Is Anybody Else Annoyed With Hyperspace Mountain's Stay?

D.Silentu

I’ve seen scared children at many rides in the park, most of them in Fantasyland. Crying/nervous children left and right.
As have I. However, I mean to highlight the fact that uniquely in this case it was the intended effect.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

You're right, I had to put a disclaimer about Snow White in my original post because of it. I suppose it's worth adding that it was more unique to current Disney, as opposed to the older generation that built the park.

SirWillow

I don't get it either. The company thinks their consumers are that dumb apparently. "Oh wow a Lion King show, I should go see the new version of the Lion King now!".

Actually you have it backwards as to why they cross promote. It's more of a "I saw the movie and now I get to experience a bit of the movie live in the parks." At least that's how it's supposed to work most of the time. Doesn't mean it always does. lol

I'm actually glad Hyperspace Mountain is sticking around for a little bit so I can experience it in a month when we're there (looking forward to comparing their overlay with Paris' version) But I also certainly understand it overstaying it's welcome.

waltography

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm still waiting for a Christmas overlay for Space. Just think: Space Mountain - Noel Nebula!

mikenatcity1

PREACH! Except DCA is on the verge of being dead to me (if not for Cars Land and SoC's return, it would be to me). Disneyland still has magic but man TDA execs are doing their best to change that with most of their changes.. not all, but most.

I hope you're right. I was hoping SM would return for my possible visit in December, but i'm not sure. I personally believe in the term "SW Fatigue".. mainly after Kennedy and Johnson killed the new trilogy. Except we have to deal with it in the parks now.

Give it time, you'll eventually feel the same way about HSM as you do with Ghost Galaxy :p

I'm fairly certain of that! I liked a couple of the effects but if I had to ride it every day, i'd be bored :)

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I agree which is at odd because once upon a time for like 3 days I thought it was a good overlay. I think I was just in a really good mood and enjoyed the outdoor lighting and sound effects.

You're not alone, I enjoyed it the first couple of times too.. but it just doesn't have the staying power, or magic, like the original. Then Disney calls it "temporary" yet keeps it in for year(s) at a time. But they bring back SoC for only a couple of months, if that?

It's another blatant attempt to shamelessly advertise their IP, IMO. Had they kept doing it for just the month of May, I really wouldn't be talking about it.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Not shocked. just finding it enjoyable there is an overlay that annoys you soo much after all the defending you did of HMH. I love great irony.

So ironic. Dude, I like HMH, get over it

For the record, most overlays / re-skins annoy me, and I've stated that multiple times. I don't owe you this explanation, but it's also quite a bit different when Hyperspace stays for year(s) at a time, and it's been active longer than Space Mountain itself since it's opening date.

mickEblu

You're not alone, I enjoyed it the first couple of times too.. but it just doesn't have the staying power, or magic, like the original. Then Disney calls it "temporary" yet keeps it in for year(s) at a time. But they bring back SoC for only a couple of months, if that?

It's another blatant attempt to shamelessly advertise their IP, IMO. Had they kept doing it for just the month of May, I really wouldn't be talking about it.

I was talking about Ghost Galaxy not Hyperspace but I see what you re saying.

mickEblu

I think Hyperspace Mountain is better than Space Mountain in its current state. When I ride the original after riding Hyperspace I feel that it’s lacking in energy. The music in Hyperspace makes up for the poor projections. And for whatever reason it doesn’t feel as fast. I’m sure that’s psychological due to the music.

Serious question. What is missing from the original Space Mountain when the Hyperspace overlay is running? The soundtrack? Or is it a subtraction by addition for most people? For me it’s the same ride with more energy and a few bad projections.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I was talking about Ghost Galaxy not Hyperspace but I see what you re saying.
I think Hyperspace Mountain is better than Space Mountain in its current state. When I ride the original after riding Hyperspace I feel that it’s lacking in energy. The music in Hyperspace makes up for the poor projections. And for whatever reason it doesn’t feel as fast. I’m sure that’s psychological due to the music.

Serious question. What is missing from the original Space Mountain when the Hyperspace overlay is running? The soundtrack? Or is it a subtraction by addition for most people? For me it’s the same ride with more energy and a few bad projections.

Ahh my bad.

The soundtrack and overall feel is different. I believe i'm being sold on Star Wars, like i'm being sold on Marvel at DCA. The ride doesn't belong at Disney.. maybe Universal, but not Disney. I also personally do not believe it "plusses" the attraction, nor brings anything new / great to the table other than a few X-Wing projections and some lasers. And I do like SM's 05+ soundtrack, if that counts for anything lol.

As to the discussion of rather or not SM needs an update entirely, I suppose that's a different story. It definitely needs a few things but TDA is refusing to plus it.. instead they do this half-bum re-skin attempt to make it "great".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom