The Downtown Disney Thread

MarvelCharacterNerd

It's a better use of the space than keeping it empty or shoving a random food truck in front of it. I really enjoy the architecture for that building and I'm happy to see it used and not torn down. Though I still think an Indy-themed table service restaurant would be perfect there.

Now, if they'd just figure out a way to retheme the ESPN Zone to the Stark Expo and make that the Marvel store...

TP2000

Disney Parks Blog is hinting at Rainforset Cafe being replaced with Star Wars Trading Post

Perfection.

The Rainforest Cafe closed three years ago. That entire west end of the Stay-At-Home Order & Go Shopping Mall! has been abandoned and closed for over a year.

So to celebrate, and encourage people to buy more Star Wars merchandise in the middle of Sacramento's Stay-At-Home Order, they are going to turn the old jungle themed 1990's restaurant into a jungle themed Star Wars store.

You couldn't make this up if you tried! It's absolute perfection of what life, and language, is like in 2021. 🤣

Stay At Home, Save Lives! But Still Go Shopping For Star Wars Merchandise You Need To Survive The Pandemic!

MarvelCharacterNerd

Stay At Home, Save Lives! But Still Go Shopping For Star Wars Merchandise You Need To Survive The Pandemic!
Hey, I will absolutely credit The Mandalorian as helping my mental health/happiness levels throughout all of this, so if someone else needs a Baby Yoda plushie to cuddle right now (I have mine!), I'm not gonna judge! :D

1611001380709.png

Homemade Imagineering

If they’re gonna decide to go all out on this Star Wars theme for RFC, I hope they’re really dedicated. Once everything is safe again, I hope they take the opportunity to refurbish the rest of the building and turn the entire thing into a theme restaurant again complete with AAs. I could totally see Woolamander AAs scattered throughout the place, among other creatures from Yavin 4, assuming that’s the planet they’re going with. Plus, RFC’s animatronics were all manufactured by a third party fabricator located in Florida (Dave Ensign aka Hoot Gibson actually worked for them for some time), and because of that the AAs were more rudimentary when compared to your standard AA figure in a Disney Park. WDI could roll out a fleet of A1000 figure series creatures and make this restaurant something special again! One can only hope.

Stevek

If they’re gonna decide to go all out on this Star Wars theme for RFC, I hope they’re really dedicated. Once everything is safe again, I hope they take the opportunity to refurbish the rest of the building and turn the entire thing into a theme restaurant again complete with AAs. I could totally see Woolamander AAs scattered throughout the place, among other creatures from Yavin 4, assuming that’s the planet they’re going with. Plus, RFC’s animatronics were all manufactured by a third party fabricator located in Florida (Dave Ensign aka Hoot Gibson actually worked for them for some time), and because of that the AAs were more rudimentary when compared to your standard AA figure in a Disney Park. WDI could roll out a fleet of A1000 figure series creatures and make this restaurant something special again! One can only hope.
Agreed. Go full on Yavin, put a SW Cantina and Restaurant in addition to a retail store. More than enough space though you can bet the demand will be very high for a dining experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom