Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

tirian

It is unfortunate that we have no modern gadfly like Al Lutz used to be.

However, Al never lashed out at dismissive fans. Spirit should have been a legitimate blogger with a site of his/her own rather than a voice on these forums who acted like he owned the place.
You make a good point. But yes, WDW does need its own Al Lutz—and look at DL now that Al is unable to hold them accountable.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hoping they can stick with rough "studio" themed lands. IE Pixar, WDAS etc. See Marvel at DCA. And the evolving Pixar Pier.

Studio should never be used as a theme. Most people don't even know where one studio ends and another begins. Marvel works, because most of the character are interrelated, but why would you put, for example, Tangled and Brave in two different lands just because they are made under different studio banners, and Star Wars and Indy in the same land because they are both Lucasfilm?

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Studio should never be used as a theme. Most people don't even know where one studio end the and other begins. Marvel works, because most of the character are interrelated, but why would you put, for example, Tangled and Brave in two different lands just because they are made under different studio banners, and Star Wars and Indy in the same land because they are both Lucasfilm?
And where does Howard the Duck go?

FigmentJedi

Studio should never be used as a theme. Most people don't even know where one studio ends and another begins. Marvel works, because most of the character are interrelated, but why would you put, for example, Tangled and Brave in two different lands just because they are made under different studio banners, and Star Wars and Indy in the same land because they are both Lucasfilm?
I do think a "Pixar City" would solve a lot of the "square peg in round hole" issues most Pixar attractions have. Brave, Wall-E, and maybe Up are the only Pixar movies that could really fit snugly into the traditional "Castle Park Cardinal Realms", but almost everything else shares a "Contemporary Urban Setting" or a hyperspecific alternate universe that doesn't mesh with other things well like Cars or the Good Dinosaur.

jt04

There can always be exceptions to the rule and you have mentioned some good examples.

However Pixar Pier can and should be a great use of the concept. Same for Marvel at DCA.

I favor Indy-Land going to DAK or secondly the MK. So we are on the same page there.

trainplane3

Hot take: if we despise TC so much, perhaps stop reading his website. Don’t give Clickbait the clicks.
But yet we have people posting pictures and tweets here from "the site that can't be named" as if no one knows what they mean. So then people go over there anyways. I don't get it. Isn't there a rule about posting stuff from that site? T will win no matter what happens with these rumors and no one realizes that. As long as there's drama, he gets what he wants.

I know I wait until someone else posts the same article but with not crap quality pictures (seriously, can't he give his people something good to take pictures with? They're trash quality. Not even worth stealing.) and then share it here with the source intact. Bio and BlogMickey are my personal go-to's.

Mouse Trap

Reading the comments on the "Statement" makes me laugh because someone on their team is clearly being told to spit out fake comments to make them look better. There's a lot of similar wordage, sentence structure, etc... that one person is writing a ton of praise while anything negative is being blocked.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
But yet we have people posting pictures and tweets here from "the site that can't be named" as if no one knows what they mean. So then people go over there anyways. I don't get it. Isn't there a rule about posting stuff from that site? T will win no matter what happens with these rumors and no one realizes that. As long as there's drama, he gets what he wants.

I know I wait until someone else posts the same article but with not crap quality pictures (seriously, can't he give his people something good to take pictures with? They're trash quality. Not even worth stealing.) and then share it here with the source intact. Bio and BlogMickey are my personal go-to's.

The problem is, when he posts things they tend to grow legs and soon enough other sites are reporting it and it becomes hard not to discuss it here, especially since we have people here who have inside information that can add perspective to what he is reporting. I don't think these rumors are being totally made up, they all probably have some nugget of truth.

trainplane3

The problem is, when he posts things they tend to grow legs and soon enough other sites are reporting it and it becomes hard not to discuss it here, especially since we have people here who have inside information that can add perspective to what he is reporting. I don't think these rumors are being totally made up, they all probably have some nugget of truth.
I guess I should've specified things like park updates (TL repaint as an example) and not rumor stuff. But I get that though.

I'm sure all the rumors have some truth. It really depends how far in development they are. I feel @Magic Feather described him the best:
Corless often takes his sources and, once they have proven once or twice, runs with them the second he gets info, so that he can be "first." Sometimes that gets him winners, like the Runaway Overview and Communicore plan (which he deserves credit for), but often leads him to things like this, which is why he has such a... unique reputation in the community.

That was from the Land and Seas demo thread, for some context.

DAR1974

It's funny I've been perusing Twitter just to see any more regarding this whole story. I've seen tweets from this person saying makes things up, as well as this site, and Foxxy and just about every other Disney site. It's like dude slow down a bit

Goofy213

Could Tiki getting an update ot overlay be something as simple as adding video screens to the painted volcano pictures and adding Muana and Maui to them? Thus sparring the integrity of the remainder of the show building itself.

RaveOnEd

What I like is in his live stream from yesterday, he says that now and Disney are at war. OK, he's profiting off using the Disney brand, more than likely not having to pay any form of licensing (as well as probably getting perks from Disney!) but yet he declares war on them.

He needs to know when he won't win a single battle with them, much less a war. He'll end up lucky to find out where they get napkins supplied from, much less what's happening in the parks!

Kman101

I can't shake the feeling that TC is being fed some questionable information in an effort to find leaks within the company. Why, I do not know. But regardless, his ship is in danger of going down with whoever is feeding him his information.

I agree, I thought the same. I suggested as much to him but was ignored. I think there's a reason our insiders are kind of more guarded than they used to be and much more careful about what they place out there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What I like is in his live stream from yesterday, he says that now ***** and Disney are at war. OK, he's profiting off using the Disney brand, more than likely not having to pay any form of licensing (as well as probably getting perks from Disney!) but yet he declares war on them.

He needs to know when he won't win a single battle with them, much less a war. He'll end up lucky to find out where they get napkins supplied from, much less what's happening in the parks!

Another 'funny' thing he's been saying since the Land and Sea snafu is that in the past, he and Disney PR had been on good terms in that they would call him personally if there was an issue with what he reported.

Dude, a company's PR department calling you repeatedly is not a good thing and a sign of a good relationship. They don't want to spend their time contacting you with corrections. You used up their good will and now they're cutting you off. And who's fault is that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom