President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The U.S.

1604602257789.png

1604602276443.png

1604602300257.png

1604602373002.png

NickMaio

Honestly, to call this out of control would be the understatement of the century. 1 in 30 people are dying of this in red zones.
"no big deal" as someone eloquently put it. 1 in 30 is a huge deal.
I pray that things get better before they get worse.
Stay safe, wash your hands and wear your masks.......for everyone.
Take care

rowrbazzle

Honestly, to call this out of control would be the understatement of the century. 1 in 30 people are dying of this in red zones.
Take care
I think those are case rates, not deaths.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Yes and no. Population density makes things more challenging for sure, but it’s not all just rural vs urban. The top 3 worst states on per capita cases are considered pretty rural. Both PA and Ohio are top 10 lowest cases per capita and they both have multiple large urban centers. Different responses in different states do appear to be making a difference.

View attachment 510722

View attachment 510723
Yipes, to see the number of deaths in NY spelled out here. :(

Yeah, I said I was done with the thread but call it a flair for the dramatic.

BrianLo

Adjusting for population... France posted a number of new cases today that would be similar to the US posting 295k... the other day Belgium posted a number that would be similar to US posting 681k!

Just some interesting contextualization of where they are and why they needed to take the measures they did.

I do think this lends credence to the US being susceptible to worse numbers (although it’s too large to ever be coordinated enough to post Belgium like numbers country wide). Certainly another doubling (200k) is theoretically feasible.

It also dashes the misplaced hope that anywhere has achieved enough Penetrance to prevent a huge second wave. Belgium up until recently carried the worst death rates of any country (excluding tiny island nations) and is seeing their death count return towards the previous peak.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Take care

Where did you get the 1 in 30 number from?

Chip Chipperson

NJ is likely going to be implementing more restrictions again. Murphy hasn't said what restrictions will be brought back but a family member who runs a restaurant heard a rumor that indoor dining will be shut down again. It's just a rumor for now, but Murphy said he's definitely going to do something. We had consecutive days over 2,000 cases for the first time in 6 months and positivity today was 7.74%.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
NJ is likely going to be implementing more restrictions again. Murphy hasn't said what restrictions will be brought back but a family member who runs a restaurant heard a rumor that indoor dining will be shut down again. It's just a rumor for now, but Murphy said he's definitely going to do something. We had consecutive days over 2,000 cases for the first time in 6 months and positivity today was 7.74%.
They are starting to shut schools down again near me in PA. Any school that has an outbreak of cases is being asked to go full virtual at least for a little while. Apparently there’s a handful of districts with confirmed outbreaks already going. So far my kid‘s district hasn’t been called yet. Not a great trend to see. I don’t expect a full stay at home order again, but I assume they may try to limit gatherings.

We really need a National call to limit Thanksgiving gatherings or ask people to wear masks and distance if they do get together. I know it sucks but with community spread raging all over it’s a recipe for disaster to have So many people get together.

corgi3

Its
They are starting to shut schools down again near me in PA. Any school that has an outbreak of cases is being asked to go full virtual at least for a little while. Apparently there’s a handful of districts with confirmed outbreaks already going. So far my kid‘s district hasn’t been called yet. Not a great trend to see. I don’t expect a full stay at home order again, but I assume they may try to limit gatherings.

We really need a National call to limit Thanksgiving gatherings or ask people to wear masks and distance if they do get together. I know it sucks but with community spread raging all over it’s a recipe for disaster to have So many people get together.
The virus is everywhere in Nebraska now....where are the hoaxers that have filled this thread? Oh wait, election is over now. No need to influence now.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
This. Sadly, the least we can expect is folks claiming it to be a “War Against Thanksgiving” movement.

Heppenheimer

So what’s Vermont doing? They have the lowest numbers of cases for the USA.
Our numbers have been going up too, lately. An indoor hockey match in Montpelier has now been linked to over a hundred cases. I'll save my rant against the "sports at all costs" types who would have organized such an event.

My hospital still has no in-patient cases since the spring, but its only a matter of time until we have another.

As to why we kept our numbers so low for so long... well, I don't have time now, but I'll go through the factors later. Some are unique to Vermont and would be difficult to replicate elsewhere, but most of the other reasons are the same things we've been talking about for months.

Kevin_W

Popping in to share this absolutely horrid number

There is almost nothing good in those charts, but I'm glad to see that our testing capacity is at least still increasing. Hopefully that means that people who have potentially been exposed can still get a test in a reasonable amount of time and there is enough capacity for people to have non-critical hospital procedures. (In my state, hospitalizations for Covid has quadrupled in the past month but it's still only at 7.7% of total beds.)

Chip Chipperson

Its

The virus is everywhere in Nebraska now....where are the hoaxers that have filled this thread? Oh wait, election is over now. No need to influence now.

Sadly, I'm now seeing people on other sites and social media who were all aboard the "it's going away on 11/4" train now flipping to the "here come the inevitable COVID-19 power grabs" train as if they weren't still claiming on Monday that nobody would care about it as soon as the polls closed Tuesday night. I can't tell if it's a coping mechanism to trick themselves into not worrying about it or if there has been a drastic increase in people who will buy into any Alex Jones type of conspiracy theory that comes along and are willing to just change arguments midstream just to avoid admitting they were wrong.

Disstevefan1

Sadly, I'm now seeing people on other sites and social media who were all aboard the "it's going away on 11/4" train now flipping to the "here come the inevitable COVID-19 power grabs" train as if they weren't still claiming on Monday that nobody would care about it as soon as the polls closed Tuesday night. I can't tell if it's a coping mechanism to trick themselves into not worrying about it or if there has been a drastic increase in people who will buy into any Alex Jones type of conspiracy theory that comes along and are willing to just change arguments midstream just to avoid admitting they were wrong.
COVID is real but don’t worry Joe will fix it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom