News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

IMDREW

I

We blasted off in that last scene backwards during a ride and it was the scariest thing in my life. I know rides break down but I wasn’t expecting that at all. They let us re-ride due to the errors which was nice.
Yeah, sometimes the facing of the cars end up the wrong way and wont reset till the end. Ive seen it too! The car next to us facing the opposite direction in all screen scenes. They looked so confused 😂

Attachments

• B914878E-8D2A-4E18-A770-2CC00E56B0E4.jpeg
    B914878E-8D2A-4E18-A770-2CC00E56B0E4.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 78

DreamfinderGuy

Based on this post from bioreconstruct, I am guessing the solar panels are not coming back.

Considering what it would cost to have specially curved solar panels purpose built for the Energy structure, yeah, safe to say we'll just be getting decorative panels. Really sucks too, we knew Disney didn't care about EPCOT or any of that junk anymore, but they've remained firm on their dedication to greener energy. It says a lot to decommission their first major solar farm, purpose built in that form factor and that location for optimal energy intake, in favor of some decor that doesn't even match it's respective structure.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking like we're gonna be seeing solar panels to me.

M:SpilotISTC12

I keep holding out hope that Epcot will return in some fashion. The new entrance is simply playing with our minds. That new entrance is like the light shinning for those bugs in Wreck it Ralph. Epcot fans are drawn to the shining new entrance only to be disappointed by the overuse of IP beyond SSE.
The new entrance is very meta. With all the construction walls it implies that something is coming in the future. When who knows. As long as they are building towards the future, obviously never completed, it belongs in Future World. Genius WDI! Genius!

DreamfinderGuy

At first I wanted the solar panels back, for continuities sake.
But, I could care less now.
The ride isn't about energy, and solar panels aren't futuristic by any measure any more.
Why should a Guardians of the Galaxy building have solar panels?
Because of energy efficiency? The building was made explicitly to maximize solar energy intake, in fact, that stems all the way back to when the pavilion itself was planned as the solar energy pavilion. Disney loves to talk about how green they are, but they decommissioned a solar farm in favor of some odd aesthetic to compliment a spaceship. Most of the solar panels in the world aren't attached to Energy pavilions, believe it or not.

sedati

The old Magic Kingdom also still has both halves of it's Main Street.
Well, one's a street (thoroughfare) and one's a "core" (central point)
Anyway, imagine if Main Street wast just a single continously repeating monochomatic architectural pattern mirrored across its fraternal twin with little to no indication of what it's function is, what's inside, or where it may possibly lead.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anyway, imagine if Main Street wast just a single continously repeating monochomatic architectural pattern mirrored across its fraternal twin with little to no indication of what it's function is, what's inside, or where it may possibly lead.
Well... technically... more than half the store fronts on Main Street don't represent what's happening inside as it is... ;)

lazyboy97o

Both were intended to shape space. That isn’t done with ornament.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Based on this post from bioreconstruct, I am guessing the solar panels are not coming back.

Still too soon to tell. If they install solar panels, they will be the last thing they install. And by last I mean really last. In all of the projects I have worked on with solar panels, they have not gone up until the exterior is 100% finished.

MaximumEd

Still too soon to tell. If they install solar panels, they will be the last thing they install. And by last I mean really last. In all of the projects I have worked on with solar panels, they have not gone up until the exterior is 100% finished.
Would you expect to see any pre-wiring at this point, or would it also be too soon for that to appear?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom