News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Rich Brownn

That number comes from how many boats are dispatched in an hour. A boat on IASW can hold 20, which means you'd have 150 boat dispatches per hour. To reach that amount, IASW requires a dispatch interval of 24 seconds.
Dont they load/unload two at once? So they dispatch every 24 seconds but the two boats load/unload at once meaning its 48 seconds to enter/exit

David1111

As with every FP debate, one needs to consider the dramatic increase in attendance in the parks and parks hitting their 'tipping point' in which they have more guests than all the rides together can accommodate. In that case, whether there is no FP, paper FP, or FP+, there will be huge lines. That's what happens when you go past capacity regardless of how you try to move people around.
Seems like E-tickets or various C's could help with that... oh, nevermind because there are some unique things at WDW like a zoo, a world's fair, and a movie studio.

BlakeW39

Seems like E-tickets or various C's could help with that... oh, nevermind because there are some unique things at WDW like a zoo, a world's fair, and a movie studio.

You say that almost like it isn't what makes WDW special... you know, variety in theme and offerings between the parks. So that there isn't just MK and MK 2.0. A zoo shoulf not be saod condescendingly, nor should world's fair. A movie studio isn't tgere anymore but if it was then I'd say that too lol.

EricsBiscuit

With regards to FP+, keep in mind that data collection is very important. Many industries are now starting to realize this. Look at quick service restaurants for example and how they develop new drink flavors at the Coke freestyle machines. So many examples. Data collection is an important part to many business plans these days. I’m not saying that FP+ is the best way to collect that data, but it’s a way.

Lensman

I do wonder sometimes whether the attraction shortage is purely a problem that could be solved with more money/investment. That is, I wonder if there is also a shortage of imagination and artistic execution. We all want masterpieces or at least high levels of creative competence, right? I mean, we don't want TDO to stamp out a series of mediocre high-capacity attractions purely to address the shortage in capacity, right?

Maybe the entire creative model for theme parks is currently broken because you don't have enough independent (attraction) studios pitching ideas to the major (attraction) distributing studios (Disney and Universal)? Admittedly, I don't think this is how the Disney film studio works either, for the most part.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I wish there was a feature on these "construction" threads that let you bypass posts that don't contain actual construction progress photos.

I'd rather not wade through pages of you guys comparing sizes, etc.
Well, there's always BlogDisney.

trainplane3

Men stare at large black pole being erected behind Space Mountain:
D6sOWdzWwAAhwOA.jpg:large

But really:

Screenshot from:
http://blogmickey.com/2019/05/disney-shares-a-look-at-tron-roller-coaster-progress-at-magic-kingdom/

Kman101

Could more rides be added to AK and Epcot? Sure. But that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the other aspects of the parks. AK: Shows and walk trails. Epcot: Walking around WS and exploring the pavilions.

The parks have insanely high attendance and the demand isn't being met. Why is that hard for some folks to grasp; that's all most of us are saying. Yes, the parks have much more going for them, they were meant to compliment the Magic Kingdom and give guests reasons to stay a whole week. But what worked back in 1982 and 1989 and 1998 doesn't work now and the parks need to be expanded and added to (which they're FINALLY doing, but still repeating some of the same mistakes). What's so hard for folks to get about that? And sadly, most casuals aren't strolling around smelling the roses and spending an hour on a trail like we are.

BlakeW39

The parks have insanely high attendance and the demand isn't being met. Why is that hard for some folks to grasp; that's all most of us are saying. Yes, the parks have much more going for them, they were meant to compliment the Magic Kingdom and give guests reasons to stay a whole week. But what worked back in 1982 and 1989 and 1998 doesn't work now and the parks need to be expanded and added to (which they're FINALLY doing, but still repeating some of the same mistakes). What's so hard for folks to get about that? And sadly, most casuals aren't strolling around smelling the roses and spending an hour on a trail like we are.

I was going to reply but I don't know that I need to. Couldn't say it better myself, they need more. They need the supply to meat the guests' ravenous demand.

Last edited:

Flynnwriter

The ride is amazing! The details and art direction is beautiful... but I don’t know how many quests will not “fit” on the cozy, sleek light cycles. There wasn’t one overweight passenger in Shanghai in the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom