Who should be excluded to help with the overcrowding problem.

jloucks

Price (cost) and Demand (crowds) are forever linked. It is a basic foundation of economics, as is Supply (park capacity).

You can only adjust one, by adjusting another.

There are little economic exceptions of course, like "induced demand". I argue, based on this, that even if WDW added 4 gates, you are not going to see lower crowd levels. Demand is heavily affected by supply, and if you increase supply, you are just going to increase demand. To put it another way, the reason a lot of people don't go, is because of crowd levels. You add more parks, you will bring these people back, which unfortunately just creates the same crowd level again and we start all over again.

lazyboy97o

Price (cost) and Demand (crowds) are forever linked. It is a basic foundation of economics, as is Supply (park capacity).

You can only adjust one, by adjusting another.

There are little economic exceptions of course, like "induced demand". I argue, based on this, that even if WDW added 4 gates, you are not going to see lower crowd levels. Demand is heavily affected by supply, and if you increase supply, you are just going to increase demand. To put it another way, the reason a lot of people don't go, is because of crowd levels. You add more parks, you will bring these people back, which unfortunately just creates the same crowd level again and we start all over again.
The crowds are a result of decreasing supply. Crowding is relative and does not correlate directly to attendance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I suppose for the more sheep then person with money to burn. For me it means finding another place to vacation. There are two edges to that sword.

My point is that “crowds” lead people to pay $130 for 3 hours in the Magic kingdom and thank Disney because there’s only a 15 minute wait on space mountain.

I bet I can find a post here right now talking about how great it is to use the rides in an amusement park at upcharge...because you can’t during the day when everyone has also paid for the rides 😳

eliza61nyc

I suppose for the more sheepish type person with money to burn. For me it means finding another place to vacation. There are two edges to that sword.
True but right now that edge isn't a problem. People finding alternate vacations isn't a concern right now.

Why does some one who chose to spend their money they way they want make them a sheep, which I suppose is to imply they are stupid??
Whether it's an upsell or spending 5k on a pocket book. If you earn it you get to spend it any way you wish. You always imply that someone who does these thing is somehow mentally challenged.

Goofyernmost

My point is that “crowds” lead people to pay $130 for 3 hours in the Magic kingdom and thank Disney because there’s only a 15 minute wait on space mountain.

I bet I can find a post here right now talking about how great it is to use the rides in an amusement park at upcharge...because you can’t during the day when everyone has also paid for the rides 😳
No, I understood what you were saying, I just think it foolish to pay extra for stuff that should be included already within those extremely high entrance fees. If they are bragging about how great it was that they were dragged over the Disney coals, fine that is up to them. However, myself, a ticket buying (multiple) person since 1983 and 46 vacation trips will not pay that amount and do not think that it is great to pay extra for something that one already has paid for to get into the damn place. I just won't so if that were the reason for keeping lines long, then it is having the opposite affect on me. I will just go elsewhere.

I just saw a report on the costs of the VIP tours. Let's say my family of 4 would like to go, in, let's say July. It would cost me $700.00 per hour per person with a minimum of 7 hours. A quick calculation of the cost would be $19000.00 plus the admission ticket. I think we can easily say that leaves a lot of us out of the experience. I still think that I have misunderstood that whole situation because I haven't spent that much to go there over the last 10 years combined. I know for some that is parking meter change but not for the vast majority of guests.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
True but right now that edge isn't a problem.
Why does some one who chose to spend their money they way they want make them a sheep, which I suppose is to imply they are stupid??
Whether it's an upsell or spending 5k on a pocket book. If you earn it you get to spend it any way you wish
Jesus, Liz...

We are aware of the concept of free choice and Laisse faire...

But Disney sells to a mass Audience. It’s not 55,000,000 “individuals” a year. That’s not how they price. We are all a faceless crowd.

In a mass market, it’s the consumers collective responsibility to question pricing and values. If they don’t...the supplier controls the model totally and it’s no longer “free market”. You’re defeating what you’re defending with every personal offense to questioning a corporation...it’s absolutely necessary.

Nobody is stopping anyone in their freedoms by saying counterpoints or even insults here

Goofyernmost

True but right now that edge isn't a problem. People finding alternate vacations isn't a concern right now.

Whether it's an upsell or spending 5k on a pocket book. If you earn it you get to spend it any way you wish. You always imply that someone who does these thing is somehow mentally challenged.
Because nothing in the place is worth that much money. Nothing, it's all plastic and motors. The experience isn't real, it's fantasy and I can sit in a chair and have a fantasy for free. If people want to spend their hard earned money on that don't make it sound like I am going to try and stop them because it is up to them, but that doesn't stop me from thinking that they are foolish, not stupid, but foolish. There is a difference and I call them sheep because they are being herded into the corral and convinced that they are missing out on something spectacular if they don't ante up.

Trackmaster

Nobody at all. In reality, more demand in this case is better for everyone. It allows more investment by the park, and longer operational hours. If people don't come, the park will reduce hours and cut staffing. That will cram the remaining people in the park for the fewer hours, and the lighter staff will have a hard time handling them. And you be riding anything new or exciting.

drizgirl

Nobody at all. In reality, more demand in this case is better for everyone. It allows more investment by the park, and longer operational hours. If people don't come, the park will reduce hours and cut staffing. That will cram the remaining people in the park for the fewer hours, and the lighter staff will have a hard time handling them. And you be riding anything new or exciting.
The level at which Disney will invest more and not reduce hours and cut staffing is purely arbitrary and set by Disney based on how much profit they desire. There's zero guarantee that a certain level of crowding will result in more investment in the parks.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
No, I understood what you were saying, I just think it foolish to pay extra for stuff that should be included already within those extremely high entrance fees.

I just saw a report on the costs of the VIP tours. Let's say my family of 4 would like to go, in, let's say July. It would cost me $700.00 per hour per person with a minimum of 7 hours. A quick calculation of the cost would be $19000.00 plus the admission ticket.s.

The pricing for a plaid VIP tour is per every 10 guests so it would be 14,000 dollars less than your estimate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom