Hall of Presidents Refurbishment Watch

Capt. Hook

In the Parks
No
I'm wondering how they'll be able to fit all of the AAs on the stage if they continue adding new ones as they are elected.
Maybe if it starts getting too crowded with AAs, they could rearrange so that half of the presidents are standing on stage, and the other half descend from the ceiling riding flower- adorned swings like CBJ's Teddi Barra.

Animaniac93-98

Just my opinion, but it would make the show seem a little empty without continuing this tradition. Part of what makes this attraction special is honoring the sitting POTUS while never forgetting those who came before.

That tradition didn't exist until 1993. When it was originally designed It was never an intended part of the experience, even going back to the late 1950s when it was first proposed for Disneyland.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Personally, for the 50th Anniversary, I'd like them to go back to the original 1971 presentation (with all presidents up to Biden included).

Then after the 50th they can being back the 2017 show with or without a Biden speech.
This! Only after the 50th... Muppets.
Muppets of a 'Murica.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’ve said it elsewhere but I wouldn’t be surprised if on January 20th they did what they did with in 2001 - run the current show but remove the sitting presidents speech and move the figure until ready to install Mr.Biden. Given the time and money put into the current (IMHO excellent) show format I don’t see it changing drastically.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I’ve said it elsewhere but I wouldn’t be surprised if on January 20th they did what they did with in 2001 - run the current show but remove the sitting presidents speech and move the figure until ready to install Mr.Biden. Given the time and money put into the current (IMHO excellent) show format I don’t see it changing drastically.
I think you are very likely right with that.

ppete1975

Ah. well if they’re cheaping out on that ride that bad, they could close it..but there’s been 1 term presidents in there before.

But, FYI a lot of people have been posting ominous messages today with subtle hints that ‘Biden won’t make it out of his first term’ like a very low key threat against him- which reeeely doesn’t belong in this thread.
I think its age not something bad happening. I think he will be just fine. If you are president you have access around the clock to the best drs 24/7 that prob run tests frequently. Just look at how long former presidents live.

GimpYancIent

This! Only after the 50th... Muppets.
Muppets of a 'Murica.
I'm lobbying for these guys.
1604877404171.png

JohnD

Original Poster
Who is going to be the new narrator for the update for the Hall of President including Joe Biden.I’m
I’m sure someone knows the name of the current female narrator but I don’t think many know. So does the narrator have to be someone well known? The last well known narrator was Morgan Freeman for Obama.

BasiltheBatLord

W
Was the reason for this because the incumbent President AA was not ready in time due to the 2000 election not being decided until December?

danv3

So in the new version, will they actually say Trump's name? Because in the current version, I think all the narrator says is "And now we come to the present" after listing the previous 44. (Trump says his own name when reciting the oath of office, but that's it IIRC.)

Since they are likely to move the current president out of the way, do you think there is a chance they might move me into his place?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom