News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

So sad and so very true... If you experienced the park when it was new, there was no concrete expanse in the hub...it was water and trees and landscape within the walls created by the two Communicore buildings... The original design was amazing... what they did to it leading us to this point was not so great... They should have revitalized from the original plan.,, updating materials and surfaces... I agree with moving the fountain to a central axis point...But destroying half the "act 1 " Experience leaves the overall lopsided...

J4546

i think itd be chill if they just made the central hub and innovations west building area a forested tree covered area. All of it under a canopy of green, id be down with that.

Oh heres another (terrible but still im sharing) idea i just had. make play pavilion the imagination pavilion because thats what it already is right? A giant character meet n greet imagination place? Def give figment a major role in it. Then demolish IP, create a camp expidition attraction like shanghai disney land. A big giant mountain would look cool and and fit in with the land/seas pavilions and create and entire nature side of the park. Plus with the mountain, you could have it wrap around to canada pavilion and incorprate into the land and create a new river rapids ride with an entrance in canada pavilion like shanghai that intertwines the mountain.

Bocabear

What is the point of a giant football field-sized forested area ? I didn't pay $100.00 to walk around a forested area... How does that make for a better experience? Less to do is better? Let's remember the lines at the parks continue to get longer and longer, there are less attractions than ever, and now some people want the front half of the park turned into a forest and special event space that most will never be able to use? Maybe it sounds good on paper...Disney doesn't have to have buildings or attractions... Bean counters have to LOVE that idea...

DreamfinderGuy

What is the point of a giant football field-sized forested area ? I didn't pay $100.00 to walk around a forested area... How does that make for a better experience? Less to do is better? Let's remember the lines at the parks continue to get longer and longer, there are less attractions than ever, and now some people want the front half of the park turned into a forest and special event space that most will never be able to use? Maybe it sounds good on paper...Disney doesn't have to have buildings or attractions... Bean counters have to LOVE that idea...
I don't like it either but objectively a water play area is an upgrade over "building that hasn't been used in over five years and is literally falling apart due to not being maintained". Same goes for whatever is happening at Wonders of Life. Things could've been done *far* better, but anything that actually utilizes the space would be preferred over leaving the building sit for even longer.

LastoneOn

You'll know what is there before you pay. Don't like why is offered, don't go.

Forest area would be fine with me. Something calm, park like, nice contrast to all the concrete. Not every land or world has to be concrete, glass. Nobody is being forced to go. Wanting things is fine, but you act like you've been ripped off by Disney because they're not building what you want - and darn sure haven't paid for yet.

LastoneOn

So sad and so very true... If you experienced the park when it was new, there was no concrete expanse in the hub...it was water and trees and landscape within the walls created by the two Communicore buildings...
I thought you didn't like trees, water, landscape...

Horizons1

I don't like it either but objectively a water play area is an upgrade over "building that hasn't been used in over five years and is literally falling apart due to not being maintained". Same goes for whatever is happening at Wonders of Life. Things could've been done *far* better, but anything that actually utilizes the space would be preferred over leaving the building sit for even longer.
It’s sad that we are at a stage where losing a mammoth building which has so much potential to a water play area is considered an “upgrade” due to neglect. I mean I get what you are saying, but still.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't like it either but objectively a water play area is an upgrade over "building that hasn't been used in over five years and is literally falling apart due to not being maintained".
The building is in good shape. Perfect to be reused, even without the 1994 extension.

It would be such a short sighted decision.

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
s-l1600.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Imagine if they had just kept the buildings, but put something worthwhile inside. Instead of spending millions on demolition - millions could have been spent on some engaging content, and dare I say it - actual attractions that people would visit in the spine of the park. At the end of all this there wont be anymore to do, actually less than there was previously in those spaces. It is a waste.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Imagine if they had just kept the buildings, but put something worthwhile inside. Instead of spending millions on demolition - millions could have been spent on some engaging content, and dare I say it - actual attractions that people would visit in the spine of the park. At the end of all this there wont be anymore to do, actually less than there was previously in those spaces. It is a waste.
So so true.

I’ve even said it before NW could hold a sizeable dark ride.

Bocabear

I thought you didn't like trees, water, landscape...
I do in fact...they were removed back in the 90s creating the giant concrete courtyard... Leave the symmetry of the buildings and utilize them...Bring back the original landscape plan moving the Fountain Of Nations to the central axis point and it is all amazing again... Fresh new materials on the existing buildings would have kept the architecture relevant...and it all beats demolition and nothing which is what is planned...a special event lawn for more temporary kiosks... I just don't see how you can cheer that as a great change to the park...

DreamfinderGuy

The building is in good shape. Perfect to be reused, even without the 1994 extension.

It would be such a short sighted decision.
Maybe structurally, but cosmetically the Northwest quadrant was in awful shape on the inside. Ceiling falling apart, literal ruins of old Innoventions exhibits, etc. Nothing a good gut job wouldn’t have solved of course, but it was nowhere near show ready beyond the small little corridor they kept open after they pulled the plug on Innoventions.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe structurally, but cosmetically the Northwest quadrant was in awful shape on the inside. Ceiling falling apart, literal ruins of old Innoventions exhibits, etc. Nothing a good gut job wouldn’t have solved of course, but it was nowhere near show ready beyond the small little corridor they kept open after they pulled the plug on Innoventions.
Peanuts to fix. It would be akin to knocking down your house instead of changing the wallpaper.

DreamfinderGuy

Peanuts to fix. It would be akin to knocking down your house instead of changing the wallpaper.
Give it another 25 years and maybe a new team will look at this overhaul the same way the current team looked at EPCOT '94. Mistakes might be a little harder to fix that time around, but hey you never know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom