News ‘Rivers of Light: We Are One’ coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom summer 2019

seascape

The live actors added a nice something for those who noticed them. Especially when I noticed they were lip syncing the narration. Made more sense and added to the show.
I think the live actors are needed even if they are not noticed. As Walt believed. you may not notice what is there but you will notice what is missing. It is very noticeable that people are missing.

janoimagine

To be fair though, the creatives are coming under heavy pressure from above to make IP part of EVERYTHING they do. It is one of Bob Chapek's pillars - he wants Disney IP to be in everything they do. For now, the days of creating new and original for content for the parks is gone.
Man that sucks ... guess we found the village idiot.

trainplane3

We saw the original version.....Just don't remember the live actors having much to do or contribute to the show.:confused:
Wow I did not know this! The version with the live performers sounds great. Thank you so much for the explanation. I am amazed they got rid of this.
My personal favorite video of RoL:

It features lots of close ups on the actors throughout the show.

culturenthrills

I have a feeling this has more to do with MK than AK. Why have everyone rush to MK to see the night show projected on the castle when you can stay in your current park and watch the same clip show projected on a giant lagoon at Epcot, water fountains or Chinese Theatre at DHS, or water/sails at AK? Hate to say it, but this is all about keeping people out of MK by offering the same clip show in each park. And most guests will sadly love it...

Pretty much until they fix the crappy giant water screens and the lack of a real finale throwing IP at this show will not fix it.

TTA94

The fire at the end will be recast into the fire nymphs Chernabog played with during Fantasia's Night on Bald Mountain.

Lol. On a serious note though, putting aside everyone’s opinion of this new version, what is actually changing? Or can’t you say?

Thelazer

I don't think adding IP is going to really change things.
Once the "new new" version of Epcot's nightime shows open.. AK ROL will go the way of the dodo.

TTA94

Oh boy we haven’t heard a update on the “new version” of RoL opening next weekend... delayed? Lion King Alive With Magic opening instead? Hahahaha... probably would have been better off honestly.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
I am one of those who go to Disney so that my mind can be numbed as it is dosed with lights and sounds and images of happy childhood memories. The old Magic Kingdom and imagineers added happy memories with story lines unique to the parks. I have no hate for IP. I would love new and original content/story lines in the park.
BUT I NEVER understood the premise of this show.
To me it was “we got to put in a night time spectacular in AK!”
Then the “it should be about animals”. Then it all falls apart.
An expensive example of lack of message, or message soo deeply imbedded even the best of us are scratching our heads.

How about a cricket telling the story of a majestic world full of wonder that was destroyed by a bunch of idiots who wanted to go to resorts to have their minds numbed?

I could understand that.

FigmentForver96

I am one of those who go to Disney so that my mind can be numbed as it is dosed with lights and sounds and images of happy childhood memories. The old Magic Kingdom and imagineers added happy memories with story lines unique to the parks. I have no hate for IP. I would love new and original content/story lines in the park.
An expensive example of lack of message, or message soo deeply imbedded even the best of us are scratching our heads.

How about a cricket telling the story of a majestic world full of wonder that was destroyed by a bunch of idiots who wanted to go to resorts to have their minds numbed?

I could understand that.
I mean the story isn’t that complex.

Then again we have a whole group who couldn’t understand ROE so I’m not shocked.

FigmentJedi

It's playing off of night sky and afterlife myths about animals Disney had previously drawn from for that classic film a bunch of people totally saw called Brother Bear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom