Politics RUMOR: Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al to Redo Hall of Presidents

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

champdisney

He looks like a man that smells his own farts and says "Mmmm that's a good one Lin."
Yeah, I don’t care for Lin either. Something about him screams out PHONY!!!

Is he literally the one to call to rewrite history? If that’s the case they might as well get rid of the attraction altogether. We’re talking about an opening day attraction with loads of history for the Magic Kingdom Park itself. I don’t want another Hamilton-esque themed show designed to make a mockery of this country. As it is Hamilton itself is facing backlash.

Disney should focus on the projects they already announced instead of shelving them in favor of pandering to crybabies.

TrainsOfDisney

And does it matter if you don’t get every last detail? Maybe it would inspire people to go find out.

Exactly. As an American, I was VERY lost when watching Billy Elliot. The show inspired me to learn about the coal miners strike and how it affected people.

I mean with this logic I shouldn’t have ridden rise of the resistance because so much happens that references the entire Star Wars universe that unless you know every character you’ll be totally lost.

21stamps

So put this one in the rumor category for now because it's not a done deal as of yet. However, with three separate sources reporting the same negotiations to me, I'm certain things are being worked on, whether they come to fruition or not.

What I've been informed of is that Disney is interested in getting away from the polarization inherent in Hall of Presidents as it currently is formatted. They're also interested in not spending large sums each time a new president is elected. Therefore Disney has reached out and is in talks with Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al Yankovic to write and direct a new Hall of Presidents theater show that would be non partisan and more timeless. This would not be a direct import of Hamilton, but might feature some influence. I have no info whatsoever about the animatronics or the costumes, but I can't fathom Disney discarding them. I'm told the vision of the show is "historical but witty".

While I've been somewhat displeased with Disney as of late, I have to say this rumor could actually turn out well. If they can thread the needle of being humorous, witty, historical, and interesting, all while not being offensive, I'm all for it. Weird Al potentially being involved took me seriously by surprise, but I could see this working in a zany way.

How is the HoP considered “partisan”?

TeriofTerror

Yeah, I don’t care for Lin either. Something about him screams out PHONY!!!

Is he literally the one to call to rewrite history? If that’s the case they might as well get rid of the attraction altogether. We’re talking about an opening day attraction with loads of history for the Magic Kingdom Park itself. I don’t want another Hamilton-esque themed show designed to make a mockery of this country. As it is Hamilton itself is facing backlash.

Disney should focus on the projects they already announced instead of shelving them in favor of pandering to crybabies.
Says the person whining about a change to a theme park attraction.

brb1006

In the other thread there's a rumor that Splash is taking out 40 something animatronics. But it is based on a report by Jim "the Liar, pants on Fire" Hill. So take that one with a Andre the Giant sized grain of salt.
Jim Hill may be wrong, but there are times where he's correct. I also enjoy his podcast for obscure Disney facts and history with Len Testa.

brb1006

I didn't know he was in Ducktales, luckily I don't watch it. Because it would ruin it, I'd be seeing his condescending face whenever his character came on.

I prefer the animation from the original anyways.
You are seriously missing out on the new DuckTales series. It's been getting a lot of praise from animations fans (especially from people who grew up during the Disney Afternoon era). They already teased on NegaDuck becoming a plot point sometime in Season 3 (there was a special Darkwing Duck episode made in Season 2), and Kit and Molly are set to appear in Season 3. Also the Rescue Rangers made an appearance a few episodes ago.

brb1006

Speaking of Weird Al and Lin Manuel Miranda, Weird Al just posted "The Hamilton Polka" (which uses clips from the Disney+ version).

Did I mention that Miranda is a huge fan of Weird Al?

champdisney

Lin is an O away from an EGOT, and also has won a Pulitzer. He’s written two Tony Award winning musicals, you can critize his acting ability but the man knows how to write songs, he’s a lyrical genius I’m not sure how you can call him a phoney.
This is in response to my comment without directly responding to my comment, alrighty then.

Here’s why: I perceive Lin as a phoney by the way he carries himself. The bubbly, happy go-lucky personality never looks authentic to me as I have encountered plenty of people in my life with this kind of persona that I later find out to be the exact opposite in private. I might be wrong, I might be right. Who knows, it’s just an opinion.

As to his achievements, it has nothing to do with that. Many artists win all kinds of prestigious awards for their talents and a lot of them are still unkind when the cameras aren’t rolling. Again, just an opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom