News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Mac Tonight

Ok, So I've just stitching @marni1971's purposely vague sketches together. And I think I've worked out that the reverse launch, or the "fake-out" where the vehicles turn, happens inside the Energy building instead of in the launch tunnel. The issue I have is where the gravity building, as I've broken down the track in 3 parts, however I've marked in blue, the sections which don't seemingly connect to other parts??? Obviously, the track is 3-dimensional and so there is only so much a 2d representation can illustrate. But I'm wondering wha everyone could be thinking?

View attachment 441376
giphy.gif

BenJacobs

Obviously I don’t have any inside information, but from the previous photos it appears that the track banks to the right after the launch.

I assumed that the launch would be horizontal, and the banked turn is right at the end of the track, like one last thrill before returning to unload. As I don't think it's been stated anywhere that this will be an inclined launch, just that it's a reverse launch.

I see from your latest video that you changed your mind...

Last edited:

sedati

I assume an enhanced version of this tech from the films will be used so we can survive in space:
Have it flash like a convertible top over our open top ride vehicles.

sedati

I assumed that the launch would be horizontal, and the banked turn is right at the end of the track, like one last thrill before returning to unload. As I don't think it's been stated anywhere that this will be an inclined launch, just that it's a reverse launch.
Blog Mickey has some new pics of the tunnel structure going up:
http://blogmickey.com/2018/09/photo...s-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-roller-coaster/
I think the assumption was that it would be a horizontal section only, but I'm thinking the entry side may go vertical before it enters the main gravity building. It's taller than it seems there's need for, and I'm seeing angled braces for the topmost pieces. Hard to say from the pics, but steel's going in fast and we should have a clearer picture day by day.

EJ96

Re: Omni-Coaster:

Despite it being an insult to the source material, I would dearly love if they went full on fan service and created a load area in the style of Horizons'. It won't happen, but it would be sweet.
You’ll get a “Xandarian Pavilion” load area at best. I highly doubt there will be much classic EPCOT in the attraction aside from some music and maybe a quip or two in the narration.

October82

I don't think that after scientists have accepted the term "Big Bang" that they can start getting nitpicky over 'explosion' versus 'expansion'.

Not to mention you have the "period of expansion" happened in an incredibly short period of time at an incredibly short period after 'the big bang' (and not over the whole history of the universe) versus just general expansion currently happening an a much reduced rate.

If we wanted to get nitpicky...
As I understand it, most "scientists" did not agree with the term. The name actually originated from a critic of the theory who used the term "big bang" as a slur. Once that name was out there it stuck.

A similar thing happened with the Higgs/Boson particle or "god particle".

So as not to (further) derail the thread, I know it's a subject that a lot of people have questions about and it can be hard to find knowledgable people/resources, so if anyone has questions about the technical details/history, feel free to send me a PM.

jmuboy

So as not to (further) derail the thread, I know it's a subject that a lot of people have questions about and it can be hard to find knowledgable people/resources, so if anyone has questions about the technical details/history, feel free to send me a PM.

The final GOTG roof will still have the solar cells? Or some other texture?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom