News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

UNCgolf

I admit what I saw was a year or more ago but the plan was a clone.

That makes more sense to me, to be honest. I was very surprised when I read they were planning to make changes/additions to the ride.

Makes more sense from a current Disney management perspective, that is. It's insane that they're cloning that mediocre shoehorned ride rather than building something new without all the constraints involved with using the existing Maelstrom location.

Mike S

Determining "ticket level" is like General Relativity: You have to define from whose point of view you're using.

Historical Paper Tickets
During the time of Paper Tickets, the ticket level was originally determined by the cost of the attraction. You paid more for attractions that were expensive to build. And so, the E-Ticket represented the highest price at the time for a ride on the most expensive rides.​
However, over time, the paper ticket system started to be used as crowd control. The various versions of Astro Orbiter are just spinners, and thus, started out as a B-Ticket. But because they had such a low capacity, they were bumped from B to C then even a D-Ticket. Alice in Wonderland went in reverse... as a popular new ride, it started as a D-Ticket, then went to C and finally, a B-Ticket.​

Post-Paper Tickets: Guests
Guests learned that the E-Ticket rides were the ones with the longest lines. Partly because they were very popular since Disney put a lot of money into it. But also the rides with low capacity and long lines were bumped up in 'grade' for crowd control. So, for the average guest, an "E-Ticket" is any ride that they really like and has long lines.​

Post-Paper Tickets: WDI
For Imagineering, they use the graded ticket level internally, but, AFAIK, there is no written guidelines of what qualifies a ride to be an "E-Ticket." It seems that for Imagineering, the level of immersion has to be top notch from outside, through the queue, and with with a ride system which is cutting edge with cutting edge SFX. Consequently, a ride that may have been an "E" decades ago, would not be considered as such if built today. So, sometimes the 'grade' of a ride has to be graded on a chronological curve.​
That last one is what I use and imo the most accurate since, you know, it’s used by the people actually building the things so they should know a thing or two about classification. Older rides are basically grandfathered in especially if they still wow guests to this day despite their age. This is why Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and It’s a Small World are still considered E Tickets even if they may not meet the complete standard set by a modern E Ticket like Rise of the Resistance.

rle4lunch

Is there a new completion timeline on this? We just got confirmation on our Poly lake view DVC room for our 8 days (we were split staying at SSR, but apparently they can't fill rooms at Poly the 2nd week of Dec), but we're only hitting Epcot on 1 day of the trip (for obvious reasons). Like for Rat and 220 to be operating when we get there. 🤞

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is there a new completion timeline on this? We just got confirmation on our Poly lake view DVC room for our 8 days (we were split staying at SSR, but apparently they can't fill rooms at Poly the 2nd week of Dec), but we're only hitting Epcot on 1 day of the trip (for obvious reasons). Like for Rat and 220 to be operating when we get there. 🤞
Completion possibly Octoberish. Opening... don’t know.

dreday3

Explain to me?

Why wait to open a ride that's completed (saying it's done in October) for guests to come back? Why not open it and use to entice guests to come back? Especially in a park that's struggling.

I'm sure there is a simple economic answer that I don't know, but just curious.

UNCgolf

Explain to me?

Why wait to open a ride that's completed (saying it's done in October) for guests to come back? Why not open it and use to entice guests to come back? Especially in a park that's struggling.

I'm sure there is a simple economic answer that I don't know, but just curious.

I think the insinuation is that they don't necessarily want to attract huge crowds right now.

Also, opening one new ride alone probably isn't going to result in a massive change in the number of people who are willing to travel to WDW at this time.

dreday3

I think the insinuation is that they don't necessarily want to attract huge crowds right now.

Also, opening one new ride alone probably isn't going to result in a massive change in the number of people who are willing to travel to WDW at this time.

I guess the ride itself wouldn't attract people to come, right now at least. Later in the year may be a completely different story. But another delayed opening may make people cancel trips booked later? We are going next May and I am specifically excited to see this attraction. If not open, we may consider postponing, again.

But the first part - if there are capacity limits in place, doesn't that negate the worry about huge crowds? I don't know.

UNCgolf

I guess the ride itself wouldn't attract people to come, right now at least. Later in the year may be a completely different story. But another delayed opening may make people cancel trips booked later? We are going next May and I am specifically excited to see this attraction. If not open, we may consider postponing, again.

But the first part - if there are capacity limits in place, doesn't that negate the worry about huge crowds? I don't know.

I would be pretty surprised if it's not open by next May. If things are still bad enough that they don't want to have it open by that point, I think we will all have bigger worries.

EricsBiscuit

To me that makes 0 sense. Uni was packed yesterday. It felt like March again. If their business is struggling they need more things to draw people in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom