tomorrow and we made our way to Carsland.
B12A0202-FE4C-4DA7-8EC9-638B1D0171F8.jpeg

BAF3B1BE-05CC-4105-90DB-E874D0B677B3.jpeg
39428589-40EA-43EC-ABC7-1B8A26B5EAD8.jpeg

Handsome was so excited he was riding in “ Lightning McQueen”.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
It was 8:30pm on a Disney day and we had not had ice cream yet. This has to be corrected ASAP. Am I right @Longers ? We made a stop at Clarabelle’s for the make your own ice cream bars. We are all pretty boring and did chocolate on chocolate with chocolate sprinkles. No pictures of the ice cream. Just the aftermath.
B8B3E174-CD9F-41DE-AE9B-8F358421E9DB.jpeg

After our treat we decided we that we were all pretty tired. We had walked 20,000+ steps andI had been up since 2am. We rode 15 rides, made a lightsaber and had a pool break so day 1 felt successful. When we got back to the room all the kids wanted to sleep in our room so we were snuggled up tight. I placed our Prime order and passed out.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Clarabelle’s might be my favorite theme park ice cream place ever! And Handsome looks like he enjoyed his chocolate on chocolate as much as I did (way back in 2013)!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Sunday October 13th
I woke up around 4:30am better than the night before. I laid in bed for about 30 minutes and then got up and showered for the day. It was close to 6 by the time everyone else woke up. I had already packed our park bags and laid everyone’s clothes out so we were ready to head out by 6:30. We ordered our coffees and headed out. We arrived at Starbucks and it wasn’t ready. Hubs said for the rest of us to keep walking and get in line him and Jet would catch up.
C33FF2ED-67DD-47B1-A8EF-61CDC5AE52AC.jpeg

Just the way I like my coffee. Delivered 😂.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom