News Crazy fight in Toontown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
What the heck is this!?!? Is this Disneyland or a dark alley in the worst neighborhood? How disgusting and disappointing to see that happen anywhere, let alone inside a family oriented environment.

Unbelievable how looooong it took for Disney Security to intervene, I always thought that there were undercover security personnel scattered everywhere inside the parks who would act fast when something like this happens.

This leaves me feeling very concerned and rattled. Wrong and disturbing on so many levels...

Yeah. It was so horrible to see Cast Members just standing there, not doing anything.

What do you want them to do? Not trying to be mean, just curious.

You have management spread WAY too thin due to budget cutbacks to please the shareholders. You have workers with no way to contact their manager on duty. You have workers who work 50+ hours a week to live with roommates, share a car, and live paycheck to paycheck. Despite their horrible pay and long hours, you still have them scared to use their phone as it's against company policy when in view of guests. So this is what you get, an hour worker, just standing there with a "I don't get paid enough for this" look.

Management, once they did show up, all they will do is radio their boss on duty and/or security.

Darkbeer1

Well, to be fair, CM's are getting a minimum of $15 per hour, Educational Expenses paid for through the Disney Aspire Program, and some great benefits. Heck, the sign ins and comp tickets are worth over $1000. They make some great gifts, or maybe useful bartering items.....

Or you could be working at a Fast Food place making California Minimum Wage of $11 ($12 for companies with more than 25 employees), and the main benefit, maybe a discount on food and free soda during your shift).

Nirya

That was rough to watch.

It's a failure on Disney's part, for sure, that this happened for as long as it did (and you can bet the argument was happening for much longer than was recorded). While it feels like an isolated incident (i.e. you don't see fights happening every day at Disneyland) the fact that one happened, and for as long as it happened without any security stepping in, is inexcusable. And if that's the reaction to a simple fight, god forbid something real bad actually happen (especially with the dog and pony show of a security buble).

I'm fully expecting Disney to release something saying that they take safety seriously, and make some token pass at showing they care, like stating security will be getting new training or something. It won't make a difference.

TP2000

It's 2019, if we want equality men are not obligated to defend women.

I still hold the door open for ladies. Sue me, AOC.

And I absolutely loved that older janitor CM in the video who tried to get people calmed down, even though as an older gent he had less ability to defend himself than those young women who were knocked out cold onto the Toontown pavement.

That janitor was the only CM who tried to help. I bet he holds doors open for ladies too.

Last edited:

TP2000

While it feels like an isolated incident (i.e. you don't see fights happening every day at Disneyland) the fact that one happened, and for as long as it happened without any security stepping in, is inexcusable. And if that's the reaction to a simple fight, god forbid something real bad actually happen (especially with the dog and pony show of a security buble).

I'm fully expecting Disney to release something saying that they take safety seriously, and make some token pass at showing they care, like stating security will be getting new training or something. It won't make a difference.

That's exactly my point. Security guards and managers responded to this fight and then just stood around and did basically nothing, while women were pummeled repeatedly and laid on the ground in pain.

What happens if a real civil disturbance breaks out? What happens when the next 7.1 earthquake isn't 150 miles away but ruptures the Newport fault 10 miles away and real human drama on a mass scale happens at Disneyland? Will all of these high paid Security guards and Disneyland managers in Dockers just wander around tapping at their iPhones and radioing into base while people lay in the street hurt? Will they try and command authority and show real leadership, or just crumple into limp wimps who just stare blankly at the injured?

I think we now know what they will do.

TP2000

There’s so many things going on in that video. It’s so dense. The guy in the backpack who sneaks in and chokes out the pink shirted guy is some kind of superhero in disguise. Hire that guy for security.

I noticed him too. He should lend one of his cojones to Disneyland management and they could all share it.

I had to make a second cocktail an hour ago and watch this video again. You are right in that it is very dense. There's multiple layers of customer and CM behavior going on, it's hard to know what to watch.

Will all of these high paid Security guards and Disneyland managers in Dockers just wander around tapping at their iPhones and radioing into base while people lay in the street hurt?

High paid security guard? Either you are being sarcastic or have a high misunderstanding of their pay scale. Their most common task of their day is pointing out bathrooms or dealing with complaints of a lost cell phone. Worst case of the month will be dealing with a mother who lost their kid

Disneyland managers in Dockers? Yes, the company has a dress code. They are contacting their boss and security. What do you want them to be doing, hand to hand combat? Most are like 25 year olds, work 50+ hours a week and then still have to deal with diversity training

TP2000

High paid security guard? Either you are being sarcastic or have a high misunderstanding of their pay scale. Their most common task of their day is pointing out bathrooms or dealing with complaints of a lost cell phone. Worst case of the month will be dealing with a mother who lost their kid

Disneyland managers in Dockers? Yes, the company has a dress code. They are contacting their boss and security. What do you want them to be doing, hand to hand combat? Most are like 25 year olds, work 50+ hours a week and then still have to deal with diversity training

That Janitor guy makes the Disneyland starting wage of $15 an hour. Disneyland starts their security guards at $16.60 an hour. It's not Google pay rates, but it's much higher than minimum wage. https://parksjobs.disneycareers.com/job/anaheim/security-part-time/1678/11965483

How much do you have to be paid to stop a woman from being beat up by her boyfriend in public?

All those men who stopped the fight were Disneyland customers who had actually paid money to get in to Disneyland, while Disneyland employees being paid to be there stood around staring at the injured and were "contacting their boss". :rolleyes:

Although, I do imagine that the demographic involved here gave some of those CM's pause when it was time to step in, and they elected not to step in lest they be branded a racist the next day on network TV. I can't blame them for that. But this just went on for so long and was so egregious, you would think basic human decency would eventually override their mandatory HR diversity training. Maybe Disneyland's HR team is proud of that?

Last edited:
How much do you have to be paid to stop a woman from being beat up by her boyfriend in public?

No worker or manager will dare tough an angry guest without risking their job, thus they won't.

I've seen a guest rudely grab a manager's arm, and all the manager could do was text their boss and security both of who were over shortly.

I don't even think security would or is allowed to break up an actual fight. They would probably just phone the actual police.

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
That Janitor guy makes the Disneyland starting wage of $15 an hour. Disneyland starts their security guards at $16.60 an hour. It's not Google pay rates, but it's much higher than minimum wage.

All those men who stopped the fight were Disneyland customers who had actually paid money to get in to Disneyland, while Disneyland employees stood around "contacting their boss". :rolleyes:
Exactly! Nobody is paying the brave guests who stepped in either! I think it's instinct and common sense to do something about a situation like that. I 100% know that my husband would have intervened the second he sees a woman being punched in the face. What is wrong with the world...?

TP2000

No worker or manager will dare tough an angry guest without risking their job, thus they won't.

I've seen a guest rudely grab a manager's arm, and all the manager could do was text their boss and security both of who were overly shortly.

I don't even think security would or is allowed to break up an actual fight. They would probably just phone the actual police.

That sounds like a horrible place to work, at any pay rate. This video we've all seen tonight pretty much confirms that.

It must be very demeaning to know the paying customers are allowed to have more humanity than the employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom