masks with special needs

My95cobras

This doesn’t help. :( We have a trip planned for February and if nothing changes with the current mandates- we won’t be able to go. Just wondering if there are any accommodations for special needs. Disney is responding to my questions. My son (vaccinated) physically can’t wear a mask for long periods of time. Really don’t want to cancel our trip we have waited almost two years to take. :(

so…. Several issues with this. Is your trip more important than that of your child’s and others health? Not wearing a mask with ‘special’ needs or not, does not preclude you From getting or transmitting the virus. Maybe wait until this isn’t an issue for anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
This doesn’t help. :( We have a trip planned for February and if nothing changes with the current mandates- we won’t be able to go. Just wondering if there are any accommodations for special needs. Disney is responding to my questions. My son (vaccinated) physically can’t wear a mask for long periods of time. Really don’t want to cancel our trip we have waited almost two years to take. :(

I mean to be fair, a pandemic just doesn't end in a year. It's probably gonna be like this until next year.

Giss Neric

February is still a long time and mandates are changing constantly. Your son can't wear a mask because of his condition or he can't wear a mask cause it's uncomfortable for him to wear?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Didn’t ask for your opinion on our lives.

We are all vaccinated and we have social distanced strictly since the beginning of the pandemic. Follow all the rules and we would like to finally- after two years- enjoy a trip. I’m not breaking any rules or asking anyone else to. I was asking a question. K

And your ‘special’ needs in quotes is insulting. Perhaps refrain from commenting on a family’s life you know nothing about.
Currently there are no exceptions. What the rules will be 6 months from now nobody knows

My95cobras

So now I’m putting peoples lives in danger? How is that?

I’m a teacher- who didn’t miss a day of teaching- in person- the entire year, was one of the the first people vaccinated but I’m putting peoples lives in danger?

I’m asking a question about Disney’s mask policy. Never did I say I would endanger anyone’s life by being reckless about anything. And if people choose to go to Disney World right now - that is THEIR choice. That is why Disney makes everyone accept and understand the risks.

Do you leave your house ever? Are you endangering lives?!
we do, but my family wears a mask. If one couldn’t, we would not go anywhere that would potentially put other people in danger of transmitting the virus.

My95cobras

My family wears masks, too, and have done everything safely. And we are all vaccinated. We are doing our part. Not sure why you have been attacking me.

Please be more sensitive to those with special needs who are careful- and have done everything they can since this pandemic began. You have zero understanding of our situation.
You’re situation is that you want to take your child to a park with thousands of people and you want them to not have to wear a mask…. What am I missing?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hmmm- where did you read that?

I never said my child wouldn’t wear a mask.
AND- you don’t HAVE to wear a mask outdoors. The thousands of people at the parks already know this and choose to go freely.

Okay, this is where I'm confused.....you're fully aware that you don't have to wear a mask outdoors, where you'll be spending 85% of your time at Disney, but in the same breath are worried you might have to cancel because of limited exceptions to mask mandates?

Giss Neric

The only problem you will have is the mask indoor and on attractions. Now, your trip is still in February next year so the indoor mask rule might be gone. It also may not.

The only way to solve this for everyone is for Disney to do what they did with the cruise line, allow only vaccinated guests inside the park. If they did that, they could most likely make masks optional whether indoor or outdoor. That's not going to happen in my opinion.

crawale

so…. Several issues with this. Is your trip more important than that of your child’s and others health? Not wearing a mask with ‘special’ needs or not, does not preclude you From getting or transmitting the virus. Maybe wait until this isn’t an issue for anyone.
Why are you so rude? Perhaps you don't have a child with specials needs - you certainly seem to lack any compassion.

KVandel

Why are you so rude? Perhaps you don't have a child with specials needs - you certainly seem to lack any compassion.
Thank you so very much for your reply and support. I was so upset last night - I should not have continued to respond to him. It’s so upsetting when people have zero compassion and understanding for anyone with special needs- especially a child. We are trying to do our best each day (for everyone) through these crazy times. Thank you again. ❤️

Giss Neric

My neighbor has had COVID twice since getting vaccinated. I think we have to realize that the vaccines don't work for all. He had COVID very early on and was not sick. He has not been sick with any of the 'cases' and only got tested because testing was required even if a person had had the vaccine.
Vaccine do not really prevent you from getting it again. It's main purpose is to avoid severe side effects and death. I don't know why so many people think it's a cure.

KVandel

Unfortunately we see the worst people replying - hoping unvaccinated people die etc. More children die of flu in an average year than have died of COVID. My three grandsons - 11,10 and 7 have all had COVID with no symptoms. My son had 24 hour flu from his 'case' - all unvaccinated. People need to stop and think before they post these hateful comments - people can have different opinions but they obviously feel that only their opinions are valid. Ignore the hateful comments - it obviously makes those who post them feel righteous.
Thank you, again. ❤️

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
@KVandel

This is a genuine question that I will ask again, I mean no disrespect by it....

"Okay, this is where I'm confused.....you're fully aware that you don't have to wear a mask outdoors, where you'll be spending 85% of your time at Disney, but in the same breath are worried you might have to cancel because of limited exceptions to mask mandates?"

LittleBuford

My neighbor has had COVID twice since getting vaccinated. I think we have to realize that the vaccines don't work for all. He had COVID very early on and was not sick. He has not been sick with any of the 'cases' and only got tested because testing was required even if a person had had the vaccine.
Does this mean he contracted the virus three times, once before vaccination and twice after? Is that even possible in such a relatively short space of time? Perhaps one or more of his test results haven’t been accurate.

KVandel

@KVandel

This is a genuine question that I will ask again, I mean no disrespect by it....

"Okay, this is where I'm confused.....you're fully aware that you don't have to wear a mask outdoors, where you'll be spending 85% of your time at Disney, but in the same breath are worried you might have to cancel because of limited exceptions to mask mandates?"
I replied- don’t know where it went.

Yes I am aware you only have to wear a mask indoors. That include ride queues that can be quite long, unfortunately. And we would have to cancel due to that reason- because it is a mandate.

Muffinpants

I replied- don’t know where it went.

Yes I am aware you only have to wear a mask indoors. That include ride queues that can be quite long, unfortunately. And we would have to cancel due to that reason- because it is a mandate.
They have been letting people in lines not wear masks untill you enter inside. So maybe just skip indoor rides?

crawale

Why are you putting the word “case” in quotation marks? It’s a real thing, you know. I’m glad your family members didn’t suffer badly, but not everyone has been so fortunate.
To me a 'case' is some kind of actual symptoms rather than a positive test. The only reason my son and family had positive tests was that daughter-in-law had a case of the flu - with symptoms so the others had to be tested. Had she not tested positive the others would not even have gotten a test. My neighbor is in the military so had to have a test before deployment. He was vaccinated and had had COVID and tested positive with no symptoms. Had he not been about to be deployed he would not have had a test. What I am saying is that we refine too much over a positive test.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom