Masks and Social Distancing Go Away in WDW

When Masks and Social Distancing will go away in USA?

• Summer 2021

Votes: 45 10.5%
  • Fall/Winter 2021

Votes: 123 28.7%

Votes: 228 53.1%

Votes: 20 4.7%

Votes: 6 1.4%

Votes: 7 1.6%

• Total voters

JohnD

Truthfully, I am hoping they do not drop the mask and social distancing rules at DW until our long-awaited vacay is completed (5/1-5/7). I fully understand everyone has virus fatigue, as we do- and living in NY with more restrictions than other states, believe me - we do. However, I do not know who has or has not been vaccinated (we have been) and there is still a chance that we could get the virus with all the people around, or even spread the virus if we happen to be carriers. We are trying to open our lives back up safely - with safely being the key word. We will do our part to keep others safe. Hope others do the same.

Mask requirements will not be dropped in 2021. I agree there is no way to know who has been vaccinated and who has not. And the idea of "showing your papers" does not appeal to me. So I wouldn't anticipate until sometime 2022. January 1 would be nice.

bdearl41

Mask requirements will not be dropped in 2021. I agree there is no way to know who has been vaccinated and who has not. And the idea of "showing your papers" does not appeal to me. So I wouldn't anticipate until sometime 2022. January 1 would be nice.
This will be interesting to watch. I could see them dropped by end of summer. IHME has mask use projected down to 10% by August.

Crunchie9

"Might not be dropped" Your statement isn't fact. Its assumptive at best, and a coin flip at worst.

Daily Magic

I’m here right now and at times I feel like it already has “gone away”. I’ve never been a fan of proximity at lines at Disney (or other park), but multiple times on multiple rides I’ve had the party behind us bumping into my backpack and the kids crawling in line in front of us. We don’t like to create scenes but it got so bad that we’ve said something a few times. It’s really annoying and people aren’t getting to the ride any faster by being within distance to see the individual hairs on the back of my neck.

As for masks, I see people walking through the parks, through the lines, and on the resort grounds without masks on. Not even pulled down, just no mask to be seen at all. For a few they are sipping some water and it goes right back up but for others it looks like they couldn’t tell you what a mask was if you asked.

With the new photo policy I’m all for the extra freedom to make a memory without a mask but not for people crowding you in lines or walking around maskless in places they should be asked to behave.

disneygeek90

I’m here right now and at times I feel like it already has “gone away”. I’ve never been a fan of proximity at lines at Disney (or other park), but multiple times on multiple rides I’ve had the party behind us bumping into my backpack and the kids crawling in line in front of us. We don’t like to create scenes but it got so bad that we’ve said something a few times. It’s really annoying and people aren’t getting to the ride any faster by being within distance to see the individual hairs on the back of my neck.
Agree with this. Pandemic or no pandemic there is literally no reason to be breathing down the person's neck in front of you. You're not getting to the ride any faster. Yesterday I had someone nearly walking on my heels as we practically ran through the FoP queue. You'd think the markers would be fairly straightforward and people still figure out a way to ignore it (and for whatever reason like being super close to strangers?). I don't know, it's weird.

TokyoMiki

Pandemic or no pandemic there is literally no reason to be breathing down the person's neck in front of you. You're not getting to the ride any faster.

Why is it 90 to 98% of people can't understand that? There is something compelling these antcy Nancy's in line to not allow empty space. It bothers them so much seeing a 5 foot gap or more like an itch they can't scratch.

CLEtoWDW

Just want to put this out there. Real data from US: chance of contracting Covid after fully vaccinated is 0.007%. That’s Lower than the interest you earn on your checking account. Get your shot. Get back to normal.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Well said.
I’m 100% in favor of Ron DeSantis said regarding masking of vaccinated individuals. It’s total nonsense to require fully vaccinated individuals to mask and it undermines the entire rationale of getting vaccinated in the first place. I got vaccinated because I’m ready to return to life as normal and these silly mask policies make that not possible. Enough of the nonsense.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Well said.
I’m 100% in favor of Ron DeSantis said regarding masking of vaccinated individuals. It’s total nonsense to require fully vaccinated individuals to mask and it undermines the entire rationale of getting vaccinated in the first place. I got vaccinated because I’m ready to return to life as normal and these silly mask policies make that not possible. Enough of the nonsense.
I agree . Vaccination makes you 100% immune to catching the virus and passing it on to someone else who isn't vaccinated .
the big bang theory sarcasm GIF

Lilofan

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Well said.
You are mistaken and will be saddened when private business continue to post their rules - No mask, no service.

Michaelson

Why is it 90 to 98% of people can't understand that? There is something compelling these antcy Nancy's in line to not allow empty space. It bothers them so much seeing a 5 foot gap or more like an itch they can't scratch.
How many years have we been told 'fill in all the spaces' by CM's?

We've just been trained VERY well! :cool:

Regards! Michaelson

Chi84

Premium Member
I live in Louisiana and it seems that just about everyone can get it now if they want to. Is it not like that in other states?
There’s a difference between eligibility and availability. In my part of Illinois, everyone is eligible but it’s very difficult to get an appointment because supply is still limited.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Well said.

But in public places where vaccinated and un-vaccinated people have to mix it would be a challenge to have two sets of mask rules. It would make enforcement difficult and it's made even harder by Desantis's executive order forbidding businesses from asking vaccination status.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom