Rumor Guest Boat Rentals Not Returning

Mindy55

In your defense, those courses are similar to the water parks in that they get very abused by the Florida weather. I believe they each go down for refurb every year, so if you caught it on the back end, it might not have been in the best shape.
I agree with you.. I have enjoyed them many many times with my family and friends, it’s why I inquired with some connections there... but projects and ideas constantly shift and change dramatically.. anyway, I’ll be much more careful in presenting opinion / question / fact in the future!

Robbydj13

I agree with you.. I have enjoyed them many many times with my family and friends, it’s why I inquired with some connections there... but projects and ideas constantly shift and change dramatically.. anyway, I’ll be much more careful in presenting opinion / question / fact in the future!
All good. We love the mini golf courses too, especially Fantasia Gardens. I would have been so mad if they were getting rid of them

UNCgolf

All good. We love the mini golf courses too, especially Fantasia Gardens. I would have been so mad if they were getting rid of them

The Fantasia Gardens courses are the ones my GF and I played last year (I've never been to Winter Summerland or whatever it's called). The course that's designed to look like a real golf course is pretty hard.

I'd go back and play them again.

Robbydj13

The Fantasia Gardens courses are the ones my GF and I played last year (I've never been to Winter Summerland or whatever it's called). The course that's designed to look like a real golf course is pretty hard.

The realistic, hard one is my fave. The other is fun as well. I didn’t care much for Winter Summerland at all

Disone

They need to find some actual perks to on-site Deluxe resorts STAT. Maybe actually reopen all the dining and reserve some percentage of resort hotel dining for guests staying there?
100% agreed. Maybe a fast pass benefit exclusive? A jump on the park hopper time? In my opinion both of those are things that they could add with almost zero cost to the company but could be a tremendous benefit in value to the guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort Hotel. Thereby adding value and desirability of staying at said resorts.

Totally agree. We are staying offsite for the first time ever on our next trip. Four seasons. The amenities blow wdw resorts out of the water
So do their rooms! So nice. They are already going through their first rooms refurbishment.

This would be a terrible loss of a truly unique WDW experience - another aspect that makes it Walt Disney World, not just Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, which is what it is drifting towards. Some of my happiest memories of Disney vacations are cruising freely on the sprites pre-drivers license.

I still can't get my head around the gator situation. Obviously, the tragedy warranted changes - but how did thousands of people swim/ski in the lake, daily for ~30 years w/o incident? Hard to believe it was simply more trapping. Did some idiot drop baby gators in there, did they escape from Discovery Island? Not that they would, but what would it take for Disney to return it to the original state - drain it again?

The Colonel

As a hack photographer, I loved renting the boats. As someone who enjoys exploring every inch of Disney World and seeing things from different angles, I loved the boats. My grandchildren loved the fishing excursion. It's sad. I keep waiting for them to announce the end of EWP- it has to be coming.

Lilofan

I've played Fantasia Gardens. It is a nice break from the parks. The multiple tennis courts next door that belong to the Swan/Dolphin sit mostly unused. Who goes to WDW to play tennis in the hot humid summer?

Last edited:

CntrlFlPete

- but how did thousands of people swim/ski in the lake, daily for ~30 years w/o incident?

as a long time Floridian who has lived on the edge of the Everglades, the assumption I would make is that once they put those rooms on the water by the Poly, well the guest started to feed the wildlife (an assumption of mine) which led to some gators associating people w/ food. Gators tend to avoid people -- but a child -- well, dogs often go missing -- but the noise around the beach would typically keep gators away (until they associate people as givers of free handouts.

ImperfectPixie

as a long time Floridian who has lived on the edge of the Everglades, the assumption I would make is that once they put those rooms on the water by the Poly, well the guest started to feed the wildlife (an assumption of mine) which led to some gators associating people w/ food. Gators tend to avoid people -- but a child -- well, dogs often go missing -- but the noise around the beach would typically keep gators away (until they associate people as givers of free handouts.
I think that's a pretty safe assumption. I once had a girl argue with me about feeding the squirrels at WDW because she thinks it's okay "because she likes to". ANY wildlife can get aggressive with humans once they think we're a way for them to easily get food.

Lilofan

Oh that's fact, some guests staying at $2K per night Poly bungalows right on the water were feeding the gators.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom