News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

SJN1279

I love Star Wars, but Disney hasn't won me over with this concept at all.

They needed a low capacity E-Ticket on board, or a real reason to visit this experience. Everything they have spoken about, sounds like bad dinner theater, and very limited Cruise ship amenities.

Star Wars weekends use to honor all of Star Wars. Kathleen Kennedy and Disney want to focus on one specific timeline, and it will also limit interest on this project.
Star Wars Weekends used to focus on the fun side of Star Wars, the new regime don't seem to understand that concept.

Baby Yoda is the only breakout character from Disney Star Wars, and he isn't even on the ship?! Why not?

Hopefully I'm wrong, but "I have a bad feeling about this"

nickys

Premium Member
They needed a low capacity E-Ticket on board, or a real reason to visit this experience. Everything they have spoken about, sounds like bad dinner theater, and very limited Cruise ship amenities.
The activities on board sound way cooler than a typical dinner theatre show or murder mystery weekend.

And you do get time in Batuu and I have to assume you get to walk on to RotR and MF.

Movielover

This is the real reason to visit. To be immersed in a multi day interactive story. If you want just a ride then go to DHS. This will be a full live interactive experience.

Star Wars weekends use to honor all of Star Wars. Kathleen Kennedy and Disney want to focus on one specific timeline,
Gee, I wonder why they would want to highlight the time period of the saga that they had direct control of, big headscratcher there. I get that you may have not liked the sequel trilogy but there are a equal amount who did.

Star Wars Weekends used to focus on the fun side of Star Wars, the new regime don't seem to understand that concept.
I had one of the best times of my life visiting Galaxy's Edge last year before the shut down. I'm sorry you seem to be incapable of finding the fun and excitement of the area but I assure you, its there.

Baby Yoda is the only breakout character from Disney Star Wars, and he isn't even on the ship?! Why not?
Because that's almost 30's years before when the Starcruiser is set. We have no idea where Baby Yoda is at the time of the Sequels.

Also...
Baby Yoda is the only breakout character from Disney Star Wars
Poe Dameron, Finn, BB8, Cara Dune, Din Djarin, Kylo Ren, IG-11, Kuiil, Moff Gideon, Trapper Wolf, Bobu Frik, Carson Teva, Frog Lady, and literally the entirety of Rogue One would like to have a word with you.

You are, and "Hey kid, don't get cocky"

corran horn

Star Wars Weekends was fun and all (I have every poster since 2000 framed and was lucky enough to get in the chair twice for Millionaire) but beyond the actor signings and some merch it only stood out because it was the main Disney/Star Wars crossover besides Star Tours.

There's so much more now and I wouldn't trade it, to be honest.

Last edited:

SJN1279

Star Wars Weekends was fun and all (I have every poster since 2000 framed and was lucky enough to get in the chair twice for Millionaire) but beyond the actor signings and some merch it only stood out because it was the main Disney/Star Wars crossover besides Star Tours.

There's so much more now and I wouldn't trade it, to be honest.
I agree, but I wish that Galaxy's Edge incorporated all of Star Wars.

I feel the storyline is too rigid and leaves out a good chunk of the fanbase.

Magenta Panther

I love Star Wars, but Disney hasn't won me over with this concept at all.

Star Wars weekends use to honor all of Star Wars. Kathleen Kennedy and Disney want to focus on one specific timeline, and it will also limit interest on this project.

For some, as long as a Star Wars flick has lightsabers and cool spaceships and someone babbling about the Force (whatever the heck that even means anymore), that's good enough. Screw good characters and storylines! Gimme that FZZZZ and PEW PEW PEW! :p

Bocabear

Yes, the fact that Galaxy's Edge wasn't a total home run for Disney is unfathomable and unforgivable.

Too much "authentic storytelling", not enough Star Wars fun.
I agree 1000% It lacks the fun and wonder....Which all seems to be left behind in the first trilogy of movies.
They should have found some way of adding that to the overall experience...
Did it HAVE to be on a bombed out battle-torn desert planet? I mean they made the location up...why could it not have been more beautiful and less harsh... Why could there not have been a few more attractions to make the overall investment in the area make more sense?
I enjoyed ROTR, and kind of liked MF (though didn't find the MF repeatable more than one or two times)... The whole area just seems a little soul-less to me.

Movielover

And all of the good characters and humor and fun.

Yes, the fact that Galaxy's Edge wasn't a total home run for Disney is unfathomable and unforgivable.

Too much "authentic storytelling", not enough Star Wars fun.

I agree 1000% It lacks the fun and wonder....Which all seems to be left behind in the first trilogy of movies.
They should have found some way of adding that to the overall experience...
Did it HAVE to be on a bombed out battle-torn desert planet? I mean they made the location up...why could it not have been more beautiful and less harsh... Why could there not have been a few more attractions to make the overall investment in the area make more sense?
I enjoyed ROTR, and kind of liked MF (though didn't find the MF repeatable more than one or two times)... The whole area just seems a little soul-less to me.

Man I could never ever imagine myself in a mental state where I could walk into this...

1627908472673.png

and go "yeah it sucks! Horrible job!"

I really do pity you guys cause that has to be some depressing outlook on life that you all have.

Bocabear

I will admit it looks pretty at night, but during the day....which is most of the time people see it, it is a drab palette of gray and brown... and yes, it does lack some visual fun...Had they put in the Bantha walk attraction...or something to add some kinetics, it would have helped a bit...
1627908943976.png

GimpYancIent

I will admit it looks pretty at night, but during the day....which is most of the time people see it, it is a drab palette of gray and brown... and yes, it does lack some visual fun...Had they put in the Bantha walk attraction...or something to add some kinetics, it would have helped a bit...View attachment 576686
Yes it is what it is supposed to be. A depiction of a space port that is worn, battered and past its prime on an out of the way planet. Very Star Wars. Instead of the wild wild west its the wild wild outer space. Me, Myself, I and our entire family (multiple age groups) like it. Must admit a droid or two roaming around would be good.

Last edited:

SJN1279

Yes it is what it is supposed to be. A depiction of a space port that is worn, battered and past its prime on an out of the way planet. Very Star Wars. Instead of the wild wild west its the wild wild outer space. Me, Myself, I and our entire family (multiple age groups) like it. Must admit a droid or two roaming around would be good.
They had a blank canvas to create a new awesome planet in the new trilogy to base this land on. That is why Potter works so well, we visit the places we read and saw on the screen. Outside of the Falcon, Galaxy's Edge doesn't do that.

Once Disney bought Star Wars, they sucked the fun out of it. The land and hotel takes itself too seriously. Rise is a great dark ride, but it is devoid of thrills. Millenium is cool, but I still prefer Star Tours. Instead of wasting money on a hotel, they should have focused on making the actual land better.

X wing coaster? Grogu? Vader?
anyone?

GimpYancIent

They had a blank canvas to create a new awesome planet in the new trilogy to base this land on. That is why Potter works so well, we visit the places we read and saw on the screen. Outside of the Falcon, Galaxy's Edge doesn't do that.

Once Disney bought Star Wars, they sucked the fun out of it. The land and hotel takes itself too seriously. Rise is a great dark ride, but it is devoid of thrills. Millenium is cool, but I still prefer Star Tours. Instead of wasting money on a hotel, they should have focused on making the actual land better.

X wing coaster? Grogu? Vader?
anyone?
Wellll you just go ahead and enjoy Universal then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom