Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreday3

The question we all want answered because this is where it really matters...what about Target? :)

Our Target is still wiping down the self-check out between every customer!

I'm fine wearing masks indoors, but I'm also not going to freak out and stop shopping somewhere if they stop the mask requirement. I'll probably keep mine on inside for a bit because I shop amongst the troglodytes, but I'm vaccinated and know to wash my hands before touching my face.

Chi84

Premium Member
I see Trader Joe's has joined the no mask group. At this rate every store will be part of that club in a matter of days.

I guess it's back to delivery orders for me for a few weeks.
We did delivery at the height of the pandemic and it worked pretty well. Ultimately, the burden will shift from the store being responsible for protecting its customers to the customers being responsible for protecting themselves - either by getting vaccinated, wearing masks or trying to keep a distance from others. I know there are some who cannot be vaccinated and may feel wearing a mask will not do enough to protect them. But mitigation measures were never intended to be permanent or even to outlast COVID. They were only meant to stop the spread until the heavy lifting could be taken over by the vaccines.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Our Target is still wiping down the self-check out between every customer!

I'm fine wearing masks indoors, but I'm also not going to freak out and stop shopping somewhere if they stop the mask requirement. I'll probably keep mine on inside for a bit, but I'm vaccinated and know to wash my hands before touching my face.
I started using my tongue on the self checkout kiosks since I became vaccinated.
What, just me?

MrMcDuck

We did delivery at the height of the pandemic and it worked pretty well. Ultimately, the burden will shift from the store being responsible for protecting its customers to the customers being responsible for protecting themselves - either by getting vaccinated, wearing masks or trying to keep a distance from others. I know there are some who cannot be vaccinated and may feel wearing a mask will not do enough to protect them. But mitigation measures were never intended to be permanent or even to outlast COVID. They were only meant to stop the spread until the heavy lifting could be taken over by the vaccines.

Yes, I'm aware.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I started using grocery curbside pickup consistently well before the pandemic, after my second was born. Dont plan on ever stopping.

dreday3

The only delivery we do is Chewy for whatever our cat desires and Amazon for stuff that is cheaper than getting in the stores.

We never stopped going to grocery stores.

I just lied. 😐
I order shoes, clothes, makeup, stuff from Overstock and Disney headbands from Etsy.

GenerationX

It's not illegal to ask in every state, and in many cases employees willingly share that information with employers - some formally, some informally. The fallacy is that anything that is done must be done perfectly or not at all. Life doesn't work that way.
It is illegal. It's a violation of the Nuremberg Code to make experimental vaccines a condition of employment.

LaughingGravy

Nuremburg code? We are not bound by a Nuremburg code. There is nothing illegal about an employer asking and denying employment based on having any kind of vaccination or not. Asking for proof and requiring it may be another issue, or not. But there is certainly nothing preventing a company from denying employment based on it.
There's no law in the US, nor has the Nuremburg code been adopted by any country as law.
It's a set of principals, like the Hippocratic Oath.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member

Lilofan

It is illegal. It's a violation of the Nuremberg Code to make experimental vaccines a condition of employment.
Crazy as it sounds the code describes an employer cannot force for example the staff or incoming staff to get vaccinated. So in a nutshell, don't comply and perhaps expect security to walk you out to your car and your job terminated. Refuse to get vaccinated while applying for a job and don't expect an offer letter of employment.

Jrb1979

Not sure how to define the goal or what exactly is wrong with good enough. So the entire United States government and every state and local government should have a goal of 75% because you say that’s the goal? There are real world examples where numbers much less than 75% vaccinated have crushed the virus.

As far “good enough” I’m not sure why that’s a bad target. We had restrictions in place for good reason all along but the plan has always been that once the situation was “good enough” we would begin relaxing the restrictions. It was never the goal to wait until cases went to zero. It seems like maybe you are fixated on a target vaccination percentage that is unachievable right now (75% of the total population is about 90% of eligible people) as a reason to keep mitigation around indefinitely. If we adopted a 75% target it would be some time in the late Fall before enough people are eligible to reach 75% vaccinated. There’s not a good reason to wait that long. My suspicion is once Canada has enough doses they also will not wait that long to begin relaxing restrictions if the cases are way down which is likely with a high percent vaccinated.
Canada has enough doses now but the goal is to have 75% with 1 dose and 20% fully vaccinated before mitigations start dropping. I guess the big difference is most of the US has already opened everything, where as most of Canada is in lockdown.

I don't expect to get to zero cases but having 75% of the population with 1 dose will severely limit the spread of Covid. IMO the other option is vaccine passports til you reach that goal.

GaBoy

Which are you arguing - that the experimental vaccines aren't technically experimental or that the Nuremberg Code wouldn't apply in a forced vaccination situation?
Just a silly thing to say. Sounds smart and conspiratorial going straight to the History Channel's favorite subject and trying to draw a parallel but it just sounds sort of weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom