Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

I got color coded carabiners all ready!
These are nice!
syr.jpg

JoeCamel

Making it official moving FL into phase 3 -

"There are four major provisions of the order:

-It removes all remaining state-level restrictions on businesses, including on bars and restaurants, which were capped at 75% capacity in Phase 3 of DeSantis' original reopening plan.

-It provides a general right to work and to operate a business. Local governments can limit and regulate businesses, but won’t be able to close businesses because of coronavirus concerns.

-Local governments won’t be able to prevent restaurants from operating at below 50% capacity. Under previous orders, local governments could go further than state-level restrictions, and counties in South Florida kept restaurants and bars closed after the state allowed them to reopen. Also, cities and counties won’t be able to impose any restrictions without an economic and health justification.

-Cities and counties can’t collect on any outstanding fines they issued as part of their pandemic response. The order, though, doesn’t compel local governments to refund anyone who has already paid a fine."

But does it remove the ability of local jurisdictions to require masks?

GoofGoof

Premium Member

-It removes all remaining state-level restrictions on businesses, including on bars and restaurants, which were capped at 75% capacity in Phase 3 of DeSantis' original reopening plan.

-It provides a general right to work and to operate a business. Local governments can limit and regulate businesses, but won’t be able to close businesses because of coronavirus concerns.

-Local governments won’t be able to prevent restaurants from operating at below 50% capacity. Under previous orders, local governments could go further than state-level restrictions, and counties in South Florida kept restaurants and bars closed after the state allowed them to reopen. Also, cities and counties won’t be able to impose any restrictions without an economic and health justification.

-Cities and counties can’t collect on any outstanding fines they issued as part of their pandemic response. The order, though, doesn’t compel local governments to refund anyone who has already paid a fine."

There you have it. It’s official now. No state level restrictions on restaurants or bars. It looks like they softened on prohibiting localities from having any local restrictions and instead set a cap at 50% occupancy. There’s no details on whether localities can also require distancing and/or masks just that they can’t cap capacity below 50%.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But does it remove the ability of local jurisdictions to require masks?
It does say local governments can limit and regulate businesses but they just cannot cap capacity below 50%. Although it also says that the localities cannot collect on fines issued so you can set a requirement but you can’t find anyone for violating it. Maybe a backdoor to neutralize any local restrictions.

Jwink

I’m terrified about this. As you all know my husband works at Disney... and as you all know protection from the virus takes 2 masked people ... so what happens when Disney opens up to full capacity (phase 3 allows this) and masks are no longer required?!?! My husband has a heart condition- we’ve got 2 young kids.

JoeCamel

It does say local governments can limit and regulate businesses but they just cannot cap capacity below 50%. Although it also says that the localities cannot collect on fines issued so you can set a requirement but you can’t find anyone for violating it. Maybe a backdoor to neutralize any local restrictions.
Thanks - paywall

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’m terrified about this. As you all know my husband works at Disney... and as you all know protection from the virus takes 2 masked people ... so what happens when Disney opens up to full capacity (phase 3 allows this) and masks are no longer required?!?! My husband has a heart condition- we’ve got 2 young kids.
Disney is free to set their own requirements. The governor cannot force them to expand capacity or cancel their mask policy. It’s a private business. I’m confident Disney will maintain their progress and if anything if the full opening of bars causes a spike in FL it may actually slow their relaxing of restrictions.

IanDLBZF

Disney is free to set their own requirements. The governor cannot force them to expand capacity or cancel their mask policy. It’s a private business. I’m confident Disney will maintain their progress and if anything if the full opening of bars causes a spike in FL it may actually slow their relaxing of restrictions.
Other private businesses can set requirements as well.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

oceanbreeze77

I would be more afraid of more non compliance and bad behavior towards CMs.

"Well the state says blahblahblah.." "everywhere else blahblahblha..."

Jwink

If you are disagree with the stated safety protocols of your employer, seek alternative employment.

Now that you have been given warning of what is coming, take action to resolve the situation if it is that perilous.
Yeah yeah same old suggestion. Who cares that someone has built a career there for 15 years 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ Find another job. All I hear is the peanuts teacher.

Mark52479

That is exactly what it is. A backdoor.

Local communities can say you MUST still wear a mask but the State Executive Order says no fines can be given.

I truly believe this wont have much effect on Disney as they will continue to have strict guidelines.

JohnD

I

I wonder what this means for my trip in October.

“The Phase 3 order will allow theme parks to operate at full capacity and lift any restrictions on gatherings, although the state still is recommending people avoid crowded spaces.”

Granted Disney doesn’t have to lift capacity restrictions but they could.

Check out this article from Tallahassee Democrat:

DeSantis OKs state moving into Phase 3 of reopening, lifting most limits

sullyinMT

I wouldn’t worry about Disney relaxing their restrictions and capacities at the short term. I would, be terrified of other businesses in the area. I can picture in my head a crowded castle in medieval times, for example. Or, local grocery stores and Waffle Houses. I think even Publix and the other big players will keep restrictions on for a while.
While Uni has clearly allowed more people in as of late, I think even they have the sense to continue mandating masks (at least I hope so)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Finally the point has been reached where, now that guidance has been provided at nauseum, the public as in "We The People" can show responsibility, good sense and care going about living while dealing with this illness.
Think they’ll do well? Taking bets...
There you have it. It’s official now. No state level restrictions on restaurants or bars. It looks like they softened on prohibiting localities from having any local restrictions and instead set a cap at 50% occupancy. There’s no details on whether localities can also require distancing and/or masks just that they can’t cap capacity below 50%.
So much to say...and yet nothing to say.
Goodluck Florida.
You nailed that one.
Well...Florida doesn’t care what you think. But neither does anyone outside of Florida care what it thinks either.

The problems was never Florida keeping people out...it’s their that dingbat killed most of the desire from outside to go in.

This changes nothing for Disney...probably hurts them - actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom