News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

Lilofan

Mears operated a similar service before Magical Express rolled out in the mid 2000’s.

I would expect this service to function very similar to DME just without the Disney branding. Mears was running DME all along anyway.
I believe back in the day before DME , Mears was charging $35 per person round trip but that was over 10 years ago.

UNCgolf

Will hotel room delivery of luggage even be possible without Disney involved? Obviously they could credential people to do it, but is there any incentive for Disney to do so when it's not a service they're providing as a perk and they're not getting any of the profits from it?

I don't know that they'll be on board with letting random people come in to deliver luggage, and I imagine they'd prefer you rent a car to carry your luggage so they will get the resort parking fees.

lazyboy97o

Will hotel room delivery of luggage even be possible without Disney involved? Obviously they could credential people to do it, but is there any incentive for Disney to do so when it's not a service they're providing as a perk and they're not getting any of the profits from it?

I don't know that they'll be on board with letting random people come in to deliver luggage, and I imagine they'd prefer you rent a car to carry your luggage so they will get the resort parking fees.
Disney could charge the luggage service for access.

note2001

1 - Oh, Uber drivers will get my luggage from the carousel and deliver it to my room?

2 - I also don't need car seats in an Uber??

3 - Ubers are just as safe as Magical Express at 11pm at night for me and my 3 young kids to take???

4 - And Uber is free in Florida????

5 - Nice! Guess I don't need Magical Express after all!

1 - Mears isn't going to do it either.
2 - Good one. In over 20 ME trips, I have never seen car seats in the ME
3 - I've been on a ME that nearly flipped at 11pm as the driver was a fool and kept taking U-turns over the medians. Tell me that was safe.
4 - What makes you think ME is free? You're paying for it even if you don't think you are.
5 - Great! Have fun!

UNCgolf

1 - Mears isn't going to do it either.
2 - Good one. In over 20 ME trips, I have never seen car seats in the ME
3 - I've been on a ME that nearly flipped at 11pm as the driver was a fool and kept taking U-turns over the medians. Tell me that was safe.
4 - What makes you think ME is free? You're paying for it even if you don't think you are.
5 - Great! Have fun!

And you're still going to be paying for it after the service ends.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And you're still going to be paying for it after the service ends.

Disney's going to raise prices one way or another, doesn't matter. You'll not be paying for the service through Disney beyond 2021 if that's what you mean.
Waitasec. I've never used ME, but I paid for it.

That means everyone who's ever used it owes *me* money!!

UNCgolf

Disney's going to raise prices one way or another, doesn't matter. You'll not be paying for the service through Disney beyond 2021 if that's what you mean.

You can't argue on one hand that you were already paying for DME and thus it wasn't free, while also arguing that you won't be paying for it once the service stops even though the price of a room isn't going to change. Those are mutually exclusive arguments.

If the price of DME was baked into the room rates before (and it was), the fact that the room rates aren't going to change once it stops means you're essentially still paying for it, while also having the extra expense of whatever new service someone uses instead. Otherwise you'd have to argue that DME was free because the room rate was the same regardless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom