Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

Voxel

President of Progress City
The new ones still need electricity.
Battery power trains?!?! I mean they build one using a 1950s? Engine in Australia. They have solar at the station and solar on the roof. Down side with the real monorails, where do you put the battery.. do you remove passenger compartent for a battery bank. and are they a 100% proven safe for that work scenario. We saw the Batteries on a 787 erupt in flames and there are stories of Tesla's catching fire from time to time.

drizgirl

While that's a great idea, it's not like they can walk down to the local monorail dealer and buy the $399 a month special with special financing. From day of order it can take 5 to 10 years to see the delivery of a new train/monorail, and that timeline can slip if they decide to get bids from other companies or had more functionality/custom body work.
Disney is fully aware of that. Which is why plans should have been in the works long ago.

ABQ

New monorail "incident" sort of. Monorail was stopped with no A/C for 30+ minutes and guests had to open the emergency windows to get enough of cool air. A few people posting about it on twitter:

Ugh, why is the word "legitimately" used so much? As if someone would "legitimately" :rolleyes: question the validity of a claim that children and infants were present in Disneyworld?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
They'll screw it up and Hollywood Studios will disappear. It's not worth losing my Tower for monorails that don't smell like pee.
docsg3.jpg

s8film40

Still no need to throw a hissy fit on Twitter. But that's the modern human for you, demand everything bow down to you. I have no sympathy for this woman and any other whiny guest
I mean I agree I’m not a fan of people using social media to complain. People use this means to complain about things as minor as getting a bad burger at a fast food place. This is a pretty legitimate issue though. I’m sure she’ll be taken care of. I’ve been in the situation before and it is pretty miserable.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When the last such break down occurred, guests were told to open the emergency windows, too, which caused some to just fall out.

The a picture of a guest sticking their head out of a window went viral with the fake news of the windows falling out on their own (like the door incident, which was real).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom