Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleed0range

If you know the ride’s development history, Song of the South was chosen largely due to the ability to repurpose the animatronics from Tomorrowland’s America Sings, not due to any undying love for the film.

Exactly. The ride itself was a cost savings measure. I’m actually excited that the retheme may give it some cool tech that will actually make the dark ride portions much cooler and not just repurposing old AAs.

If Disney won’t even release the film it’s based on then I think that says a lot about why change needed to happen.

Baloo62

How can one simultaneously champion the oppressed and downtrodden while fully supporting a corporate enterprise that charges privileged prices so exorbitant that none of them can afford to participate? Could it be that you privately prefer to not associate with the very people for whom you publicly claim to have such compassion? Interesting.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Sorry but your wrong. Disney doesn't keep having media days or giving away free trips to influencers just because. There's plenty of articles about how the parks are packed with young adults etc..
I'm sure there are a number of influencers, but back to my point social media is representative of the real world.

Captain Barbossa

DE02D369-515F-434B-AED8-88DFE7FCDE37.jpeg

Since I own a copy of Song of the South and 2 Uncle Remus books, I guess I’m now racist. I need to get rid of these and act as if they never existed ASAP!

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
Nope. definitely not here but this is the number 1,2,3, & 6 trending topics on twitter and there seems to be an overwhelming excitement to see this happen.

Definitely still negative comments but they are fair & few...
It’s almost like all the Negative comments are being told right here. I WONDER WHY?!?

davis_unoxx

It doesn’t need changing. If they want PatF build something new.

Or spend the budget where it’s really needed and fix what’s broken elsewhere.

Idiots.

I wonder how well it’s diverting interest from other items.
Think other attractions could be changed as well due to today's political environment?

StarWarsGirl

The Matterhorn could be *vastly* improved with new steel track, slight (more banking, etc) improvements to the track layout, and more comfortable ride vehicles. But it would be a huge expense to pull off, and until Disney gets a slew more complaints about how rough the ride is, they won't bother.
It does need a refurb, true.

No one's suggesting it be completely torn down just because it's old though, which was my point.

Homemade Imagineering

Whats Next?
Tiki Room?
Country Bear Jamboree?
Carousel Of Progress?
I never had a very close connection with Splash Mountain as others do since I never rode it as a small child, and I am definitely interested to see what Disney comes up with during this retheme, while also being disappointed that Splash is going away forever. I am however worried now that Disney will feel more comfortable to fully replace and demolish the untouchables, like you mentioned here, and what I am talking about isn’t touch ups or enhancements, but full on closures and replacements. To see POTC, HM, IASW, or any of these on the list above close would cause me lots of distress and I would be horribly devastated. It also worries me that there was a thread created by @WDW Pro with some of these untouchable attractions on them such as IASW, CBJ and COP, saying that they’d meet changes in the near future, but any of them fully closing isn’t likely. That last part hasn’t held up to be true as splash was on the list of attractions that might meet any changes within the next 5 years... I am hoping none of the other attractions listed are replaced, and right now I feel that I need reassurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom