I believe tickets expiration dates are changing right now?

Jenifurby

I have 6 family members with passes:
Not Extended yet:
2 Paid in full Gold Passes that expire 7/1/2020
1 Paid in full Platinum Plus that expired 6/1/2020 and renewed during closure to 6/1/2021
Extended:
2 Gold Passes and 1 Platinum Plus Pass that were monthly payments that I called Passholder line in May to resume payments after closure

surfsupdon

My paid in full Platinum Pass, set to expire in November, has not yet been extended. And when I click on "show eligible dates," it shows I am "Good to Go!" on each day after June 17, lol.

Lecegirl

I may have missed something before, but any word on how much the refund was if you choose not to extend, and is it too late to do that? I have a platinum pass paid in full set to expire in November and probably won’t be back again by the extended dates

DABIGCHEEZ

So what happens if you called them to have the partial refund of the paid in full AP? I called a few times over the last few months and they said someone would call us... which has not happened.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Mine still hasn’t changed (Platinum Plus, paid in full). It was originally a March 10, 2021 expiration that was extended to March 26, 2021 when the first closure period was announced, but hasn’t moved since then.

3BC95EDD-C27E-4AB3-9C6A-E340FF5566F8.jpeg

DABIGCHEEZ

Anyone see partial refunds rolling out yet?
Wondering the same. My daughter had an AP that expired a week ago. She had a trip scheduled in May to get a last visit in and will not be able to return until next summer at the earliest. It was paid in full at purchase and when I called... was told they would call us, which has not happened yet.

disneygeek90

I may have missed something before, but any word on how much the refund was if you choose not to extend, and is it too late to do that? I have a platinum pass paid in full set to expire in November and probably won’t be back again by the extended dates
Those that paid in full weren’t offered a refund technically. I think if you called and expressed enough concern they could issue a refund, but that wasn’t being advertised.

Last edited:

Hobnail Boot

My platinum pass expired in April and I was told when I called that it would be extended for however many days the parks were closed. It's not showing at all anymore online or on the app. Do I need to call? I'm going to renew but I can't if they don't extend it (held off originally with everything going on).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My platinum pass expired in April and I was told when I called that it would be extended for however many days the parks were closed. It's not showing at all anymore online or on the app. Do I need to call? I'm going to renew but I can't if they don't extend it (held off originally with everything going on).
In theory no, it should automatically extend. Hold tight for a day or so.

cmwade77

Those that paid in full weren’t offered a refund technically. I think if you called and expressed enough concern they could issue a refund, but that wasn’t being advertised.
Direct from the Disney World website:
If you are an Annual Passholder who has paid in full:
All active Walt Disney World Resort theme park and water park Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the parks.

As an alternative, and in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.
They are indeed giving a prorated refund based on this, if you call and ask for it, assuming your pass was paid in full.

Notes from Neverland

Our passes were supposed to expire in early April 2020. We renewed in Februaryish, but our date currently says April 2021. It'll be interesting to see how they handle situations where renewals already took place.

Millionaire2K

Has anyone who had their pass disappear from the app have their pass re-appear with an extension?

My pass expired on May 6th and has since disappeared from the app, I'm worried about it not showing on the app.

Thanks.

donsullivan

Premium Member
As another random note into this discussion. I have a Platinum Florida Resident pass that expires on AUG 10 using monthly payment. I chose to just hold on the payments until the re-opening and go from there. About 30 minutes ago, I was able to go onto the WDW website and purchase my AP renewal that takes me thru AUG 2021. So renewals of AP's are now available- they were not last week.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My paid in full Platinum Pass, set to expire in November, has not yet been extended. And when I click on "show eligible dates," it shows I am "Good to Go!" on each day after June 17, lol.

But I think that's blackout dates, not admission. There's a separate calendar for that.

ThatMouse

So it sounds like Disney is sticking to the no-refund policy even if you only got to use it for a month. I wonder if the next step is file a complaint with BBB?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom