Kermit has been working with Bob Weis, hmmmm? (EDIT: AND JOE RHODE?!?!)

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster
Here's my theory:

Hall of Presidents was being looked at for replacement very soon. Therefore, they announce this experience prior to the 2020 election. If they announce it afterwards, they look like they were trying to see who won the election, possibly dividing guests. However, Disney doesn't want this image, so they will announce this attraction beforehand to look better.

rick_

But in all seriousness, Muppets and Splash Mountain do not go together, IMO. No matter who's on the project, I couldn't see a Muppets storyline working here, although I totally see your logic here.
I honestly think they could pull it off. If they're setting DL's in a Louissiana Bayou, I don't think it'd be much different to assume they could pull something off with the Mississipi swamps of Kermit's home. If I remember correctly, the Muppets retheme was a fairly popular and well received alternative proposal bouncing around Distwitter right before the official news broke.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster
I honestly think they could pull it off. If they're setting DL's in a Louissiana Bayou, I don't think it'd be much different to assume they could pull something off with the Mississipi swamps of Kermit's home. If I remember correctly, the Muppets retheme was a fairly popular and well received alternative proposal bouncing around Distwitter right before the official news broke.
Perhaps. In my personal opinion, I feel like it's a stretch, but that's just my own two cents.

rick_

Here's my theory:

Hall of Presidents was being looked at for replacement very soon. Therefore, they announce this experience prior to the 2020 election. If they announce it afterwards, they look like they were trying to see who won the election, possibly dividing guests. However, Disney doesn't want this image, so they will announce this attraction beforehand to look better.
As sad as it'd be to see HOP go, this probably makes the most sense. It could be a nice quick addition to add before the 50th, though I could also see this just being for a revised version of great moments in history.

Homemade Imagineering

There still has to be a reason. They don't just call out some unknowns in imagineering for nothing.
Agreed. I believe someone mentioned the brave little spark song they did a few months ago with Kermit and Miss Piggy. The name itself sounds extremely reminiscent to One Little Spark, and is equally as upbeat. I could see an imagination redo in the future where the muppets join Figment and they all sing Brave Little Spark as well as One Little Spark. This is likely far from the case, but it would fit extremely well, and Figment himself is very much like a muppets character. Heck, he’s voiced by Dave Goelz so he would really work as a guest star to the muppets.

Surferboy567

For those keeping score:

Bob Weis (President of Imagineering)

- to

Joe Rhode (Legendary Imagineer) Currently thought to be working on Lighthouse Point? Known for his work on Imagination at EPCOT. Among lots of other Disney classic attractions.

- to

Zach Riddley (Portfolio Exec for Disney) has been super active on social media. He gave us a first look at the prisms at EPCOT.

If another imagineer is tagged something is up. It already is suspicious. Could mean nothing but there ya go.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster
For those keeping score:

Bob Weis (President of Imagineering)

- to

Joe Rhode (Legendary Imagineer) Currently thought to be working on Lighthouse Point? Known for his work on Imagination at EPCOT. Among lots of other Disney classic attractions.

- to

Zach Riddley (Portfolio Exec for Disney) has been super active on social media. He gave us a first look at the prisms at EPCOT.

If another imagineer is tagged something is up. It already is suspicious. Could mean nothing but there ya go.
So Imagination seems to be the link here....

_caleb

Here's my theory:

I'm @_caleb, and I approve of this message!

rick_

Correct me if I'm wrong, but although Rhode played the Dreamfinder in Imageworks, didn't he primarily work on the Mexico Pavillion?

now if they got Baxter involved, that would be a dead giveaway

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster
25EBC3BB-0167-4296-8EF8-E520AAD89979.jpeg

Homemade Imagineering

So Imagination seems to be the link here....
Honestly at this point I hope it is. Figment is basically a muppet himself, and with his personality he would work extremely well as a character to incorporate into an attraction redo. It would also bring older fans of the muppets as well as the original Journey into Imagination attraction to the park, so I see it as a win win. You could even include the Dreamfinder in this scenario.

So, here is a list of things that are similar between the Muppets and JII

-Both use rainbows in their content
-Figment was a puppet when he was a meet n greet with Dreamfinder. They could bring this design back.
-The characters in the muppets are equally as cartoony and childlike as Figment.
-They both feature iconic songs. One little Spark, and the Rainbow Connection. These could be featured together in a future attraction.
-The muppets are primarily aimed towards children audiences, as well as Figment and the Dreamfinder

these are just a few similarities I thought of off the top of my head. Feel free to speculate and discuss!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom