“A Hive of Miserable Bas***ds:” Potential DLR Marvel Meet-Up

smooch

Alright Hive, we have an official date for the opening of Avengers Campus (July 18th). Depending on the situation of the coronavirus, I would still be down to get our group together for our miserable meet-up!

Is August still okay as a target month?

August is still a good target month for me! That is if Disneyland will be open then...

smooch

First half of August will be tough, but after August 15 I'd be good.

Darn, the first two weeks would be a lot easier for me but I could possibly do the rest of the month. It just depends on hearing back on my DCP application still and if so when my arrival day would be. Too bad it's taking so long to hear back :(

It just depends how the majority of people's dates line up!

No Name

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just had an idea for if or when you folks eventually meet up.

You could each introduce yourselves by only your real names, and then inevitably spend the day trying to figure out which person is which wdwmagic member. At the end of the day, everyone guesses who is who and then comes the big reveal! It’s funny in my head at least.

mickEblu

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just had an idea for if or when you folks eventually meet up.

You could each introduce yourselves by only your real names, and then inevitably spend the day trying to figure out which person is which wdwmagic member. At the end of the day, everyone guesses who is who and then comes the big reveal! It’s funny in my head at least.

Lol. Awesome idea.

So you re not coming ?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

Sadly that won't quite work for me.

(I gotta pick better usernames)

mickEblu

To be totally honest, I’m intrigued by meeting up some of the folks on here but at the same time it’s kind of weird to me. I’ve never met up a stranger before. Except for that blind date that one time. Not that any of you are strangers in the true sense of the word. I have deeper conversations here than some people in my real life but then again I know what they look and sound like. Anyway, I think it would be kind of fascinating to meet some of you all in person and it could end up being a great day at the park and much different than trips with my family and friends. In a way, it would kind of be like walking around the parks with clones of myself. With that said, I have a hard time imagining myself saying “see ya hunny, bye kids, I’m going to Disneyland to meet up those people I talk to online.” I think I still I’ve in the old world where there was a stigma with these things. For example when I was younger, you were kind of viewed as desperate if you had to go online to find a mate. Nobody wanted to be caught dead on eharmony. lol

But ya, it would I be really interesting to see if the same people we get along with here are the same we would click with in person or if some other qualities of seeing real live people would shine through and throw all of that off. It could be some sort of wonderful psychology experiment.

BrianLo

I'd be incredibly difficult to identify if I told you my real name... :p

I would certainly be interested in this if the dates were feasible (and it was legitimately safe to travel). Depends how late you guys are pushing this out for. I do want to make a weekend run at DLR since basically everything else isn't happening.

smooch

To be totally honest, I’m intrigued by meeting up some of the folks on here but at the same time it’s kind of weird to me. I’ve never met up a stranger before. Except for that blind date that one time. Not that any of you are strangers in the true sense of the word. I have deeper conversations here than some people in my real life but then again I know what they look and sound like. Anyway, I think it would be kind of fascinating to meet some of you all in person and it could end up being a great day at the park and much different than trips with my family and friends. In a way, it would kind of be like walking around the parks with clones of myself. With that said, I have a hard time imagining myself saying “see ya hunny, bye kids, I’m going to Disneyland to meet up those people I talk to online.” I think I still I’ve in the old world where there was a stigma with these things. For example when I was younger, you were kind of viewed as desperate if you had to go online to find a mate. Nobody wanted to be caught dead on eharmony. lol

But ya, it would I be really interesting to see if the same people we get along with here are the same we would click with in person or if some other qualities of seeing real live people would shine through and throw all of that off. It could be some sort of wonderful psychology experiment.

I met up with 3 friends out of a group of 4 from an online Disney game remake I started playing my freshman year of high school, so about 7 years now. 2 I met up with in my sophomore year while I went to Disneyland with a real life friend because they are locals so we met in the park briefly and it was a weird experience because we both had friends with us that weren't form the group so all those extra people were just there awkwardly, but it was very fun to meet up for a bit. Last year on my trip to WDW I met up with another friend from that group who was doing her college program at the time and we met after her shift and watched Happily Ever After! and then went on Space Mountain after and it was just us and it was really really cool. It's kinda a weird feeling seeing someone you've known for years and have been close with walking up to you in person for the first time, after the initial "this is weird, they're a real person" feeling wore off it was really natural and fun, cause we have been good friends for years so it felt like seeing a friend again for the first time in a long time even though it was the first time. This would definitely be different as nobody really knows what anyone here looks like, but I feel like it could be an equally as fun experience. Also I vote we add "A Wonderful Psychology Experiment" to the shirts somewhere 🤣

mickEblu

I met up with 3 friends out of a group of 4 from an online Disney game remake I started playing my freshman year of high school, so about 7 years now. 2 I met up with in my sophomore year while I went to Disneyland with a real life friend because they are locals so we met in the park briefly and it was a weird experience because we both had friends with us that weren't form the group so all those extra people were just there awkwardly, but it was very fun to meet up for a bit. Last year on my trip to WDW I met up with another friend from that group who was doing her college program at the time and we met after her shift and watched Happily Ever After! and then went on Space Mountain after and it was just us and it was really really cool. It's kinda a weird feeling seeing someone you've known for years and have been close with walking up to you in person for the first time, after the initial "this is weird, they're a real person" feeling wore off it was really natural and fun, cause we have been good friends for years so it felt like seeing a friend again for the first time in a long time even though it was the first time. This would definitely be different as nobody really knows what anyone here looks like, but I feel like it could be an equally as fun experience. Also I vote we add "A Wonderful Psychology Experiment" to the shirts somewhere 🤣

Lol shoot. Now I’m torn do we do “hive of miserable bastards” or “ a wonderful psychology experiment?”

One on the front, one on the back ?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Would you be more interested in meeting up for lunch first? Maybe to break the ice?

I’ve met up with several people from here and I’m still friends with all of them. It’s fun to see how they are in person vs online.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom