News Magic Kingdom's Main Street Confectionery closing for refurbishment

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
There's always the Epcot way...
View attachment 542467
Yes!!!!! Pop ups all around the entrance hub!!

"House of Magic is back for a limited time during the Spring Nostalgia Festival!!"
Could you imagine the t-shirt and merchandising!!??

We should probably shut up about this...if anyone from TDO is reading this could turn very unfunny quick. ;)

aladdin2007

The Chapeu could easily be relocated to that little retail space next to Casey's that they throw the old yearly merchandise in. It's just like a catch all with a counter to check out at (though I'd argue it could go anywhere and Casey's needs a reconfiguration too).

This was needed. I do worry about losing some of the charm but we will see. It did feel a bit 90s thinking about it. And they really do need more room. It gets very uncomfortable in there at times.

I'd also argue they need to rearrange The Emporium while they're at it. It's such a terrible shopping experience.

its nothing but walmart toddler isles anymore.

disneyC97

They could permanently put The Chapeau in the generic shop next to the Town Square Theater. There’s nothing there that’s not in The Emporium or multiple other shops in the MK.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Main Street Confectionery opens in temporary location at Main Street Cinema​

Main-Street-Cinema-The-Art-of-Disney_Full_41505.jpg

ToTBellHop

The Chapeau now closed at the Magic Kingdom​

The-Chapeau_Full_41518.jpg
I wonder if they’ll retire “The Chapeau” as a moniker.

Happy to see there are still caramel apples available. It’s a quintessential Magic Kingdom treat for my family (and I know they’re sold elsewhere, but some things just taste better near Cinderella Castle, like ice cream I could buy at the grocery store).

mikejs78

Premium Member
I wonder if they’ll retire “The Chapeau” as a moniker.

Happy to see there are still caramel apples available. It’s a quintessential Magic Kingdom treat for my family (and I know they’re sold elsewhere, but some things just taste better near Cinderella Castle, like ice cream I could buy at the grocery store).
Off topic, and I'm probably wrong, but I was always under the impression that the ice cream sold on Main Street was a more premium version of Edy's that can't be sold in grocery stores (due to how ice cream much be made for grocery storage), much in the same way that the Mickey Premium Bars that one can buy at the grocery store are demonstrably of lesser quality than the ones that you can buy at a Disney theme park.

MrPromey

Off topic, and I'm probably wrong, but I was always under the impression that the ice cream sold on Main Street was a more premium version of Edy's that can't be sold in grocery stores (due to how ice cream much be made for grocery storage), much in the same way that the Mickey Premium Bars that one can buy at the grocery store are demonstrably of lesser quality than the ones that you can buy at a Disney theme park.

Not trying to question your assertion that the mickey bars in stores aren't inferior but in what way are they demonstrably of lesser quality?

Having gotten the store ones, it seems like they're smaller but I've never seen any kind of side-by-side comparison on the size or the quality so I'm not even sure the size difference is real and not just in my own head.

ToTBellHop

Interesting. I wouldn’t be surprised if the ice cream in big tubs that scoop shops everywhere use differs in composition from what you see in grocery stores.

Monkee Girl

I still miss watching them make the fudge in there. They ruined the confectionary several years ago when they did away with a lot of their hand made treats. I hardly go in there anymore and will go even less if they completely get rid of the rest of it!
Agree with this. This was pre-covid when I started noticing the fresh made stuff going away. And the pre-packaged things just weren't good. We did LOVE to get the boxes of chocolate covered pretzels but watched as they slowly got more and more expensive if you can even find them anymore. But they made the best Disney souvenirs for friends back home. I slowly started going in there less as less as well as they didn't have anything new or different to offer.

note2001

Agree with this. This was pre-covid when I started noticing the fresh made stuff going away. And the pre-packaged things just weren't good. We did LOVE to get the boxes of chocolate covered pretzels but watched as they slowly got more and more expensive if you can even find them anymore. But they made the best Disney souvenirs for friends back home. I slowly started going in there less as less as well as they didn't have anything new or different to offer.
I used to always bring home some fresh made treats for family after we returned and to share. It made them feel like they had a bite of the main street magic and helped to lift the end-of-vacation blues a bit.

As the prices more than tripped and pre-bagged and boxed items were the way to go I stopped that habit altogether. We're all healthier for it, but it's a sad bit of nostalgia washed away that Disney could not afford to leave a penny on the table to keep guests happy.

The new counter with personalized treats holds promise, but we all know Disney will charge a premium for them. I for one will not partake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom