Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

bUU

Except Imagineering no longer has "a vision" for any theme park, they do what they are told to do by upper level executives.
Didn't we say we were putting on our big boy pants earlier in the thread?

Management always sets the vision. That's life and it always has been. Walt was a particularly micro-managing "upper level executive." You're not hired by a company to play around and do whatever you want. You're hired to employ your skills and creativity to solve the company's challenges. Always. Every company. For as long as there have been employers and employees.

wdwgreek

Sorry, but that's a conceit. A carpenter builds a triangular opening in a wall, and puts in a triangular window. You enjoy looking out this triangular window for years. Then the carpenter renovates the wall and makes the opening in the wall round and puts a round window in the opening. Claiming that the circular window does not "fit" is ludicrous.
Not sure I follow your metaphor or your word choice of a conceit.

Conceit is a figure of speech in which two vastly different objects are likened together with the help of similes or metaphors. I don't think comparing TWDC current piecemeal fixes for Epcot against its core mission and founding principles is an improper leap. but to you use your metaphor.

A window is but one feature on but one wall of the room. If the other three walls have triangle doors or windows and triangle furnishings and one wall has the replacement you speak of then the circle certainly doesn't fit. Some of these additions, IE Moana or GoTG seem to be circles windows surrounded by triangle windows and furnishings. Now part of the referb of the part the new festival space and play pavilion are not getting as much pushback but they seem appropriate for the park, whereas even with mental gymnastics Moana and GoTG seem akward. They don't fit. After the redo of the park, the development of the neighborhoods who knows I may be wrong , but as it stands now my initial reflection is that these are not positive additions to the park.

bUU

People like McDonalds and Applebees....why not put those at the front of the park too?
How about Rainforest Cafe?

A well designed park should take you on a cohesive journey...
Who are you to impose rules on the creativity of the Imagineers? You're not an "upper level executive" at Disney, I dare say, so you don't actually get to set rules like that.

What actually does determine rules like that are guests overall as reflected in their attendance and patronage. Talk to me when Disney's attendance drops by over 25% over four years after implementation of things that violate your rules, then I'll give a small amount of credence to you setting rules like that.

bUU

My initial impression is that this seems awful, but due to the fact I haven't seen the final project or much beyond a vague description i'll withhold final judgment until a full in person review of the experience? Is that better?
Better at what?

As I said, you've already decided to have a negative predisposition toward it.

Guess what the impact generally is when you adopt a negative predisposition toward something.

wdwgreek

How about Rainforest Cafe?

Who are you to impose rules on the creativity of the Imagineers? You're not an "upper level executive" at Disney, I dare say, so you don't actually get to set rules like that.

What actually does determine rules like that are guests overall as reflected in their attendance and patronage. Talk to me when Disney's attendance drops by over 25% over four years after implementation of things that violate your rules, then I'll give a small amount of credence to you setting rules like that.
Have you ever critiqued something in a movie or a book or a television series in your life? Or are you so content with what you are spoon fed you don't aspire to use your own critical thinking to analyze something. You whole line on this thread has been you aren't the executives so you don't get to make the decisions so you shouldn't critique it or discuss it.
Better at what?

As I said, you've already decided to have a negative predisposition toward it.

Guess what the impact generally is when you adopt a negative predisposition toward something.
Better then my initial blanket statement. I tried to asterisk it for your liking. I could very well be proven wrong.

bUU

Not sure I follow your metaphor or your word choice of a conceit.
Conceit is excessive pride in oneself, placing one in a commanding position above the carpenter in my metaphor.

A window is but one feature on but one wall of the room.
Not in my metaphor. It's the entirety of the metaphor.

The reality is that the whole of the front of EPCOT is being renovated. It's going to be all circular windows. If you're a religious fanatic for triangles, then that's going to be a problem for you.

KBLovedDisney

192fdf5e12bda2725cbb02e61869848b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom