News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

DisneyAndUniversalFan

They do nothing for you. They aren’t a big help for you. You had a cold and didn’t wear a mask anywhere.

That’s you.
That's actually not how I got a cold at all lmao. I got it from my neighbor when I went to their house. They had one before I did. Don't make up your own facts when you don't even the reasoning on how I got it, thanks.

Californian Elitist

That's actually not how I got a cold at all lmao. I got it from my neighbor when I went to their house. They had one before I did. Don't make up your own facts when you don't even the reasoning on how I got it, thanks.
I don’t care how you got it lmao. Masks don’t work for YOU. That’s fine, but speak for yourself. That’s my overall point.

Thanks.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

I don’t care how you got it lmao. Masks don’t work for YOU. That’s fine, but speak for yourself. That’s my overall point.

Thanks.
You said:
You had a cold and didn’t wear a mask anywhere.

That statement you said made it sound like I got a cold from not wearing a mask, when that is not the case at all. That's all i'm saying.
Thanks.

Californian Elitist

You said:

That statement you said made it sound like I got a cold from not wearing a mask, when that is not the case at all. That's all i'm saying.
Thanks.
You’re quoting something that strays from the overall point.

You claimed that masks don’t work and do nothing and used yourself as an example. The point of my response was to show that you should speak for yourself. Masks don’t help YOU. That doesn’t mean they’re ineffective for all. Melatonin doesn’t help me sleep. I’ve tried many times and it does nothing. However, I know that it’s an effective sleeping aid for others and that just because it doesn’t help me, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t help others.

Speak for yourself. That’s all I’m saying.

Thanks.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

You’re quoting something that strays from the overall point.

You claimed that masks don’t work and do nothing and used yourself as an example. The point of my response was to show that you should speak for yourself. Masks don’t help YOU. That doesn’t mean they’re ineffective for all. Melatonin doesn’t help me sleep. I’ve tried many times and it does nothing. However, I know that it’s an effective sleeping aid for others and that just because it doesn’t help me, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t help others.

Speak for yourself. That’s all I’m saying.

Thanks.
Ok, then I can speak on the near 20+ people I know (friends, hell even professors and principals) that don't ever wear a mask as they also know and agree that they don't help THEM in any way. Doing without them has done nothing harmful to everyone I know that don't use them. Since you didn't want to hear from me. I'm glad that you have YOUR opinion on them, I'm just giving my two cents.

Thanks.

ParkPeeker

what the heck, masks are predominantly to keep others from catching the virus/cold that you yourself may have, not to keep yourself from catching it. They don’t help you when only you wear them, but when everyone wears them they help. So when you say that you didn’t catch a cold while everyone else was wearing a mask, well yea it’s cause everyone else was wearing a mask.

Not wearing a mask while having a cold means you’re spreading your sickness to everyone else. So while everyone wore a mask, they didn’t spread anything to you who didn’t wear a mask, so it makes total sense that you didn’t catch anything not wearing a mask. It’s just that someone might catch your cold now.

RescueTheDay

Ok, then I can speak on the near 20+ people I know (friends, hell even professors and principals) that don't ever wear a mask as they also know and agree that they don't help THEM in any way. Doing without them has done nothing harmful to everyone I know that don't use them. Since you didn't want to hear from me. I'm glad that you have YOUR opinion on them, I'm just giving my two cents.

Thanks.
While Asian counties like Japan have been using mask for years to prevent others getting sick. I think I’ll trust actual data and not your “friends and professors.”

Californian Elitist

Thanks.
As long as you don’t attempt to speak for me, cool. Anyways, I’m done going back and forth with you over this. So have a good evening.

SoCalDisneyLover

For several reasons. I think that it's a bit premature given that we still have a ways to go before enough people have been vaccinated. And even though I'm protected against serious illness, there are still reports of people contracting the virus after being vaccinated.

California has a decent vaccination percentage, but even we are not at 50% yet. And with people coming from other states, that kind of becomes meaningless anyways.

My biggest concern are the variants. The more the virus is spreading, even if it is amongst mainly the unvaccinated, the greater chance a variant will come along that's more resistant to the vaccine efficacy.

Anyways, it just feels like everything happening so fast, and all at once, is a bit worrisome. And it's not that I feel all the restrictions need to be permanent. Not that at all. I worry that dropping every single restriction, is going to result in fewer people feeling the need to get vaccinated, and that would be a bad thing. I would have expected Disney to keep the mask requirement indoors, either in queues or on rides. But it is what it is.

Honestly, I guess wearing them indoors does not bother me too much. I can see the issue in the outdoor summer heat, but I've never understood all the outrage about wearing them in general. Seemed like a small price to pay to keep myself and others safe, and get to the point where we could achieve herd immunity, and get back to normal. Hopefully we're not spiking the football at the 10 yard line. Bottom line is I myself will continue wearing them indoors for the time being, and in crowded situations, where I'm literally surrounded by lots of people, even if that's outdoors.

Wendy Pleakley

Similar numbers, but California has about 10 million more people residing in it. You’re welcome to your opinion though, but please don’t post as isn’t scientific backing to it.

To add to this, here's a list that shows cases per million people.

Texas is #10 on the list. California is #41. Pretty clear difference.

Californian Elitist

For several reasons. I think that it's a bit premature given that we still have a ways to go before enough people have been vaccinated. And even though I'm protected against serious illness, there are still reports of people contracting the virus after being vaccinated.

California has a decent vaccination percentage, but even we are not at 50% yet. And with people coming from other states, that kind of becomes meaningless anyways.

My biggest concern are the variants. The more the virus is spreading, even if it is amongst mainly the unvaccinated, the greater chance a variant will come along that's more resistant to the vaccine efficacy.

Anyways, it just feels like everything happening so fast, and all at once, is a bit worrisome. And it's not that I feel all the restrictions need to be permanent. Not that at all. I worry that dropping every single restriction, is going to result in fewer people feeling the need to get vaccinated, and that would be a bad thing. I would have expected Disney to keep the mask requirement indoors, either in queues or on rides. But it is what it is.

Honestly, I guess wearing them indoors does not bother me too much. I can see the issue in the outdoor summer heat, but I've never understood all the outrage about wearing them in general. Seemed like a small price to pay to keep myself and others safe, and get to the point where we could achieve herd immunity, and get back to normal. Hopefully we're not spiking the football at the 10 yard line. Bottom line is I myself will continue wearing them indoors for the time being, and in crowded situations, where I'm literally surrounded by lots of people, even if that's outdoors.
I just read about the delta variant in China. It doesn’t sound fun at all and it’s very concerning.

Wendy Pleakley

Although I won't be following your lead, so long as you aren't putting down others for their decision not to keep wearing masks, I respect your decision.

I will say, I think the outrage from masks comes from two places. The first one being people don't believe they work, which is open to debate, but I have no interest in such a debate. The second one, and this is where my problem with them comes in, has to do with the government mandating them. If it were up to private businesses to decide whether customers are required to wear masks or not, then I think that's fine because if you don't want to you can take your business elsewhere, or if you feel more comfortable shopping in a place that has masks you take your business there. It also for more opportunity and freedom between the individual, which I think is a core value of Americans. We should be free to do our own thing, so long as it is not evil. Of course, somebody would then say it is evil to not wear a mask, but such an argument is silly and should be ignored.

Failing to follow public health guidelines during a pandemic isn't freedom, it's selfishness.

SoCalDisneyLover

I really hope that I'm wrong, and we still see a large % of people wearing masks in the coming days. Because the bottom line is it will be depressing to me, if instead there is hardly any mask wearing, when in reality we know that a large percentage have still not been vaccinated. I hope that those who are still not, follow the guidelines, and don't act irresponsibly. Even though the State and Disney are giving them every possible opportunity to do so. The virus is still out there, and besides the fact it endangers your own life, it could endanger someone else's as well. And the sooner we minimize the virus spread, the sooner all of us can feel more comfortable in different surroundings.

ParkPeeker

Although I won't be following your lead, so long as you aren't putting down others for their decision not to keep wearing masks, I respect your decision.

I will say, I think the outrage from masks comes from two places. The first one being people don't believe they work, which is open to debate, but I have no interest in such a debate. The second one, and this is where my problem with them comes in, has to do with the government mandating them. If it were up to private businesses to decide whether customers are required to wear masks or not, then I think that's fine because if you don't want to you can take your business elsewhere, or if you feel more comfortable shopping in a place that has masks you take your business there. It also for more opportunity and freedom between the individual, which I think is a core value of Americans. We should be free to do our own thing, so long as it is not evil. Of course, somebody would then say it is evil to not wear a mask, but such an argument is silly and should be ignored.
I feel like those two points are heavily related. Your opinion on the effectiveness on masks will affect how you feel about having to wear a mask and will affect whether or not you feel it is a violation of your freedom. So I do feel it is an important part of the argument.

I only commented because someone had suggested that masks don’t make a difference when in fact they do. They are not completely infallible against the spread of the virus but they absolutely do make a difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom