Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all that’s happening and everything is closing down and they’ve had this idea for over a year ago . Now it’s when they wanna do the renovation on one of the most thrilling rides in magic kingdom.
This is certainly not a good idea and will be causing conflict forsure .

Rescue Ranger

shopDisney usually won’t list an item if it’s sold out.
I won't lie, while I had the Log Ride POP, I didn't have the 3 pack. Was waiting to get it. The moment this was announced, I went to eBay and bought it because I KNEW what was coming. I paid $40 and within less than 24hrs it's $300. Crazy.

TwilightZone

One last thing I want to place before I leave this nightmare thread to be.
Let's remove everything about song of the south's history alone and focus on the new ride.
The fact that princess and the frog, a movie that flopped but gained cult classic status was deamed worthy of disney for replacing one of their biggest rides is a HUGE deal. It's a sign that not only does disney listen to their customers but could also be a potential sign of future change from the company. Look towards the postives rather than type 185 pages on how disney is suddenly marxist for changing a ride.

JohnD

Being objective here: I’ll miss Splash Mountain. It’s a great ride. As for Princess and the Frog, I can’t imagine a ride system that complicated changing its current course. Like Maelstrom it will be rethemed over the same water track. So here’s hoping the music and AAs keep it enjoyable throughout. I’ll be interested in how they explain an incline and a drop for New Orleans though!

21stamps

Being objective here: I’ll miss Splash Mountain. It’s a great ride. As for Princess and the Frog, I can’t imagine a ride system that complicated changing its current course. Like Maelstrom it will be rethemed over the same water track. So here’s hoping the music and AAs keep it enjoyable throughout. I’ll be interested in how they explain an incline and a drop for New Orleans though!

Frog chase maybe?

Mr Mindcrime

However, changing this ride due to a vocal minority is wrong and dangerous.
The problem is, this is exactly what is happening and will keep happening. In today's environment, nothing is or will be safe. Once a change is accomplished or a statue torn down, the offended will go looking for something else. One might agree with this week's issue or protest, but watch out next week when they come after something you support. The tables will turn.

Common sense has left the building in part because society, now so more than ever, is about "me" and "my feelings" and less about others and the common good.

comics101

celluloid

Disney: mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most woke off us all
mirror: Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!!!
Magic
I've already been several times. No idea when I'll be back there but would be nice if it remained an option.

I am sure they will pass on the change unless it so well done they feel like it is worth it, but that culture tends to love anything cute and cartoony with rodents.
Also, they still sell Song of the South of home video there. So you know, Disney is making money of it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom