Trip Report COMPLETED - (live) Building Castles in the Sky

MySmallWorldof4

We took a leisurely stroll to my favorite Disney restaurant. AK really is a beautiful park. It didn't feel quite as hot today as this week has been, and there was a nice gusty breeze. It was a very enjoyable walk along the water lilies. We got checked in and seated at Tusker House, and were immediately joined by Goofy
View attachment 412178

A dropped the pen. Then goofy dropped the pen. A tripped over her chair leg. Then goofy tripped. It was adorable 😂😂

We went to grab some food. Neither one of us had eaten breakfast and we were so hungry. A's plate
View attachment 412179

They should really call this phase of life the orange food phase. She ate almost all of this, plus two more donuts.

My first plate
View attachment 412182

I didn't like/eat the potatoes and A stole my chocolate croissant, but the rest was delicious. I'll admit that when I first walked in and they were still serving breakfast i was a bit disappointed and almost waited to eat until they turned it over to lunch. But i really enjoyed this meal. I turned the pancakes and sausage and omelet into a sandwich though 😂😂
View attachment 412188

And i went back for whatever this was, because it was so incredibly delicious
View attachment 412189

It doesn't really look delicious though so you'll have to take my word for it 😂😂

Donald stopped by our table next.
View attachment 412191

A: hey Donald, guess what?!!
Donald: 🤷🤷
A: CHICKEN BUTT!! *Hysterical laughter*

I kid you not, Donald turned around then and started shaking his booty butt. Then A turned around and started shaking her booty butt. They had themselves a booty butt dance off 😂😂 A declared herself the winner and sent him on his way.
View attachment 412196

Next up, Mickey
View attachment 412204

I kinda parenting failed with Daisy..... A doesn't like syrup or anything on her waffles/pancakes. Instead she likes dipping pieces of them into her toppings, so i grabbed her a scoop of grape jelly when i was at the buffet. When she asked if she could just eat it with a spoon i said no, not until Daisy stops by. Because if I had said not until you're done with your meal she would have immediately said she was done. So when Daisy came by, I had completely forgotten about the jelly, but A hadn't 😂😂
View attachment 412225

"Daisy when you leave i finally get to eat!! So you can go now!! Take your picture and go to the next kid!!! I'm sooooo hungry!!"

I promise, I didn't tell her she couldn't eat 😂😂

Also A: YAYYYYY JELLY!!
View attachment 412242
Tusker house has an awesome buffet breakfast. A obviously has no problem saying exactly what she feels. You could write a book. She is hysterical!

fractal

We took a leisurely stroll to my favorite Disney restaurant. AK really is a beautiful park. It didn't feel quite as hot today as this week has been, and there was a nice gusty breeze. It was a very enjoyable walk along the water lilies. We got checked in and seated at Tusker House, and were immediately joined by Goofy
View attachment 412178

A dropped the pen. Then goofy dropped the pen. A tripped over her chair leg. Then goofy tripped. It was adorable 😂😂

We went to grab some food. Neither one of us had eaten breakfast and we were so hungry. A's plate
View attachment 412179

They should really call this phase of life the orange food phase. She ate almost all of this, plus two more donuts.

My first plate
View attachment 412182

I didn't like/eat the potatoes and A stole my chocolate croissant, but the rest was delicious. I'll admit that when I first walked in and they were still serving breakfast i was a bit disappointed and almost waited to eat until they turned it over to lunch. But i really enjoyed this meal. I turned the pancakes and sausage and omelet into a sandwich though 😂😂
View attachment 412188

And i went back for whatever this was, because it was so incredibly delicious
View attachment 412189

It doesn't really look delicious though so you'll have to take my word for it 😂😂

Donald stopped by our table next.
View attachment 412191

A: hey Donald, guess what?!!
Donald: 🤷🤷
A: CHICKEN BUTT!! *Hysterical laughter*

I kid you not, Donald turned around then and started shaking his booty butt. Then A turned around and started shaking her booty butt. They had themselves a booty butt dance off 😂😂 A declared herself the winner and sent him on his way.
View attachment 412196

Next up, Mickey
View attachment 412204

I kinda parenting failed with Daisy..... A doesn't like syrup or anything on her waffles/pancakes. Instead she likes dipping pieces of them into her toppings, so i grabbed her a scoop of grape jelly when i was at the buffet. When she asked if she could just eat it with a spoon i said no, not until Daisy stops by. Because if I had said not until you're done with your meal she would have immediately said she was done. So when Daisy came by, I had completely forgotten about the jelly, but A hadn't 😂😂
View attachment 412225

"Daisy when you leave i finally get to eat!! So you can go now!! Take your picture and go to the next kid!!! I'm sooooo hungry!!"

I promise, I didn't tell her she couldn't eat 😂😂

Also A: YAYYYYY JELLY!!
View attachment 412242

Hilarious!

A and I caught a really loud bus from AK to HS. The ramp for wheelchairs was shockingly loud. But we made it with no issues, and security lines were short. AND this time they didn't put my stuff all over the counter and leave it there 😂😂

@Rista1313 was abandoned by her husband who went back to take a nap, so we met up with her in Toy Story Land where she was riding SDD. A and I hopped in a ridiculously long line to meet Jessie to burn a little time before our group reservation. R unfortunately got roped into playing with A 😂😂
View attachment 412312

When we finally made it to the front of the line, A didn't even want to meet Jessie 😂😂 we finally coerced her into a picture though 😂😂 but this was Pocahontas all over again 😂😂
View attachment 412315

And then it was time to meander over to Batuu for Oga's. We could have probably squeezed some other activity in there but i think we all just wanted to relax a little. We ended up sitting on the ground behind the line checking in for Oga's. It was shady. There was a breeze. No people were crowding. It was kind of glorious!

Soon we were joined by @Figment Forever and her family and were ushered inside!!
View attachment 412317

We had asked for a booth and waited for a booth, but they still tried "sitting" us at a standing table. So we waited another five minutes and got a booth. @Figment Forever and @Rista1313 took better pictures so I'm counting on them to share them with me 😂😂 my phone is a piece of junk in low lighting 😂😂

R, A, Julia and I started the experience off with @Tuvalu s favorite snack... Dryer lint 😂😂
View attachment 412319

Then A and I both ordered the Blue Banthu, which is the blue milk with the cookie on top that's supposed to be like a Somoan girl scout cookie
View attachment 412321

This was the biggest disappointment of our trip. 26 steps away there is an outdoor shop for blue milk slushees for $8. Those are delicious and flavorful and icy and refreshing. What you spend $13 in Oga's to get is bland and not refreshing at all and comes with a hard cookie 😂😂 it's basically like a blue raspberry version of strawberry nesquick. The cookie looked like something pooped on shortbread, and then a bird pooped on top of that
View attachment 412322

It was difficult to eat. Hard to bite through. Even the shortbread cookie part was hard. And it didn't taste like anything. Just sugar. Do yourself a favor and skip this drink at Oga's and get the blue milk outside instead.

We had a great time hanging out and our server was fantastic. He had a lot of funny jokes and the interaction was really entertaining. I get the impression that not all servers at Oga's are created equal though, due to stories I've heard and some interactions with other servers while we were there. At one point a server noticed Hope was drinking her own apple juice and tried to upsell her a $17 drink that "tasted just like apple juice" 😂😂 no thanks. Our entertaining server's name was Paul.

A started melting. It was dark in the cantina, the music wasn't her favorite (i thought it was pretty odd music too. Didn't really strike me as star warsy) and she wanted to go back to the hotel to get her other toys. Plus someone said it was downpouring rain and she really wanted to go jump in some puddles. So we said our goodbyes and i put my phone in the waterproof case and we headed out.

Unfortunately it had stopped raining, but A still managed to find a few puddles. She also found these "foot primps" and we were wondering if anyone knew what Animal makes them (@StarWarsGirl ?)
View attachment 412323

We took one last spin on SDD as headed out of HS for the last time
View attachment 412324

And stopped to refill our bucket of popcorn as well. There was a family in front of us at the popcorn refill that took forever because they were fighting. The parents were fighting with each other, plus fighting with both of their kids, the kids were fighting with each other. And the youngest ones shoes were untied so she faceplanted on the pavement while running away from Dad. Grandma was following everyone around trying to console them. What should have taken just two minutes ended up taking around eleven, but we got the popcorn and exited the park. We had just missed the bus though, so we had to wait almost a half an hour at the bus stop. But it was quiet and cool and so nice that we lost track of time and the bus came before we knew it!
View attachment 412325

Our resort was having carnival night at the restaurant and i had planned on catching that, but A was done and just wanted to watch tv and play. So we had snacks for dinner in the room, and A fell asleep at around 8. This was our last chance to go swimming here, but A apparently needed sleep a lot more, lol.

Love WDWMagic meetups!
View attachment 412326

At the bus stop for our last full Disney Day!! Packed up a little bit this morning and will pack up more before the Halloween party tonight.

But first... Where are we going?

Have a great day!

MySmallWorldof4

A and I caught a really loud bus from AK to HS. The ramp for wheelchairs was shockingly loud. But we made it with no issues, and security lines were short. AND this time they didn't put my stuff all over the counter and leave it there 😂😂

@Rista1313 was abandoned by her husband who went back to take a nap, so we met up with her in Toy Story Land where she was riding SDD. A and I hopped in a ridiculously long line to meet Jessie to burn a little time before our group reservation. R unfortunately got roped into playing with A 😂😂
View attachment 412312

When we finally made it to the front of the line, A didn't even want to meet Jessie 😂😂 we finally coerced her into a picture though 😂😂 but this was Pocahontas all over again 😂😂
View attachment 412315

And then it was time to meander over to Batuu for Oga's. We could have probably squeezed some other activity in there but i think we all just wanted to relax a little. We ended up sitting on the ground behind the line checking in for Oga's. It was shady. There was a breeze. No people were crowding. It was kind of glorious!

Soon we were joined by @Figment Forever and her family and were ushered inside!!
View attachment 412317

We had asked for a booth and waited for a booth, but they still tried "sitting" us at a standing table. So we waited another five minutes and got a booth. @Figment Forever and @Rista1313 took better pictures so I'm counting on them to share them with me 😂😂 my phone is a piece of junk in low lighting 😂😂

R, A, Julia and I started the experience off with @Tuvalu s favorite snack... Dryer lint 😂😂
View attachment 412319

Then A and I both ordered the Blue Banthu, which is the blue milk with the cookie on top that's supposed to be like a Somoan girl scout cookie
View attachment 412321

This was the biggest disappointment of our trip. 26 steps away there is an outdoor shop for blue milk slushees for $8. Those are delicious and flavorful and icy and refreshing. What you spend $13 in Oga's to get is bland and not refreshing at all and comes with a hard cookie 😂😂 it's basically like a blue raspberry version of strawberry nesquick. The cookie looked like something pooped on shortbread, and then a bird pooped on top of that
View attachment 412322

It was difficult to eat. Hard to bite through. Even the shortbread cookie part was hard. And it didn't taste like anything. Just sugar. Do yourself a favor and skip this drink at Oga's and get the blue milk outside instead.

We had a great time hanging out and our server was fantastic. He had a lot of funny jokes and the interaction was really entertaining. I get the impression that not all servers at Oga's are created equal though, due to stories I've heard and some interactions with other servers while we were there. At one point a server noticed Hope was drinking her own apple juice and tried to upsell her a $17 drink that "tasted just like apple juice" 😂😂 no thanks. Our entertaining server's name was Paul.

A started melting. It was dark in the cantina, the music wasn't her favorite (i thought it was pretty odd music too. Didn't really strike me as star warsy) and she wanted to go back to the hotel to get her other toys. Plus someone said it was downpouring rain and she really wanted to go jump in some puddles. So we said our goodbyes and i put my phone in the waterproof case and we headed out.

Unfortunately it had stopped raining, but A still managed to find a few puddles. She also found these "foot primps" and we were wondering if anyone knew what Animal makes them (@StarWarsGirl ?)
View attachment 412323

We took one last spin on SDD as headed out of HS for the last time
View attachment 412324

And stopped to refill our bucket of popcorn as well. There was a family in front of us at the popcorn refill that took forever because they were fighting. The parents were fighting with each other, plus fighting with both of their kids, the kids were fighting with each other. And the youngest ones shoes were untied so she faceplanted on the pavement while running away from Dad. Grandma was following everyone around trying to console them. What should have taken just two minutes ended up taking around eleven, but we got the popcorn and exited the park. We had just missed the bus though, so we had to wait almost a half an hour at the bus stop. But it was quiet and cool and so nice that we lost track of time and the bus came before we knew it!
View attachment 412325

Our resort was having carnival night at the restaurant and i had planned on catching that, but A was done and just wanted to watch tv and play. So we had snacks for dinner in the room, and A fell asleep at around 8. This was our last chance to go swimming here, but A apparently needed sleep a lot more, lol.
Great meetups! Excellent tip about the drink. A shame that the cookie tasted awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom