News Magic Kingdom's Main Street Confectionery closing for refurbishment

DisneyDreamerxyz

I used to work in the confectionery and was always surprised how everyone thought everything in the caseline was made there.
Honestly most of it we take out of a box shipped in from somewhere else and then make it look pretty in the case.
The only items made on site are the crispy treats (not the ones already on a stick, those are shipped in too)
Of course they hand decorate/drizzle the apples/crispys/etc (

The backstage areas are very tight to work in and alot of of the working spaces are old and dirty.

ToTBellHop

I used to work in the confectionery and was always surprised how everyone thought everything in the caseline was made there.
Honestly most of it we take out of a box shipped in from somewhere else and then make it look pretty in the case.
The only items made on site are the crispy treats (not the ones already on a stick, those are shipped in too)

The backstage areas are very tight to work in and alot of of the working spaces are old and dirty.
The Magic is gone.

Sir_Cliff

Hopeful for a nice refresh of this space. The current location/design is from the 1990s and has been looking dingy for years IMO. I believe there were moving tracks of candy “shipments” around the ceiling originally that were shut off then removed years ago (though my memory is fuzzy on that).
Yes, without knowing whether the product line-up or the interiors will be better or worse, I also find the interior a bit 90s and not super well-themed. I think if the current version opened now most people would complain.

CaptainAmerica

Most of it is made on WDW property by WDW cast members though, isn't it? I feel like I distinctly remember something like a "central bakery" that makes a lot of those treats and then sends them around property.

mm52200

Most of it is made on WDW property by WDW cast members though, isn't it? I feel like I distinctly remember something like a "central bakery" that makes a lot of those treats and then sends them around property.
Not the ones they’re talking about...you’ll notice they’re very similar to the treats sold in the same kind of stores at Universal.

castlecake2.0

no. it's shipped in from out of state, the fudge, brownies, cookies anything like that. I can't remember where but the label definitely wasn't Disney. I did my college program there in 2017.
I guess it depends on the item. I worked full service food and beverage and all our desserts were made in the central kitchen and bakery and sent to us for final prep. The only thing not made on property was a couple of the garnishes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom