News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpac24

Inside the parks, 100% yes. Walking around the resorts, 90% yes. On the pool deck, 100% no.
I would say it is about 50% around the resort now at least from what I saw. Especially since now it is not required to wear one on the pool decks and it is kind of hard to argue that someone should wear one when walking near each other at the resorts but not while walking near each other on the pool deck. As for the area I saw very few people with it on outside and I didn't wear one outside while not on Disney property.

So honest question. Are people actually outdoor masking? In NC that hasn’t been going on since last summer. Honest question
In CO the larger zoos have already dropped the outdoor mask rule. The college town I live in has a pretty active downtown area and it's common for folks to mask up outside down there. You're also going in and out of stores too which require it though. Our college campus required them outside along with our schools.

GimpYancIent

I would say it is about 50% around the resort now at least from what I saw. Especially since now it is not required to wear one on the pool decks and it is kind of hard to argue that someone should wear one when walking near each other at the resorts but not while walking near each other on the pool deck. As for the area I saw very few people with it on outside and I didn't wear one outside while not on Disney property.
Fair! Just got back from WDW. People not wearing masks on pool deck or in the water both at the BB and resort. People not wearing masks while consuming food and drink (though to the side and stationary). Yep, people wearing their masks in compliance to the park rules otherwise. Only saw one jerk give a CM a hard time about wearing his mask while strolling around. All that said, outside of WDW I saw a 50/50 mix of people wearing or not wearing masks pretty much a personal choice thing. My family and I wear masks not to protect others from us but to protect us from others and in compliance to rules / regulations as required / necessary. What me, myself and I would like to see is for WDW to only require mask wearing in enclosed spaces (i.e. buildings / structures) and confined spaces. I would like to see; Just walking around in the open air strolling, sucking down a beverage / water and munching on some pop corn or other tasty item there is no need for a mask. People will breath easier, be happier, cooler and one less hassle for the CM's. Just my 2 cents worth of what was seen and experienced. Have a magical day!

arich35

I am wondering how strict Disney is being with a just turned 2 year old. My wife had a friend who went in January I believe with their 2 year old and in all the pictures he didn't have a mask on. I would hope cast members are being a little more understanding about a young toddler with masks, they can take it off in a second and you might not even realize for awhile, or they will simply just refuse.

Chi84

Premium Member
I am wondering how strict Disney is being with a just turned 2 year old. My wife had a friend who went in January I believe with their 2 year old and in all the pictures he didn't have a mask on. I would hope cast members are being a little more understanding about a young toddler with masks, they can take it off in a second and you might not even realize for awhile, or they will simply just refuse.
Disney never really asks about age if the child looks borderline, so if the toddler just turned 2, they probably were okay with it. I'm talking about the Disney at WDW, not the Disney at Wdwmagic.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
When the masks will be gone for good by late summer/fall in USA except WDW will lift masks till early 2022, can I not to wear masks this winter anymore. Dr. Fauci told us we don't have to wear masks or social distancing anymore by fall/winter.

Last edited:

tpac24

Disney never really asks about age, so if the toddler just turned 2, they probably were okay with it. I'm talking about the Disney at WDW, not the Disney at Wdwmagic.
I also think it is depends on the CM . Some take their jobs a little to seriously and I literally watched one young CM chastise a family because their toddler in a stroller was being pushed while snacking . She told them they needed to be stationery or she needed a mask.

MickeyLuv'r

So honest question. Are people actually outdoor masking? In NC that hasn’t been going on since last summer. Honest question
Yes.

Not everyone, but most people, at least when they are likely to pass close to people they don't know. Taking out the trash, no. Walking in front of shops at a strip mall, yes.

Maybe this is just my take, but locally mask wearing has just become a mindless habit, almost like wearing a sweatshirt/sweater/light jacket. If I walk into a shop, I could take my jacket off, and the store is plenty warm, but then I'd have to think about carrying it. Leaving it on while running errands has now become a mindless default.

That's starting to change a little though, very recently. Semi-jokingly, I say, mask wearing and cold weather/windy also somewhat go together.

arich35

Disney never really asks about age if the child looks borderline, so if the toddler just turned 2, they probably were okay with it. I'm talking about the Disney at WDW, not the Disney at Wdwmagic.
It makes sense, they don't know the kids age. Our just turned 2 year old looks close to 2.5 (she is quite tall for her age)

Chi84

Premium Member
A lot of studies coming out now showing that outdoor spread just really doesn’t happen.
There were several articles out yesterday about the CDC considering relaxing its rules for outdoors. They're extremely cautious, though, so I wouldn't expect much.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
There were several articles out yesterday about the CDC considering relaxing its rules for outdoors. They're extremely cautious, though, so I wouldn't expect much.
I expect CDC will relax it rules for indoors by fall/winter I guess so the masks will be gone by then.

ToTBellHop

I expect this guidance by the President’s July 4 deadline.

eliza61nyc

Philly just relaxed it's outdoor mask recommendations.
Basically it's more of a crowd thing. If your downtown in Center city at 4pm on Walnut Street where your shoulder to shoulder with pedestrians? Mask up. Standing in line to take a picture with the Rocky statue? Mask up.
Just walking your dog in your neighborhood? Not required

Generally I have my mask under my chin ready to pull up if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom