News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GimpYancIent

That’s what the valet service is for.
I see. So the valet service would not just be opening vehicle doors, directing guests in what direction they need to go, assist the guests in removing luggage from the vehicle, take the guests vehicle keys and then park said vehicle. At the end of the experience retrieve the guests vehicle and help the guests load said luggage into their vehicle. There is a expectation a galactic bell hop will be there to accompany the guests hauling the luggage to the Halcyon then depositing it in the correct location for the guests. I also see a lot of luggage wrestling.

nickys

Premium Member
I see. So the valet service would not just be opening vehicle doors, directing guests in what direction they need to go, assist the guests in removing luggage from the vehicle, take the guests vehicle keys and then park said vehicle. At the end of the experience retrieve the guests vehicle and help the guests load said luggage into their vehicle. There is a expectation a galactic bell hop will be there to accompany the guests hauling the luggage to the Halcyon then depositing it in the correct location for the guests. I also see a lot of luggage wrestling.
I got the impression that you drove up, handed the keys to the valet and they parked the car and got the luggage. Didn’t someone post that earlier today?

I’m not going to worry about this. I’m quite sure it will work just fine.

GimpYancIent

I got the impression that you drove up, handed the keys to the valet and they parked the car and got the luggage. Didn’t someone post that earlier today?

I’m not going to worry about this. I’m quite sure it will work just fine.
You are one trusting person. I truly hope it works.

Rich Brownn

Got it. So where would all this luggage be stowed on the Halcyon? Is there an intergalactic bell service w a storage bay? Could it be the expectation is guests will leave the bulk of non Galactic Cruise luggage locked in their earthly bound vehicles?
You can have your luggage stored if you check in early before rooms are cleaned. I had people check in at 9am and drop off luggage and go to the parks, and come back at 10pm to get their key and luggage.

GimpYancIent

You can have your luggage stored if you check in early before rooms are cleaned. I had people check in at 9am and drop off luggage and go to the parks, and come back at 10pm to get their key and luggage.
Yes, very true IF this was a hotel / resort. This is an extended stay immersion experience with a couple of sleep periods (something folks just do not want to accept It Is Not A Hotel). Guests will be staying at other accommodations i.e. (for locals home) for others actual hotels or resorts before / after or both doing the experience is a separate thing. Hence the luggage questions.

Movielover

Yes, very true IF this was a hotel / resort. This is an extended stay immersion experience with a couple of sleep periods (something folks just do not want to accept It Is Not A Hotel). Guests will be staying at other accommodations i.e. (for locals home) for others actual hotels or resorts before / after or both doing the experience is a separate thing. Hence the luggage questions.
Even though this is not a hotel, I have to assume that it will have similar resort staff there just to handle the hotel esq functions which includes luggage handling. I think getting worked up over how luggage will arrive to your cabin is another in a long line of mountains out of mole hills...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Even though this is not a hotel, I have to assume that it will have similar resort staff there just to handle the hotel esq functions which includes luggage handling. I think getting worked up over how luggage will arrive to your cabin is another in a long line of mountains out of mole hills...
I think the question is more of "I will pack a roll-aboard for the two-and-a-half days of this experience. Where do I put the rest of my luggage that I flew in from England/Portland/Chicago with?"

aliceismad

Well, if they're modeling this after a cruise, the porters take your luggage and then it shows up in your room.

Epct82

How much luggage would you be packing for such a short duration?
82521a.jpg

2 medium-sized handbags
1 super-sized handbag
1 mini suitcase
1 extra large suitcase
And for some reason a large crate
The lock combination to open any of the above will always be 12345, and the exterior designs will be matched.

doctornick

I think the question is more of "I will pack a roll-aboard for the two-and-a-half days of this experience. Where do I put the rest of my luggage that I flew in from England/Portland/Chicago with?"

In your room?

This seems like yet another ridiculous concern for people to even be bringing up. Sure, if you are able to leave your luggage in another location (like your previous hotel), you are welcome to do so, but the vast majority of people will just bring all their luggage with them to the Halcyon and the staff will take it to their cabin. There's really nothing complicated here.

Wendy Pleakley

View attachment 582183

2 medium-sized handbags
1 super-sized handbag
1 mini suitcase
1 extra large suitcase
And for some reason a large crate
The lock combination to open any of the above will always be 12345, and the exterior designs will be matched.

This image immediately brings to mind the constant jokes that "Disney will start charging us for oxygen soon".

1629909630716.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom