Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Epcot_Imagineer

They didn't realize the cars had to be ADA-compliant?
Yeah, I find this very hard to believe.
ADA compliance just occurred to them? I have a hard time believing that.
I am posting @SWGalaxysEdge's material because they have proven to be very reliable in the past. Does ADA compliance seem like something they should've thought about? Yes. Maybe what they had in place originally did not work. All I'm saying is keep an open mind when it comes to this poster, and when in doubt, call in Martin! @marni1971

drod1985

I am posting @SWGalaxysEdge's material because they have proven to be very reliable in the past. Does ADA compliance seem like something they should've thought about? Yes. Maybe what they had in place originally did not work. All I'm saying is keep an open mind when it comes to this poster, and when in doubt, call in Martin! @marni1971

First, they've posted some pics from inside construction for sure. But they've also posted a lot of bogus info or speculation claimed as fact.

Second, here's a pic of the ride vehicle. Cutting the doors in half and adding hinges makes absolutely zero sense with this design.

rise-resistance-ride-vehicle-star-wars-celebration-header.jpg

LuvWDW2

Sounds like he/she is just throwing out anything and everything heard just to see if something sticks.

So I’m going to blame the earthquake for the delay. There, you read it on the Internet so it must be true.

Epcot_Imagineer

First, they've posted some pics from inside construction for sure. But they've also posted a lot of bogus info or speculation claimed as fact.
Second, here's a pic of the ride vehicle. Cutting the doors in half and adding hinges makes absolutely zero sense with this design.
Sounds like he/she is just throwing out anything and everything heard just to see if something sticks.

The reason I trusted @SWGalaxysEdge so quickly is because they were the first I saw posting information about the ride vehicle network connectivity issues, which were confirmed by our insiders here. Could this ADA issue be bogus? Absolutely, 100%; I just figured I'd post to give everyone rumors from a person who has given good info in the past. Didn't mean to make anyone upset, I was just adding to the thread 😬

drod1985

Definitely not upset @Epcot_Imagineer, just treading with caution. Improper expectations set by questionable rumors tend to either create unfounded panic or set the fanbase up for disappointment.

That's part of why I value our regular insiders here - they know how to temper what they share to shed some light on BTS happenings without sounding an alarm or creating false hope.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought this was a DOSH issue, not ADA. But that’s just me. I’ve been wrong before.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I thought this was a DOSH issue, not ADA. But that’s just me. I’ve been wrong before.
So pure speculation based on this - could this have come up in inspection and have been unanticipated? I've had situations where inspectors come up and pull out obscure and ambiguous regs and force changes. And could this be a CA issue, which would explain the rumor why WDW may be done earlier?

rle4lunch

So pure speculation based on this - could this have come up in inspection and have been unanticipated? I've had situations where inspectors come up and pull out obscure and ambiguous regs and force changes. And could this be a CA issue, which would explain the rumor why WDW may be done earlier?

Very well be true. Cali has more than 3,000 more regulations on just what can be classified a hazardous material (they like to inlude 'potential hazmat on their lists, for, money reasons, lol). I can't imagine how many more regulations (some warranted, most not tho) they have over Florida, probably 10's of thousands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom